Foul Surprise

• So me and my friend were wrapping a successful day on the seas. Just cashed in 18k of loot and had about 30 minutes to do something. So we settled on taking out 1 more Meg or Skelly Ship.

Pass by a wreck and find a Foul Skull and Captains chest. As soon as we get back on the way a Brig starts to chase us. Mind you we were in a sloop. We figured we'd do a drive by drop off of the chest and then give them a fight.

Drop chest begin fight and realize we are way out gunned and out classed. They out maneuvered us and constantly had us under fire. Realizing we are going to go down we grab the two TNT kegs from the mast and go for broke.

2 kegs 2 direct hits, with me surviving. I manage to board their ship and they are in salvage mode. Blast 1st guy with the Blunderbuss which he survives but falls off ship, melee and kill the guy in the hold repairing, Blunderbuss the other two guys coming down stairs.

Both ships sink. When I realize they had Captains skull, spices, red ruby and of course my foul skull.

I was bummed because no way to get loot...until i turn around and low and behold they had a rowboat.

Salvage their loot row to plunder outpost cash in for additional 5K.

All this because they thought we had big loot. Had they won they would have gotten 100 gold instead they lost thousands.

Views
  • @bheid-reborn nice story, like it
    We had once a good fight...we had nothing at all and they had loot for about 30k (!), but it was a looong fight...

I wish someone tries to fight with me with a gunpowder in the crow's nest...that would be my first target with the EoR...I don't take any gpb with me anymore since the new ship damage

• @schwammlgott said in Foul Surprise:

I wish someone tries to fight with me with a gunpowder in the crow's nest...that would be my first target with the EoR...I don't take any gpb with me anymore since the new ship damage

I don't know why this hasn't occurred to me before now, but I wonder if you can 'protect' your gunpowder from snipers with a couple of regular chests. Going to have to experiment with that!

• @arsigi sagte in Foul Surprise:

@schwammlgott said in Foul Surprise:

I don't know why this hasn't occurred to me before now, but I wonder if you can 'protect' your gunpowder from snipers with a couple of regular chests. Going to have to experiment with that!

Wow...that's a good idea...wonder if it works...tell me please when you tested this...

• @schwammlgott I also don’t keep any kegs in the crows nest, heck, I didn’t before the update! However, I do keep one or two on my rowboat. If you place the keg between the bench and storage chest, then place a treasure chest on top of the bench and open it, it does a good job of obscuring the keg underneath it. It’s really handy if a ship is on your tail, especially if they’ve harpooned you. Just grab the keg, jump off and kamikaze! Their masts will fall, their anchor might drop etc.

BOOM!!!

• @schwammlgott said in Foul Surprise:

Wow...that's a good idea...wonder if it works...tell me please when you tested this...

Will do! I also just asked the question in this very active thread about gunpowder kegs in general, so the answer might pop up there.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/92359/reduce-damage-from-exploding-barrels/49

• @bheid-reborn
    Nice story. The pvp is so great in this game, especially with how spontaneous it can be. I'm surprised they attacked you with so much loot though. They must have been pls or something.

• @schwammlgott So we did do some testing tonight - captains chest, marauders chest and even tea all blocked shots from the EoR, so it does work to some extent.

Views
7 out of 8