Solo Lantern Quest.

• Spent like 2 hours gathering all the ferryman lights on my sloop, solo. Sp there’s 6. Got all 5 including killed by lightening which was a complete nightmare. On my way to the volcanos to get the last one. Kraken attack and no planks. Kill it and raise the anchor while bailing water super fast. Smash into the island decking. Run up the front of the ship to the decking, manage to plank up and save all my lanterns. Sail all the way to the volcanos from Crescent (the whole map). Float near the erupting one. Don’t get hit. Move closer. Get hit eventually. I hear the ferry door open but have a black screen still. Worrying about the ship now. Get in the ferry and grab the lantern. Respawn in the water. Ship fully submerged. Kill me.

Views
  • @snowycactus you only need 5 at one time, so it makes no difference if you get the last one at the same time...
    Why did you sail with no planks? I don't even leave the dock with less than 50 planks...
    When getting the red light, better row with a rowboat there, so your ship is safe

• @schwammlgott you need all 6 lanterns now. I had 5 and it didn’t work. A quick search shows they changed it. I ran out of planks in a storm and the kraken.

• @snowycactus ohh...didn't know that...

• @snowycactus said in Solo Lantern Quest.:

Kill me.

Well technicly you already did that yourself... multiple times

You could have used the cannon to shoot yourself towards an erupting island, keeping your ship safe or a rowboat.

• @callmebackdraft I know I know sad face

• Yeah, you kinda give the solutions in your own post. Have more planks, shoot towards a volcano or don't play solo. That's last tip probably saves a lot of trouble for a lot of players.

• Yeah, there are a few things you could have done differently, but the bit that got my attention was the ferry.

I have also died, and been hit with a long black screen, just to get to the ferry. Multiple times i arrive on the ferry and the door is already open...rare should look into it.

• Maybe do volcano first next time :) That is the toughest one solo.

• @pomalotacusmk3 Yeah it’s the real point in trying to make. It’s really too long!

• @snowycactus I also haven’t completed the Party Boat commendation yet, and also solo often. We could do that together later this evening if you’re interested.

• Took us a couple of attempts to get that one... eventually settled on a formula of pink/player light first (in case they sink you), then the red/volcano one next for the same reason, though you have a lot more control there. The rest are all pretty straightforward - heck, you can get them in the same place, if you can find an island in a storm that has snakes!

• @snowycactus
    Man, that's awful. I was lucky to get mine back when you only needed 5, and I'm pretty sure I had a crewmate.

• @blazedrake100 No problem I managed it last night with a crewmate. As you said, much easier!!

• @arsigi This pretty much perfectly happened last night and I got it, cheers to that!

• @they-sank hey! I have now completed it but drop me an Xbox message and if I can I’d be happy to help!

Views
1 out of 16