Sea of Thieves won't turn on.

• So for a while now my copy of Sea of Thieves doesn't go further than show the splash screen, turn black and then shut itself off. I've tried ALL the solutions within https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115015775927-Sea-of-Thieves-not-Launching, even going as far as having two fresh instals of Windows 10 (even without anything but updates and SoT downloaded), yet this problem persists.

I've had a similar issue with another game where a security update was messing with the game although such a solution is unknown. A friend of mine told me it might be other software but that is also yet to be solved.
    At this moment I'm unsure what to do and I'm very close of giving up entirely and it's something I'd really not want as it's one of my few casual games I can share with my friends.

Please help!
    -King Leman Russ

Views
  • I did the same thing, tried all the methods and everything.
    After wiping disks and new installs I thought this will work, but I feel kinda ripped off right now....

• @King-Leman-Russ @kneusteun

The one fix that the support site does not explicitly say for some reason is that your Windows login account should be linked to your Microsoft account. If you're not sure if you have this set up, follow these steps:

1. Press the 'Start' key
    2. Type "Manage your account" and click the best match with the same name.
    3. On the window that pops up, you should see your account info - if you see a link titled "Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead" you need to click this and login with the account that has Sea of Thieves associated with it.

While the support site says you need a local admin account, and that you should not be logged into the store with multiple accounts in addition to your microsoft account, it doesn't say that you should be logged into windows with your microsoft account which usually fixes the authentication error that causes the splash screen crash.

• @d3adst1ck Didn't work either. I'm already logged in to the MS account I got this game bought on, tried what you said and got the response "you're already logged in with this account".
    Tried booting up SoT, same thing. Splash into black into turning off.

Views
1 out of 4