Cargo Runs: "Deliver to Shopkeeper at"

• Hello,

James Thomas/JT/BIGsheep here, engineer on Sea of Thieves with a quick note about cargo runs.

Deliver to Shopkeeper at

I've been chasing up a bug whereby a crate will carry a delivery note saying "Deliver to Shopkeeper at", or similar. Not very helpful, I know. Well, it turns out that the NPCs around the Sea Dogs' Tavern at the center of the world (K12) aren't quite setup correctly, not least that their landmass has no intelligible name that they'd like to pass on.

If you get any of the following, try delivering them to the NPCs at K12.

• Deliver to Shopkeeper at
    • Deliver to The Sea Dogs at
    • Deliver to Shipwright at

Also, if you're asked to "The Order Of Souls at The North Star Seapost", they mean "Sudds at The North Star Seapost". A delve into Sudds' dark past or a simple typo? I'll let you decide.

Views
  • @bigsheep ooooh you intrigue me with that unintelligable name, lets theorise on what it would be (apart from a code designation from the source code of course :-p)

• @bigsheep My nomination for landmass name is: "Bloodhound Rock", named after the dog breed.

• @BIGsheep can we expect the Sea Dog's location name on the map any time soon?

• @bigsheep said in Cargo Runs: "Deliver to Shopkeeper at":

[...]
    not least that their landmass has no intelligible name that they'd like to pass on.
    [...]

A couple people have been calling it Halfway Point since the Technical Alpha, due to the nature of it being pointy and being halfway between anything on the map (it being in the centre and all).

I heard it was called Arches Rock by some Rare Folk before, but i think that would be more fitting for the rock formation southwest of Halfway Point since it looks more like an actual arch. 😐

• @lt-swag-johnson said in Cargo Runs: "Deliver to Shopkeeper at":

@BIGsheep can we expect the Sea Dog's location name on the map any time soon?

That's not my call, sorry. Though it would have helped me track down exactly which square it was on the map without having to pester our embedded tester to sail there for me.

@thor-von-blitz said in Cargo Runs: "Deliver to Shopkeeper at":

I heard it was called Arches Rock by some Rare Folk before, but i think that would be more fitting for the rock formation southwest of Halfway Point since it looks more like an actual arch. 😐

Yeah, Arches was always my term for it during those early E3/Gamescom demos. "See those Arches, crew? Head there for ye battle! Arrrrr!" I was in full character back then.

• @bigsheep said in Cargo Runs: "Deliver to Shopkeeper at":

That's not my call, sorry. Though it would have helped me track down exactly which square it was on the map without having to pester our embedded tester to sail there for me.

Thanks for the answer, @bigsheep! I was hoping that the Sea Dog's location would become more important and integrated into the Adventure Mode. Pointing it out on the map would mean humble beginnings.

Views
1 out of 7