A quick tip on tall tale 9 (SPOILERS AHEAD)

• Ahoy there ya scurvy dogs,

Yesterday me and my crew set out to kill the goldhoarder a total of 4 times (in order to complete the tale in full)

And we have come accross some nice things that can speed up your voyage significantly.

Once you arrive at the shores of gold you have to clear the puzzles in 4 vaults, the answer to these riddles is the same each and every time for each vault, so take a not of them to speed up your voyage.

Then its is also possible to hoard up on the medallions you get from each vault, you can do each vault in quick succession like this:

• go to vault and start riddle
    • insert answer and complete riddle
    • pickup medallion and exit the vault
    • drop medallion on the ground and walk back into the vault
    • repeat

Before you know it you have 3 or 4 of each medallion, bring one to the compass vault and the rest to your ship

Do this for every vault and after you killed the goldhoarder you can just sail back to morrows peak, vote on the voyage (or on galleon shoot 3 peeps of to vote on the voyage and keep sailing) and go straight back to the island and take on of each medallion to the compass vault, aquire goldhoarder coin and do just the trap and killing part of the voyage.

Speeds up the voyage significantly.

Views
  • @callmebackdraft
    Thank you for this. This was/is a great quest, but I wasn't looking forward to doing it 4 more times.

This seems like a small way to speed up the process.
    You're still sailing/voting on the voyage..still completing the puzzles, but this looks like it should speed things up.

Now, if only it didn't take 30 minutes to kill the GH with 3 ore more people..

• @iisrgntwolfii the first time you go there it will take a bit more time (since you have to do the vaults multiple times but all that time and then some is gained back by being able to go straight back into the dungeon.

Also we havent tried if we could just hoard the coins of the gold horder (the one you get from the compass vault) this would add an even faster way of doing it all.

• An other speedup tip, as soon as 1 person engages the goldhoarder, the rest of the crew can just die in traps asap. They will respawn in the Throneroom

• @callmebackdraft it's faster when you, instead of getting the coins 4-5 times, just get them 1 time-kill the goldhoarder and then 3 of you sail back to morrows peak while one is getting the coins and key again...by the time the crew is back at tribute peak, the 1 guy has the key...

• That is even more clever than my crew thought we were last night. We had one guy stand behind on the island while the rest of us went back to turn in the skull and restart the tale. So when we activated the tale, he started doing the puzzles while we sailed back.

• If you want to avoid to sail back an forth between the outpost an shores of gold.
    you can stash one player at morrows peak outpost, if legend just stay in the hideout.
    Then when you need to vote for the voyage/tall tale again, the 3 guys on the shores of gold log out, he vote, an the 3 guys log in again.

• @starerik sagte in A quick tip on tall tale 9 (SPOILERS AHEAD):

That is even more clever than my crew thought we were last night. We had one guy stand behind on the island while the rest of us went back to turn in the skull and restart the tale. So when we activated the tale, he started doing the puzzles while we sailed back.

You don't need to start the tale to get the coins...as soon as you killed the goldhoarder one of you can start doing the vaults

As I said above...when you arrive at tribute peak again, the one guy should have finished the vaults and have the key ready

@CallMeBackdrafT

• @schwammlgott said in A quick tip on tall tale 9 (SPOILERS AHEAD):

@starerik sagte in A quick tip on tall tale 9 (SPOILERS AHEAD):

That is even more clever than my crew thought we were last night. We had one guy stand behind on the island while the rest of us went back to turn in the skull and restart the tale. So when we activated the tale, he started doing the puzzles while we sailed back.

You don't need to start the tale to get the coins...as soon as you killed the goldhoarder one of you can start doing the vaults

As I said above...when you arrive at tribute peak again, the one guy should have finished the vaults and have the key ready

Didn’t know you could do them at any time. Although we’ve done it 5 times now, so no more need.

Views
1 out of 9