Please fix the skeletons!!

• First of all you have made it so that skeletons can walk through the player, but the player can not do the same. This ends up with the player being surrounded by skeletons and not being able to move. either make it so the player can do the same or stop the skeletons from walk through the player.
    Secondly, skeletons don't receive a penalty when being hit with a sword by a player. When a player is hit the combo is reset, many times me and other crew members have been hitting skeletons with our swords and the skeletons are able to pull of a three hit combo. Skeletons should receive the same penalty as players.
    Thirdly, when doing an Athena voyage the constant spawning of random gunpowder skeletons is over the top. I understand that Athenas are meant to be difficult being end game voyages, but having one spawn (and in some cases 3-4) every time the randoms skeletons spawn is to much. at least reduce the frequency at which they can spawn.
    Last and by no means least, this has to be the most complained about feature sniper skeleton.
    The number of sniper skeletons that can spawn at one time and along side other gun skeletons is to much. Having more than one sniper skeleton spawn at one time is beyond a joke, many a time me and other crew members have been killed before even stepping on foot on the island. This is a massive problem when you have other pistol skeletons spawn alongside them, many at time my entire crew has been killed before getting close the skeletons. Plus the accuracy of the sniper skeletons is ridiculous, so many times i have been in the devils roar and i have been launched in the air by a geyser and I have been shot and killed mid air by the snipers. I don't agree that they need to be removed from game as they are a good challenge when done correctly, but there needs to be something done about how many can spawn at one time especially with other gun skeletons, and the accuracy needs to nerfed.

Please Rare Fix your skeletons.

Views
    xbox one
  • To move through skeletons:
    Hold block (with sword) while moving in any direction, then jump. It works on Pirates too! ✌😉

• @barroff-gaming a dit dans Please fix the skeletons!! :

Plus the accuracy of the sniper skeletons is ridiculous, so many times i have been in the devils roar and i have been launched in the air by a geyser and I have been shot and killed mid air by the snipers. I don't agree that they need to be removed from game as they are a good challenge when done correctly, but there needs to be something done about how many can spawn at one time especially with other gun skeletons, and the accuracy needs to nerfed.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    Really, absolutely no idea :)

• @barroff-gaming funnily enough, there was already a conversation running about this: https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/93381/skeletons.

Might be worth going in there and having a chat matey.

• I personally don't find the game too hard.

• Asking for a fix would mean it is broken.
    I don't feel that the skeletons are broken. They can be improved but I don't think your suggestions would make skeletons more fun to fight, Just easier.

The only thing I can agree on is that Gunpowder Barrel skeletons are spawning a bit too often and are forcing me to swap my blunderbuss with a pistol or eye of reach to fight them. (while I love my blunderbuss for golden Skeletons)

• @dislex-fx I wouldnt say that the game is hard, it's more a case of frustration and annoying mechanics that would could do with changing

• @hynieth agreed I wouldn't say the skeletons are broken as such, there are just certain mechanics that could do with some changes.
    Yes in some respects these changes will make things easier, but if done correctly there will still be plenty challenge for the player. The last thing I want to see is skeletons become to easy, yet the level of frustration caused with these issues I've outlined is effecting the fun of the game and the general experience.
    To many times I've come out of a game feeling drain and disheartened by the experience, and the other friends and members of the gaming community I'm in share the same feelings.

• @barroff-gaming said in Please fix the skeletons!!:

First of all you have made it so that skeletons can walk through the player, but the player can not do the same. This ends up with the player being surrounded by skeletons and not being able to move. either make it so the player can do the same or stop the skeletons from walk through the player.

Do they actually do this though? I never noticed, nor felt like there was an issue with this...

Secondly, skeletons don't receive a penalty when being hit with a sword by a player. When a player is hit the combo is reset, many times me and other crew members have been hitting skeletons with our swords and the skeletons are able to pull of a three hit combo. Skeletons should receive the same penalty as players.

The thing about PvE/AI threats is that they should have certain buffs just to make them actually challenging, especially in a game like this where the AI is so simplistic. A real player with a mouse/keyboard/controller will always be able to pull off nuanced combat responses that AI will never be able to perform/think through without a human brain, so again, I don't really see an issue.

Thirdly, when doing an Athena voyage the constant spawning of random gunpowder skeletons is over the top. I understand that Athenas are meant to be difficult being end game voyages, but having one spawn (and in some cases 3-4) every time the randoms skeletons spawn is to much. at least reduce the frequency at which they can spawn.

I've been seeing more gunpowder skellies recently on any given voyage. I don't know what it is, but I just shoot them and go on with my day. Maybe there's too many, I don't know.

