Teaming in Arena (sry for my bad english)

• first of all, since english is not my first language, my grammar would be terribly bad.

The story begin from last week, i find that so many friends in my friendlist are achieved Legendary Sea Dog achievement.
    but some people of them don't even play arena so that much, so i started to investigate why this will happening.

I find that they are using "closed crew" to get Legendary Sea Dog so fast.
    Simply they find 5-7 players and hit "closed crew" at the same time, and then the magical things happened, they all get in the same server.
    There is only 5 ships and 5 players, after that 3 of them back to main menu and join the another crew. and then u got two teams which is 4mens-crew and 1men-crew.
    Now all you need is let 1men-crew team leave the game and 4mens-crew won the arena immediately.

This is the most disgusting thing i ever seen, i have met these players when i playing arena, this is completely unplayable.
    Can you imagine the feel when four ships(sixteen players) hunting you down complicity and keep killing you from respawn?
    I felt everyday.

I really really hope Rare can permanently BAN those players xbox account, every unusual match are only 4-5mins, i think this is easy to track players doing this.

Please Rare, Please...

Views
  • @choly1122 said in Teaming in Arena (sry for my bad english):

first of all, since english is not my first language, my grammar would be terribly bad.

The story begin from last week, i find that so many friends in my friendlist are achieved Legendary Sea Dog achievement.
    but some people of them don't even play arena so that much, so i started to investigate why this will happening.

I find that they are using "closed crew" to get Legendary Sea Dog so fast.
    Simply they find 5-7 players and hit "closed crew" at the same time, and then the magical things happened, they all get in the same server.
    There is only 5 ships and 5 players, after that 3 of them back to main menu and join the another crew. and then u got two teams which is 4mens-crew and 1men-crew.
    Now all you need is let 1men-crew team leave the game and 4mens-crew won the arena immediately.

This is the most disgusting thing i ever seen, i have met these players when i playing arena, this is completely unplayable.
    Can you imagine the feel when four ships(sixteen players) hunting you down complicity and keep killing you from respawn?
    I felt everyday.

I really really hope Rare can permanently BAN those players xbox account, every unusual match are only 4-5mins, i think this is easy to track players doing this.

Please Rare, Please...

hm, nobody care about this bug in this game?

• @choly1122
    Definitely an exploit that shouldn't be allowed.

The easiest way to stop it would be to get rid of the "Closed Crew" option for Arena.

• @little-squash said in Teaming in Arena (sry for my bad english):

@choly1122
    Definitely an exploit that shouldn't be allowed.

The easiest way to stop it would be to get rid of the "Closed Crew" option for Arena.

thats a great suggest, Rare should read this post seriously, also i hope these toxic players get permanently ban too.

• @choly1122 getting rid of closed crew for arena is a good idea? Do you know how often crews would quit because they're with idiots?

• @jdge439
    I wonder how often crews are purposely playing with only 2 or 3 players on a "Closed Crew" to avoid this?

Is that a good thing for Arena mode?

• @little-squash Yes, it is. Wouldn't be playing Arena without it. If I wanted a crewmate who refuses to coordinate his actions with our plan and then starts to drop anchor because we wouldn't let him steer the ship, I'd ask.

• @jdge439 said in Teaming in Arena (sry for my bad english):

@choly1122 getting rid of closed crew for arena is a good idea? Do you know how often crews would quit because they're with idiots?

but the biggest problem is there any better idea to fix the problem that i told? i mean they are destroying Arena.

• @l4chsfps
    Maybe it would be better to allow you to choose a brigantine if you only have 3 players? Rather than playing a galleon short-handed.

Also, I said it was the "easiest" way to deal with the problem that was presented. I don't know if it would be the best way to deal with it. Maybe you have a better way to deal with it?

I do think that playing solo "Closed Crew" on a galleon in Arena should NOT be a thing.

• Perhaps a limit that gives you an error message if you try to start solo "Closed Crew" in Arena stating that you don't have enough players to begin matchmaking.
  • @little-squash Thought about that as well, but we just don't really like the brigantine. Even in adventure mode we always choose the galleon because it fits our style of playing.
    Can understand ppl asking for different types of ships in the arena tho.

