Ideas how to finally put an end to problems with Gold Hoarder Curse

• Allright, so right now every one on this forum is most likely aware of the problems with Gold Hoarder Curse; at first some people weren't satisfied with amount of gold on thier body and wanted some change and now great many of us are disappointed, me included, by the fact that the previous uniqueness of this particular cosmetic was totally stripped from it by making it the same for everyone. And it's a great shame that so many variant's of Gold Hoarder Corruption was whisked away, really.

Thus, I wish to propose some ideas how to solve this issue.

1. Most dull and easy possible solution nr.1: Make the different variants of the curse to be randomly picked every time the player equips the curse. The uniqueness of the curse is still present, the player have freedom of hoice and can pick the variant that suits thier character. Everyone's happy.

2. Most dull and easy possible solution nr.2 : Place every variant of the curse in vanity chest. Yes it would create a GIANT mess, I know this but it's a solution nontheless- the variety and uniqueness is restored.

3. "The Spreading Corruption": Tie the Gold Hoarder Curse variants to the Gold Hoarders Commendations and Reputation Levels. I mean why not? According to the lore of the game this curse is the result of ever growing greed. Wouldn't it make sense that along with leveling the G.H. the player would catch thier curse along the way? Make them appear with the equiped title. There's a 13 variations of the curse: tie 3 of them to level titles beginning with level 40 when player character is pretty far gone in this gold hoarding buisiness and is prone to the curse lore-wise, tie 9 variants to commendations centerd around selling particular types of treasures and "Keeper of Glittering Horde" Commendation, and lastly tie that big ol' stain of gold that everyone is sportin' right now to defeating the Gold Hoarder himself BUT MAKE IT APPEAR AFTER ALL OTHERS VARIANTS OF THE CURSE ARE ALREDY ACQUIRED. I mean it would make sense; if you defeat the greediest sunnova around then ya can take his place.

4. Tie the size of gold stain to the amount of player's gold. The more gold the bigger the stain.

So here's my thoughts.
    If Ya have some ideas on fixing this problem then please share it.

Cheers!

Views
  • I just want back what was given to me.
    And not this ugly, generous standard thing!!!

For my recognition most players loved what they got and were satisfied and only a few were disappointed.

Even if it was not intended, the "surf" lunge was also not intended and kept, they mustn't change it because they already gave it to us and it's the worst thing to give people something they really liked and then take it away and replace it with something bad.
    And the unique curses are by far the most loved cosmetic you could get until, because of it's individual uniqueness, but then take it away and replace it with something realy disappointing.

2 persons in my other thread are happy they have the standard curse over their individual one.

2! In the whole Forums!!!
    And both agree that this solution wasn't good.

They could have given the standard to all who were disappointed or could have it an endless reroll.

They should work on this now and undo what they have done with their generalization.

I dont care anymore for that curse, it's completely messed up for me.
    That's a big, black cloud on the horizon now for me and if they dont do anything i will always remember a sour taste about that decision Rare made.
    Not that i cannot swallow this bitter pill, but i will not forget how i was treated in this case and why i was treated so.

Fear my VENGEANCE if you wear this curse.
    The real curse you have now is

Bugaboo Bills
    Bild Text

• I really liked how unique the curse was for each pirate. I hope this issue can be fixed one way or another. To me, the solution of randomizing the curse seems like the best and most realistic solution.

• @ardent-hallern said in Ideas how to finally put an end to problems with Gold Hoarder Curse:

Allright, so right now every one on this forum is most likely aware of the problems with Gold Hoarder Curse; at first some people weren't satisfied with amount of gold on thier body and wanted some change and now great many of us are disappointed, me included, by the fact that the previous uniqueness of this particular cosmetic was totally stripped from it by making it the same for everyone. And it's a great shame that so many variant's of Gold Hoarder Corruption was whisked away, really.

Thus, I wish to propose some ideas how to solve this issue.

1. Most dull and easy possible solution nr.1: Make the different variants of the curse to be randomly picked every time the player equips the curse. The uniqueness of the curse is still present, the player have freedom of hoice and can pick the variant that suits thier character. Everyone's happy.

2. Most dull and easy possible solution nr.2 : Place every variant of the curse in vanity chest. Yes it would create a GIANT mess, I know this but it's a solution nontheless- the variety and uniqueness is restored.

3. "The Spreading Corruption": Tie the Gold Hoarder Curse variants to the Gold Hoarders Commendations and Reputation Levels. I mean why not? According to the lore of the game this curse is the result of ever growing greed. Wouldn't it make sense that along with leveling the G.H. the player would catch thier curse along the way? Make them appear with the equiped title. There's a 13 variations of the curse: tie 3 of them to level titles beginning with level 40 when player character is pretty far gone in this gold hoarding buisiness and is prone to the curse lore-wise, tie 9 variants to commendations centerd around selling particular types of treasures and "Keeper of Glittering Horde" Commendation, and lastly tie that big ol' stain of gold that everyone is sportin' right now to defeating the Gold Hoarder himself BUT MAKE IT APPEAR AFTER ALL OTHERS VARIANTS OF THE CURSE ARE ALREDY ACQUIRED. I mean it would make sense; if you defeat the greediest sunnova around then ya can take his place.

4. Tie the size of gold stain to the amount of player's gold. The more gold the bigger the stain.

So here's my thoughts.
    If Ya have some ideas on fixing this problem then please share it.

Cheers!

I am supporting this purely because this post provides actionable feedback, and i think that kind of feedback should be encouraged, and also because i agree with number 4!

All the yes! xD

• @capt-seashantey said in Ideas how to finally put an end to problems with Gold Hoarder Curse:

I really liked how unique the curse was for each pirate. I hope this issue can be fixed one way or another. To me, the solution of randomizing the curse seems like the best and most realistic solution.

Imho, the quickest, and most reasonable fix for this is to create a curse-pattern generator, similar to the random pirate generator when you make your first pirate.

This curse-pattern generator would determine the pattern of ALL "Corruption that spreads"-style curses, which will no doubt include future curses as well as the gold curse.

You will be able to preview, and temporarily favourite several curse patterns at a time, and eventually select the one you like the most... And upon selecting that one, you are stuck with that pattern, the same way you are stuck with your pirate.

This maintains individuality of the curses, and allows everyone to be happy with the curse they got. Erbody wins, even Rare as now, designing future curses is a whole lot easier for them.

Views
1 out of 5