Last and by no means least, this has to be the most complained about feature sniper skeleton.

Yeah, they're annoying but I cope.

The number of sniper skeletons that can spawn at one time and along side other gun skeletons is to much. Having more than one sniper skeleton spawn at one time is beyond a joke, many a time me and other crew members have been killed before even stepping on foot on the island. This is a massive problem when you have other pistol skeletons spawn alongside them, many at time my entire crew has been killed before getting close the skeletons. Plus the accuracy of the sniper skeletons is ridiculous, so many times i have been in the devils roar and i have been launched in the air by a geyser and I have been shot and killed mid air by the snipers. I don't agree that they need to be removed from game as they are a good challenge when done correctly, but there needs to be something done about how many can spawn at one time especially with other gun skeletons, and the accuracy needs to nerfed.

I've always thought that gun skeletons needed to be revisited when it comes to OoS voyages/skeleton forts. It is one thing for something to be challenging but with the accuracy of gun skeletons and the amount of gun skellies that sometimes spawn it can be a bit disheartening when you come back from the Ferry of the Damned only to get immediately gunned down from every direction.

I usually try to pick off the gun skeletons first so that they aren't as much of a problem and/or use other skeletons as shields from gunfire. With some proper maneuvering you can survive for quite a while amidst even the nastiest horde of gun skellies.

I don't know if I'd put it this way. I mean, aside from maybe revisiting the quantity of gun skellies that spawn in late-game OoS voyages, I don't really see any issues.

The PvE in this game is generally super easy if I'm being honest.

• @chronodusk said in Please fix the skeletons!!:

@barroff-gaming said in Please fix the skeletons!!:

First of all you have made it so that skeletons can walk through the player, but the player can not do the same. This ends up with the player being surrounded by skeletons and not being able to move. either make it so the player can do the same or stop the skeletons from walk through the player.

Do they actually do this though? I never noticed, nor felt like there was an issue with this...

This happens on Xbox I don't know about PC as everybody I play with are on Xbox as well. Its very noticeable when doing a skull fort, when I take on a skull fort with another we will stand in the door way of the main structure so not to be swarmed and overwhelmed. When i do a skull fort solo, I train the skeletons to the top of the structure to the narrow path ways again so not to be swarmed, but since the anniversary update the skeletons can walk through the player ending up with player being surrounded and trapped.

The thing about PvE/AI threats is that they should have certain buffs just to make them actually challenging, especially in a game like this where the AI is so simplistic. A real player with a mouse/keyboard/controller will always be able to pull off nuanced combat responses that AI will never be able to perform/think through without a human brain, so again, I don't really see an issue.

Agreed AI is stupid when compared to players when it comes to combat, but the issue here is the skeleton are treated like a swarm enemy and yes a group of skeletons that can pull of three hit combos while you and your crew hitting them at lower level skeletons isn't to much of an issues, the higher level skeletons end up feeling like an up hill struggle

I've been seeing more gunpowder skellies recently on any given voyage. I don't know what it is, but I just shoot them and go on with my day. Maybe there's too many, I don't know.

In general voyages or just sailing around without a voyage placed, the spawn rate of gunpowder skeletons aren't an issue. Its in Athena where this becomes the problem, Its seems to be that every random wave of skeletons that spawns (in Athenas theses random waves spawn in at a much faster rate than normal) have at least one gunpowder skeleton and in some cases up to 4 at a time.

Yeah, they're annoying but I cope.

I've always thought that gun skeletons needed to be revisited when it comes to OoS voyages/skeleton forts. It is one thing for something to be challenging but with the accuracy of gun skeletons and the amount of gun skellies that sometimes spawn it can be a bit disheartening when you come back from the Ferry of the Damned only to get immediately gunned down from every direction.

I usually try to pick off the gun skeletons first so that they aren't as much of a problem and/or use other skeletons as shields from gunfire. With some proper maneuvering you can survive for quite a while amidst even the nastiest horde of gun skellies.

Couldn't agree more, we try to do the same by taking out the gun skeletons first, but as you mentioned it gets very disheartening very fast when you return from the ferry of the damned and killed before stepping foot on the island. I mean there has been a couple of times I've been killed in seconds by sniper while I'm still on the ship.

I don't know if I'd put it this way. I mean, aside from maybe revisiting the quantity of gun skellies that spawn in late-game OoS voyages, I don't really see any issues.

The PvE in this game is generally super easy if I'm being honest.

Agreed 'fix' probably was a poor choice of words

• They should make skeletons double gun and jump none stop while in combat.

Views
xbox one
1 out of 11