Old Harry’s place

• In the Tall Tale №4 "Stars of a Thief" while looking for Sudds's journals I've found a clue about "Old Harry’s place". I searched hight and low, but couldn't figure it out. So I gave up, googled it. Turns out it's on Devil's Ridge. How does it tie with "Old Harry’s place"? How am I suppoused to figure it out? I'm really curious.

Views
  • I have been wondering the same thing.
    When I read the clue (from Sudds's journal on Snake Island), I was mistakenly thinking there was a Cargo NPC named Henry - and, for some unknown reason, I was thinking he may be on Devil's Ridge, lol. When I discovered that wasn't the case, I was trying to reverse engineer the answer as to why Devil's Ridge WAS the correct island anyway.

I was hoping someone would have the reason posted here or elsewhere online.
    Why/How is Devil's Ridge "Old Harry's place"?

• @bootsmann48, @PDT-Mindstream Old Harry is a humorous name for the devil.

Edit: Necro, and I didn't notice … shame on me!
    Thread Necromancer

• @crimsonraziel and not a very common one these days, let one in places where English isn't the native language. Reminds me of when my crew and I spend 2 hours searching for a dig spot in art of a trickster. Clue said "deck and helm where I once stood," so we were lookimg around the stern of a wrecked ship on the island. Turned out it had nothing to donwith the wreck, it was just a couple pieces of driftwood they wanted you to find. Awful clue writing.

• @william-flint I guess that's a matter of opinion. I found it to be pretty easy once I learned to read the map correctly. The options are very limited once you stand on the right spot.

• @crimsonraziel
    Waw , Thanks Mr Crimsonraziel....i mean for explaining that Old Harry means the Devil.i'm a foreigner and allthough i understand English , it's these kind of small details that i always miss...a week ago i did the same Tall tale , and was playing for 6 and a half hour. i finished the Tall Tale but tried to find all Books , i too got stuck in the search of the fourth book that told about " Old Harry" , because i thought the book meant Harry , the Gold Hoarder from Plunder Outpost , i have seen every inch from the island and didn't found anything off course...

So , really ,really thank you for explaining that " Old Harry" means Devil...You have no idea how much motivation has come back to go and search that book...That's why i like this Forum so much...You can find answers in places where you wouldn't expect them , thanks you made my day!

Views
1 out of 6