My Sea of Thieves Anniversary!

• So I've just realized that May 29th will be the first day that I started playing Sea of Thieves and wow it feels like so much longer than that.

I truly miss that clueless innocence I had about the game when I first started playing... exploring each and every shipwreck for every bit of gold I could scrape up, the first time I bought a new outfit for my pirate, or the first time I boldly sailed my sloop too close to another ship and lost my ship right next to Crook's Hollow ...

Man, it was just such a special feeling I had with each piece of loot that I loaded up on to the ship. I jumped on board for the tail-end of The Hungering Deep event, played through it with my crew and was just astounded by that experience.

Since then I've never missed a single event or time limited cosmetic. I hit Pirate Legend back in September and got to Athena 10 soon after in October. I've sailed many miles with my own crew and when they were not available, my friends list became more and more populated with all of the different folks I've had the pleasure of sailing with through all of this time.

Now I've been to the Shores of Gold, and conquered all Tall Tale commendations. I've seen this game grow so much over the past year, and I look forward to seeing it grow and prosper even more!

First Set Sail on May 29

Views
  • Ah yes! The old days, when we saved up for every item we bought. My first sails were an achievement for me when the game first came out. Miss those days sometimes, but looking forward to what else comes!

Happy anniversary, matey!

• @chronodusk
    I remember when the ship cosmetics seemed unattainable and when I was excited to sell gpbs.

• @blazedrake100 Ha, yeah, I remember during the skeleton exploder event how I realized just how much money could be made from all those keggers when I accidentally kneecapped one and its keg was still on the ground...

Views
2 out of 4