Are Skeleton Ships affected by the new Expanded Ship Damage?

• Like the title says, are Skeleton ships damaged the same way as our ships are now in the Anniversary Update? For example, will shooting their mast cause it to fall? Does shooting their capstan drop their anchor? Or are they completely unchanged and have to be dealt with the old fashioned way?

It would be cool if they were affected by this update, as they technically got indirectly buffed by it, (having your anchor dropped every 5 seconds by a cannonball is super annoying), but so far I haven't been able to really test this in game. If anyone can answer this question it would be appreciated.

Views
  • @henrybakar no, they aren't...i guess Rare is balancing them at the moment because the skellie ship encounters aren't there anymore...

• Afaik no,

I'd like it if they get the same damage Model.

@Schwammlgott arent they? I didnt do a raid, but i saw them on the horizon. I also saw and fought a roaming Skaleone, bit got not attacked by them from the depths until.

• @bugaboo-bill sagte in Are Skeleton Ships affected by the new Expanded Ship Damage?:

Afaik no,

I'd like it if they get the same damage Model.

@Schwammlgott arent they? I didnt do a raid, but i saw them on the horizon. I also saw and fought a roaming Skaleone, bit got not attacked by them from the depths until.

I meant the ones that are spawning on you, not the ones that are roaming the seas or the raid...these 2 are still there

• Well I was able to do some tests of my own, and it seems like Skeleton Ships are exactly the same as they were before. I shot the heck out of a ship's mast and then back end to drop it's anchor, and nothing happened (other than the ship eventually sinking). I would also like to mention that since this update, I haven't had a single Skeleton Ship spawn next to me, like what @Schwammlgott was saying. Wonder why?

Views
4 out of 5