Three sloops and one kraken later...

• I'm here to tell you the tale of how three sloops engaged in battle, cannons be firing from all sides and an unlikely alliance made by a beast itself.

My tale starts like any other tale. I was on the hunt for the elusive ghost megalodon. I had hunted the others down and this beast be the last notch on my belt. I had sailed from The Wilds up to The Ancient Isle where with me one good eye noticed a sloop that seemed to be tailing me. Since I was my own captain on the ship I decided to turn around and see what this sloop wanted, perhaps we could partner up and hunt the megalodon together!

As my ship grew closer I asked them "Can I help you?", to which they fired a cannon at me! Quickly thinking I ran up to the wheel and made my ship turn so that it wouldn't be caught dead in the water.

Now, I be a simple pirate. The one that sees the good in all but I also be the pirate to fight back if you attack me.

The sloop turned around firing shots at my haul but the luck of the sea was on my side. Their shots missed or only grazed me ship to where it only needed a quick fix. I fired a few cannons and got a few shots but I then spotted to me left another sloop be approaching! I thought I was done for. I prepared myself for an all out battle between these two sloops, ready the cannons and had it aimed at the second sloop that joined. It seems as though luck of the sea was still on my side as this second sloop was helping me.

"Ha, perfect!" I thought. With the first sloop distracted by the second sloop I turned my ship and zeroed in on the attacker. I was going to ram their ship and make them pay for starting this battle. With my sails at full and the wind on my side I braced myself as I watched my ship slam into the attacking sloop.

The ship rocked violently and I lost my bearing for just a second but not enough to see that this sloop was a two man sloop. A lass locked eyes with mine and she pulled out a pistol, well I pulled out me trusty blunderbuss and smiled wildly to her. She had gotten a shot off on me and I got a shot off on her. The lass was a good fighter, I'll give her that. She managed to survive the first hit of the blunderbuss and started to carve into me.

I surely believed this was the end. I was ready to enter the ferry of the damned and be trapped there. Somehow though in my haze of gunpowder, blood and sea I reloaded my blunderbuss and fired. There I saw the lass fall to her feet before being taken away to the ferry.

Taking a deep breath I stared at where she had stood, trying to collect my thoughts. Then I heard the thunderous sound of a cannon going off. The fight was not over.

Rushing up to the wheel I returned to the fight against the sloop that tried to take me down. The second sloop was still in the fight putting damage on the dog.

We fought for another ten minutes it seems. Firing cannons on all sides and even having the attacking sloop load up the lass that I had taken out before into a cannon and firing it at me! She missed me boat but managed to climb up the ladder. It was another close match between us fighting but I again took her down with the blunderbuss.

The battle seemed to never end, cannons going off, the sounds of repairing and the sight to finish the fight.

That was when it happened. Our fighting woke up the beast. I was preparing my ship for another ram when the water turned black as night. Our ships halted and the growl of what was to come shook even the hardest of pirates to the core.

The kraken had woken and was angry at us. It's tentacles shot up into the air as it let out a piercing roar.

I knew then that I had to get out of there and so did the other sloops. The sloop that was aiding me was away from the kraken reach but the attacking sloop, ah the sea has a way to deliver it's own justice.

The kraken was focused on that sloop leaving me and the other sloop alone. I managed to get out of its black devil water, as did the other sloop but the attacking sloop, I don't know what happened.

When the water had cleared and the kraken went back into hiding I sailed around where we had all fought looking for remnants of the attacking sloop. I found none and I assume that the sea has taken them to the depths below.

That be my tale of how three sloops and one kraken fought in battle.

Views
1 out of 1