• @little-squash

I wonder how often crews are purposely playing with only 2 or 3 players on a "Closed Crew" to avoid this?

Is that a good thing for Arena mode?

I'm not seeing an issue with going to Arena with one less person. This would be a decision decided by the crew to go short handed rather than carry an unwanted person. As long as they are fine playing short handed, and don't complain about being short handed, its will only effect them.

Maybe it would be better to allow you to choose a brigantine if you only have 3 players? Rather than playing a galleon short-handed.

My only concern is when it comes to balancing due to boat differences. I'm fine with having different ship types in arena, as long as every boat is the same. Like all galleons or all brigantines etc.

• @theunionjames Your post has been edited as it goes against the Forum Rules and Pirate Code.

Derogatory Language

Name calling, personal attacks and using derogatory language against Community Members, Rare Employees, Global Moderators or Deckhands is not acceptable. Using such language will result in a warning, then temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action is persistent or increasingly aggressive, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Please read and abide by the Forum Rules and Pirate Code in future.

Thank you.

• This could have been avoided all they had to do was removed closed crews like others are mentioning too. Make it like game was at release where is you wanted join with your crew you need to be in the menu queue together before setting sail... this would make these PvE Arena lockdown servers be very very hard to acquire... but they don’t seem to care that these exploits happen and again a title and achievement that could have stood for skill now is soiled just like all the other titles in this game.

• A Match Making System would certainly help avoid any bad players in a forced Open crew arena... but there is also many many many ways to find decent 4ths with mics that are better than forced randoms

• before RARE trying to fix anything, first please RARE BAN those player permanently.
    I loved this game so I don't want those toxic **** destroying this game, there is more and more peoples are using this bug. as @TheUnionJames said, Broken Window Effect

• When your on a pc and can check server IP address all join the same server and then the magic happens just another reason we need opt out

• @itskingbertie said in Teaming in Arena (sry for my bad english):

When your on a pc and can check server IP address all join the same server and then the magic happens just another reason we need opt out

OMG I just fell out of my chair laughing.
    Seriously matey, I see a lot of your posts and the nonsense you try to spread.
    If you don't know what you're talking aboutplease fot the love of your own credibility don't respond.

When your on a pc and can check server IP address all join the same server and then the magic happens just another reason we need opt out

You've clearly no idea what your are talking about.

• @crimsonraziel said in Teaming in Arena (sry for my bad english):

@itskingbertie said in Teaming in Arena (sry for my bad english):

You've clearly no idea what your are talking about

Okay keep pretending Pc doesn’t have all thee tools that NOONE USES :)

@crimsonraziel said in Teaming in Arena (sry for my bad english):

You've clearly no idea what your are talking about

Okay keep pretending Pc doesn’t have all thee tools that NOONE USES :)

Strawman, I've said nothing like that.

• @hynieth said in Teaming in Arena (sry for my bad english):

OMG I just fell out of my chair laughing.
    Seriously matey, I see a lot of your posts and the nonsense you try to spread.
    If you don't know what you're talking aboutplease fot the love of your own credibility don't respond.

I hope you didn’t hurt yourself! Gunna need that head to keep my nonsense away and the noobs close ;)

• @little-squash oh hell no, they should just not automatically merge those people together in one lobby.

Getting rid of closed crews does the following:

People cannit use LFG or (the official sot) discord to get good crews on one ship reliably and even if they can then if one gets hazelnut bearded or crashes to desktop/dashboard they run the risk of getting a random or afk player in their team.

• @itskingbertie yes pc players can use applications to see to which ip they are connecting, but that still limits them to server hopping untill they hit the same server.

There is no way to select a server ip address in sea of thieves and there has never been one.

Xbox users can do the same by server hopping, they just cant see if they are in the same game before they are actually in the game

• Well arena is like a battle royal in a form so if they take the same approach as other games it should result in a ban

• @callmebackdraft
    Like I said above, perhaps a better solution for this issue would be to set a required minimum for closed crews (in Arena only). If you don't have at least 2 players in a closed crew, you can't start matchmaking.

