Tall tales fate of the morningstar bug

• ~Spoiler alert~
    I'm having an issue during the fate of the morningstar. when i start the tale i have to go acquire a lantern and when I get there the dialogue pops up to pick it up appears but it won't allow me to actually pick it up. I can still pick up other items, just not the lantern. also, the sarcophagus is sideways. It does this on both of the islands where it can be found and i've tried 5 times now. please fix this so i can complete it!

Views
  • Yes, this is a known issue. I saw a topic yesterday with the same issue. @Musicmee stated that the developers are looking into it. I wonder if we will see an official statement and a fix very soon.

• Same here. Tried 2 times yesterday. Kind of ruin the so awaited Tale night for us.
    Does it always happen? Or is it bad luck? Are we stuck on this one until there is a fix?

Hard to believe they actually broke one the new main feature only 1 month after release.

• @pad3 said in Tall tales fate of the morningstar bug:

Same here. Tried 2 times yesterday. Kind of ruin the so awaited Tale night for us.
    Does it always happen? Or is it bad luck? Are we stuck on this one until there is a fix?

Hard to believe they actually broke one the new main feature only 1 month after release.

It always happens. I guess the only thing we can do right now is waiting for an official statement.

• @lt-swag-johnson Having the same issue

• I've seen them acknowledge it on twitter, just saying they're looking into it.
    I was really hoping they'd have this fixed before the weekend.
    This is a pretty big problem for those trying to do the tall tales. :/

• Oh, they just made an annoucement about it:

Working on it over the weekend and won't be patched/fixed until next week. :/

• @pdt-mindstream I'm kind of glad they're not doing it over the weekend, as my computer takes a whole day to update Sea of Thieves, no matter how small the update, I can understand the trouble this causes to people who have yet to do #7, but better late than never, besides, they'll likely need the time to do some final bug testing as well as check other things, it's unfortunate, because I was hoping to get my curse by the end of the weekend, but the crew at Rare is only human.

• @edgy-sniper-018
    Haha, of course. I didn't mean to sound too negative about it. I feel badly for those who haven't done it yet, who may have been working through the tales and will have to wait before they can continue.
    Of course bugs happen, but it's just a shame this one slipped through.

I said on twitter though, "It's a disappointing bug, but imagine how devastating it is for the crew of the Morningstar!". :D

Views
1 out of 9