Faster load times Sea of Thieves (PC)

• anyone know how to optimize Sea of Thieves to load faster? feels like ages when joining a game. dear lord

Views
  • Load times are brutal. Just add some more pictures!!!! Same 3 pictures over and over makes it even longer!

• @mission007hills SSD will change things dramatically.

• @mission007hills

SSD will help but take consideration into what you are doing.

So first check how long it takes to get from ferry to your ship. Not death to ferry.

If you are loading into your ship from the ferry within 3 to 5 seconds. As in the second you touch the portal it takes 3 to 5 seconds to load in you are pretty solid. SSD might drop it to 2 or 3 but remember, you will still occasionally black screen. So ssd won't get rid of that. I think thats just server issues.

SSD won't really help you there. Now ssd will let you load into the start of the game in like 5 to 10 seconds. Usually you get 2 cycles of hints before it loads you into the game.

• @mission007hills
    Get an ssd.
    Loading to the main menu takes half the time.
    From 'set sail' to tavern takes 1/3 the time.
    All my mermaid, ferry, and hideout blackscreens are now 5 seconds. Even if im fighting meg/skelly ships/players/kraken. 5 seconds, maybe 6. The only time i get stuck on blackscreen, is if my ship has sunk while im dead. I stay on blackscreen till the ship despawns. I have tried many hdds and xboxes, and all suffer from poor loading. The ssd is like playing a different game!

• Your internet connection has a lot to do with it but it’s such big map with a lot of detail it takes a long time, especially when in a fight and there is a lot going on.

Views
1 out of 6