Stuck Because Of A Glitch

• I was turning in a chest today at Morrow's Peak and was about to reach the Gold Hoarders tent when I became stuck between the two trees right next to the tent. I had gotten stuck between trees on Ruby's Fall before, but I was killed by skeletons. However at the Outpost, there were no skeletons that would spawn, and I was playing solo so I didn't have a crew mate to use a gunpowder barrel or brig me. I was forced to leave the game and was displeased at the lost of my (admittedly small) haul. It is things like these that make such an amazing game like Sea Of Thieves become more frustrating and disappointing.

Views
    bug
  • @piguythree14 If you find any places where a player can get stuck in the environment then please report them to support.

• Doesn't the game already move players who get stuck?

The only time I've ever gotten stuck in the environment, the game automatically teleported me onto a nearby spot.

I got lunched by a geyser and fell between a couple of rocks. Couldn't move at all.

About 5 seconds after landing, game just moved me onto flat land.

• @foxdodge said in Stuck Because Of A Glitch:

@piguythree14 If you find any places where a player can get stuck in the environment then please report them to support.

This.

And in almost all cases, if you wait a bit the game will teleport you back to the ship. The game is usually pretty good about that these days at least.

I can't tell you how many times I've haphazardly sword lunged the wrong way and got my character wedged between some rocks, stuck seemingly hopelessly.

Eventually it always teleports me after the game determines I'm stuck, sometimes it takes 5 minutes or so before it does so.

So in the future just be patient, put the controller down for a few minutes, and give the game time to sort itself out. It usually will from my experience!

• I've had it happen a few times. I usually wait 5+ minutes (or flail around), but I've never teleported unless it was immediate. But I will say that I haven't had it happen in quite a while.

It is frustrating... But I can't think of any game I've played for an extended period of time where I didn't have something like this happen.

Unfortunately, small snags like that are easy to miss and us reporting is the only way for them to know about it.

• This happens quite frequently, and has been an issue since the game launched. Rare needs to remove the automatic stuck teleport and replace it with a manual suicide button or something.

• @kush-n-bacon420 said in Stuck Because Of A Glitch:

This happens quite frequently, and has been an issue since the game launched. Rare needs to remove the automatic stuck teleport and replace it with a manual suicide button or something.

I agree with this. There should be a "Send me to the Ferry of the Damned!" option in the pause menu somewhere.

• Reporting places you get stuck is all fine and dandy, but it feels like a band-aid solution instead of an actual fix. I agree that a button that takes you to the ferry of the damned would be much better than relying on reports of salty pirates who've lost their loot because they had to log out of the game.

Views
bug
1 out of 8