Riddle without answers

• I just need to rant about this. I was doing the "Stars of a thief" Tall Tale and was in the final part where you need to turn the pillars to answer the riddles to get the reward.
    Well! My riddle was
    "The old woman way angry, her friend made and eternal oath, to protect those who row by hand"
    and
    "Without toughing the ground he watched from up high, (Some other stuff I don't remember) eternal warrior."
    So! I looked up a guide that told me the answer was "Kraken, Unending Flame, Proud Eagle, and Eternal warrior."
    I thought "Okay, why not. I'll try it!" But only for 1: the guide was wrong and 2: Two of the pillars had nothing on it that related to the second riddle. To no one's surprise the answer I was given failed.
    In an attempt to salvage the scenario I was in I attempted to solve the riddle myself without the guide (Which was already wrong on 3 other occasions so I wasn't surprised) And tried to do Kraken and Mermaid for the first set of pillars but nothing on any of the second pillars made sense with the riddle that was given to me. The first pillar has nothing relating to an eagle, one sun and 3 water related icons, and the second pillar had nothing related to an eternal warrior. Unable to actually solve the riddle due to both the faulty guide and the pillars not making sense I failed.

That is not the part that angers me. What gets my goat is that apparently failing the riddle trap erases all your progress on the quest and makes you start over from the beginning. Some vile creature though up the idea that "Yeah, we're going to have them sail around the world randomly, wasting upward to an hour for every tall tale, then erase everything if they fail once. No profit, no commendations, nothing."
    While typing this it occurred to me that I need to relate key words of the riddle to the constellations in the book but again, that is not what angers me about this whole scenario.

With that, I end my rant. I just wanted to complain in a way about it.

Views
  • @fabled-ursine it seems you were not as lucky as me, who completed the entire vault underwater without any help from my galleon because we had no idea what to do! they should make it a bit clearer or allow you to get a hint after a certain period of time, or allow you to exit the vault and lose all vault progress.

• @fabled-ursine @James8bit the first time we did this was also confusing...but we figured it out...look at the descriptions of the starsigns in the book, there are always 3 descriptions for each sign...the riddle text is made out of these descriptions...
    You get the riddles before you start the vault, so figure it out first and then start the vault...isn't a problem at all once you know how it works

Views
2 out of 3