Something else that might help is for each crew to be put in a new lobby at the end of each match. This would make it impossible to set up lobbies of crews just farming the commendations.

• I don't understand why people would do this.
    Content drops on the game are few and far between.
    Why be in such a rush to cheat the system and gain it all, and have nothing left to play for?

Leave them to it i say!

They are the ones who will suffer the endless months of nothing to obtain sailing there afterwards.
    Whilst the rest of us can still have meaning to each match we partake in.

• @callmebackdraft said in Teaming in Arena (sry for my bad english):

@itskingbertie yes pc players can use applications to see to which ip they are connecting, but that still limits them to server hopping untill they hit the same server.

There is no way to select a server ip address in sea of thieves and there has never been one.

Xbox users can do the same by server hopping, they just cant see if they are in the same game before they are actually in the game

Server hopping is a lot more time consuming when I have to wait for the Xbox load times to find your not in the right server compared to PC where before u even joined u know if its right or not and can act accordingly meaning it’s smooth and isn’t a deterrent, meaning for the sake of 10-15 mins u can find the lobby u set up compared to XBOX where it takes me 10 mins before I’m fully into a lobby.

• @needsmokes said in Teaming in Arena (sry for my bad english):

I don't understand why people would do this.
    Content drops on the game are few and far between.
    Why be in such a rush to cheat the system and gain it all, and have nothing left to play for?

Leave them to it i say!

They are the ones who will suffer the endless months of nothing to obtain sailing there afterwards.
    Whilst the rest of us can still have meaning to each match we partake in.

The problem is, even with commendations to do, that is the game sailing without a goal and seeing what the world gives u, a easy target a fight with the kraken or whatever but having achieved PL weapon cosmetics they arnt gunna be any less contentless especially is they have done the TTS and have most of the commendation from original trading companies so form them it’s the sake of being “top 1000” players to earn this or that!

Having nothing to do is a problem they have most probably already dealt with months ago and are fine with player hunting or letting the session dictate what they get up to.

• @itskingbertie it is still time consuming, the connection to the server is made at the time of clicking “set sail” if you want to stop that process you have to alt-f4 out of sot and relaunch the game.

It might be more timeconsuming on xbox but not by a lot.

• @callmebackdraft said in Teaming in Arena (sry for my bad english):

@itskingbertie it is still time consuming, the connection to the server is made at the time of clicking “set sail” if you want to stop that process you have to alt-f4 out of sot and relaunch the game.

It might be more timeconsuming on xbox but not by a lot.

Well I’m XBOX so I just never had access to these tools and feel like opt out is very much needed

• I honestly don't mind if people do this. It is just like all the players who do speed-runs or massive alliances, etc... If they want to do this to simply achieve a status that wasn't really earned then the real joke is actually on them.

• @itskingbertie you never had access to dropping out of the game to load a new server ?? and even on xbox you can do this with phone apps, you router, or the same apps on pc since you would be able to see the connections being made there.

Also it is such a small subsection of the playerbase doing stuff like this (pc playerbase is +/- a third, of which an even smaller percentage will have the knowhow and or patience to do stuff like this) that its not as big of an issue as people make it out to be.

@ItsKingBertie i whilst i am not against the opt out on the contrary actually.
    However i just know (from actual gameplay on both sides of the coin) that the PERCEIVED advantages (not saying there are none) or PERCEIVED abusive ‘tools’ (like hacks and or network sniffers which this topic hits on) being used by pc players only will be alot different than the ACTUAL facts.

There is videos of xbox players hacking or forcing themselves into peoples servers, so the tools exist for both, however the tools existing does not mean every xbox player or pc user uses them

• @blatantwalk4260 said in Teaming in Arena (sry for my bad english):

Well arena is like a battle royal in a form so if they take the same approach as other games it should result in a ban

this is the main point, on the other game, Teaming in battle royal gamemode must be deserved a ban. i hope RARE can see that point.

• @acebead40319154 they won't achieve it anyways they'll take almost a year to get their 240 wins even by teaming lol

wow.

Views
1 out of 42