New Tall Tale Sighted!

• Ahoy Mates!
    Guess what I found on Senior Environment Artist George O'Keeffe's artstation account.

I know you give up so I'll show you:
    Tales Tall - Lords of the Sea

That mates is a Tall Tales Quest book for a Tale called: "Lords of the Sea", which currently isn't in the game.
    Lords of the Sea what could that mean?

Maybe the symbols on the book will provide some answers.
    Oh, I almost forgot!
    Spoilers ahead for Tall Tales Chapter 8 Revenge of the Morning Star:

Now that we have that out of the way, we can decipher what the Skeleton Symbols mean.
    It says:
    Lord
    To
    Camp
    Heart
    Skeleton

Huh, I wonder what that means?
    I'll leave it to you mates to speculate on what it's meaning is.

Anyways mates, that's all all I got for now, let me know what ya think of this unreleased Tall Tale Quest book!
    Until then see ya on the seas!
    Mr. Jon Palooggo

Views
    news
  • @sgt-palooggoo heart skeleton, hmm perhaps a heart of flame ;D. Perhaps my hopes maybe getting high but it might be a book with a Flameheart encounter.

• @weststormborn
    It could be possible, we did get the Gold Hoarder with the Shores of Gold Tall Tales!

• It's not to camp, its to north

• @eggamer13 said in New Tall Tale Sighted!:

It's not to camp, its to north

Wait, it's really a combination of both.
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text North camp?

• I wish we could have a Tall Tale like the second one, where we've got this compass giving the direction to Briggsy, but this time, giving the direction to a Skeleton ship's captain, to bring us to an epic naval strike !

• @Sgt-Palooggoo see this!
    https://twitter.com/ChappersChapman/status/1130919164691005442

• @eggamer13 ah, so old Mike commented on the matter eh?
    Hmmmmm, definitely a leak then!
    Good work mate!

• The Most important thing for future Tales is, give Skeleton Lords unique abilities and not only reskins!

• @somali-plrate hey I'd second that mate!

• @sgt-palooggoo lord of the sea sounds like Davy jones and THE FLYING DUTCHMAN confirmed

• Maybe we’re gettin some epic naval battle against Flameheart and his Burning Blade :)

• @king-deka said in New Tall Tale Sighted!:

Maybe we’re gettin some epic naval battle against Flameheart and his Burning Blade :)

Well, he was the Skeleton Lord who gave Wanda command of his war fleet...
    At least that's what I think happened with Cursed Sails anyway.

@closinghare208 said in New Tall Tale Sighted!:

@sgt-palooggoo lord of the sea sounds like Davy jones and THE FLYING DUTCHMAN confirmed

I'd say so mate!

• That is really interesting, perhaps its part of the second TallTale volume and if so, I wonder what the second volume is about? I think it might focus on Flameheart since there's not a lot of info about him.
    Whatever its about, I'm excited either way since I really enjoyed the first Volume.
    (I hope we get more traps though)

• @foxywiththemoxy aye, I'm really hoping to see something related to Flameheart!

• @foxywiththemoxy There is not going to be a second big Tall Tale volume release in some time. Joe said in a stream that they're going to be releasing 1 or 2 tall tales every x amount of time, and they aren't going to release 9 in one update in some time.

• @eggamer13 said in New Tall Tale Sighted!:

@foxywiththemoxy There is not going to be a second big Tall Tale volume release in some time. Joe said in a stream that they're going to be releasing 1 or 2 tall tales every x amount of time, and they aren't going to release 9 in one update in some time.

Well that might be a yes and no i think... i mean we now had 1 tall tale with 9 chapters, the tall tale was called shores of gold.

But even an episodic release of chapters to culminate in one epic tall tale again would be just as awesome.

All in all Rare as created an epic framework with this and the puzzle vaults, actual riddles, skeleton lords, world changing mechanics (shroudbreaker), traps etc. Building this framework is probably what cost them most of the time to get right, they can now build with that

• @callmebackdraft aye, according to Design Director Mike Chapman: "Tales Talls is a platform for delivering Story content to Sea of Thieves."

Views
news
17 out of 18