Redesign Devils Roar

• Does anyone even go in there any more I sure don't I much prefer blue sky and Sandy beaches

Views
  • @captainluke56 idk the place is desserted for a reason. It's kind of cool, but overall ugly, and instead of being challenging it's an annoyance.

• @captainluke56
    I've been sailing toward the blue sky and sandy beaches since well before Devils Roar, even The Wilds is ugly and oppressive. Only the fish in those 2 regions will make me go there now.

• @timboagogo Totally agree

• @timboagogo Agree.

• I visit the DR often because I am working through the commendations. Yes, it could do with a little spruce up. My suggestion would be to give the sky more color. Yes - it's a volcanic region and there will be smoke and grey skies. It gives the region a forbidden and ominous feel, which is appropriate.

I'm saying, have less smoke and haze clouding up the sky. The orange glow of the lava would look contrast nicely against a deep blue night sky, and during the sunrise and sunset.

• Sorry guy's but i don't agree.

The DR is made to be oppressive and dangerous. When you sail in, you need to be carful of each rock or isle. It's a place who require more skill.

I think that it's cool to have some differents region. This one is dark and smoky, if you want more sun and beach, stay in the Shores of plenty.

• Never go there unless I have to. It's ugly and depressing.

• I really enjoy playing in both areas. It just depends on the level of attention I'm looking to put into playing. I'd say my time is 50/50 between DR and everywhere else. I avoid the wilds.

Instead of spending time on something that's been completed, I'd much rather see something like new regions.

Imo, 2 regions, one more "annoying" than DR and the other more protected than sop.

• I wish have a transitions islands between the ancient islands and Devils roar. Like a dead’s volcanoes , cover with the green aesthetic of the ancient . Where only have earthquakes but very rarely. And maybe other island same volcano, green trees but that island will be erupt like 1 time every week in game time .

• I do. I like the look of the islands, the details, all that. Well, it is not the Beach-Boys-feeling, fore sure not, but I am often there.

• @captainluke56 said in Redesign Devils Roar:

Does anyone even go in there any more ....... I much prefer blue sky and Sandy beaches

I sure do!
    Not everything in life is "sun loungers" & "cocktails" :)
    I like the "Wilds" too.

A lot of money to be made in the "Roar" , so definitely has my vote.
    It is perfect as it is, and love that each region has it's own personality and look.
    Kudos @rare-employee

Craggy

• They should just mix all the islands up everywhere just have them all scattered lol it might make it look better who knows and be different having the volcanos in different areas

• @anath0re said in Redesign Devils Roar:

Sorry guy's but i don't agree.

The DR is made to be oppressive and dangerous. When you sail in, you need to be carful of each rock or isle. It's a place who require more skill.

I think that it's cool to have some differents region. This one is dark and smoky, if you want more sun and beach, stay in the Shores of plenty.

Ever since extended ship damage, the Devil's Roar hasn't been about skill, and only been about patience... And death.

That moment when 1 single meteor completely breaks ALL masts, the capstan AND the wheel... And i cannot repair them until the volcano stops erupting, so im just stuck bucketing water until it ends. Happened 3 times now, trying to do the shores of gold.

This is my brain whenever that happens:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/500657552292315157/581279833275760640/HAH.gif
    If you have no idea what that means, don't worry, that's intentional... I don't know either, i only remember bits and pieces of it... o_.

• A little blue sky at night wouldn't hurt. Obviously wouldn't look this good in the game but with the lighting this game has it would still look mint.

alt text

• I really think the only time people go to DR now of days is for either, Tall tales, commendations, and just the fish. the quest seems to be pointless to do even the PL ones. Sure more gold but painfully more of a task to complete it without sinking so easy. its quite the iorny that people want more places to explore, but when its in game, people stay away from it due to it being a pain to survive in it with destructive 1 hit rocks. The last time I ever sail into DR was for the Lanters stuff so yeah its quite sad

• @sweltering-nick said in Redesign Devils Roar:

@anath0re said in Redesign Devils Roar:

Sorry guy's but i don't agree.

Ever since extended ship damage, the Devil's Roar hasn't been about skill, and only been about patience... And death.

That moment when 1 single meteor completely breaks ALL masts, the capstan AND the wheel... And i cannot repair them until the volcano stops erupting, so im just stuck bucketing water until it ends. Happened 3 times now, trying to do the shores of gold.

This is my brain whenever that happens:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/500657552292315157/581279833275760640/HAH.gif
    If you have no idea what that means, don't worry, that's intentional... I don't know either, i only remember bits and pieces of it... o_.

Nah, just gotta get better at dodging the brimstone.

• DR is the best, its a better challenge, its better money, and its one of the safest places to solo as so many players avoid it.

• @natiredgals Good one. xD

• @sweltering-nick said in Redesign Devils Roar:

@natiredgals Good one. xD

I mean its not difficult.

• @natiredgals

• @anath0re totally agree with you. I actually love the Devil’s Roar. Athena voyages are much easier to do down there, and I almost never get bothered by other boats. I play solo quite often, so that why I go down there. The only downside is that supplies are scarce, but it is a desolate, volcanic region, so that’s understandable. Keep the Devil’s Roar just the way it is!

• @sweltering-nick I disagree. It is about skill. I do solo Athena voyages in the DR quite often, and very rarely do I sink. I do think we should be able to carry more planks now that much more damage can be done to our ships, but I think the DR is actually a better place to be than anywhere else. Athena’s are easier down there, and you get a lot more gold for your hard work.

• Love the Roar!

• My Favorite Regions (best to worst)

1. The Shores of Plenty
    2. The Ancient Isles
    3. The Wilds
    4. The Devil's Roar
    5. The Shroud
  • Why not redesign the Shroud ?
    It is red and boring, i want more blue sky and less destruction in it.
    ;)

• The DR is yet another example of a project the devs spent a lot of time and resources on but is unpopular. Same reason skull forts spawn far more often than skeleton ship events. The skele ship event turned out to be less lucrative, more resource/time consuming, and more difficult, and yet the devs went all-out with the concept and implementation. PLA10s don’t even get the slightest bit of an upgrade as simple as a rank cap raise and a handful of more cosmetics yet we can now change lantern colors and sit in chairs for dumbloons.

• @captainluke56

I prefer the blue sky and sandy beaches too. The Devil's Roar was great for Athena rep when I needed it, but I finished that grind and I don't find myself out there very often!

I hope there will be some Tall Tales in the future that take us there. It would be really nice to get some more lore out there.

• I want more fireworks with my volcanoes it would be cool if rocks were random and shooting them made it so it will explode in a bunch of sparks and cause no harm to ship

• @upwardbasket992 said in Redesign Devils Roar:

@sweltering-nick I disagree. It is about skill. I do solo Athena voyages in the DR quite often, and very rarely do I sink. I do think we should be able to carry more planks now that much more damage can be done to our ships, but I think the DR is actually a better place to be than anywhere else. Athena’s are easier down there, and you get a lot more gold for your hard work.

Not saying i sink, im saying i can't do anything until the volcano stops erupting... Or one of the meteorites actually kill me...

AKA Patience, and Death. xD

Views
26 out of 30