Pirate legend exclusive content!

• Now i know this will be a disliked post by all the people who haven't become pirate legends themselves, but remember you will get here too one day!

So as most pirate legends know there isnt much content endgame other than collecting the same stuff you have done for the past 150 levels of rep. So my thoughts is that having a developer team focus purely on making pirate legend content will flesh out the endgame and keep veteran players playing, and give new players more and more to look forward too.

One such thing could be a page out of the anniversary updates book, being a island or sector of the map being locked specifically too pirate legends, here the PVE section will be tougher, with much more mini bosses (Captains/skeleton lord), and end of voyages having a final boss earning large paydays (Ship battles, Sea monster encounters).

Another thing that i would love to see is daily challenge and weekly challenges, now for new players they would earn gold and rep for certain factions of their choosing, but exclusively for pirate legends they would earn pirate tokens. Now these tokens once saved up enough (Say 10-20. 1 gained per challenge) can go towards the pirate emporium (Which i take will be the real life money in game store) Now i know this may seem a bit off, taking money out of Rares hands, but A: It would make veteran players keep playing which they probably want, and B: Looking at other games like League of Legends, they have characters that are both Paid with real money or earn after playing for a long amount of time.

Another thing that i would like to see is a Vault. Now this is a island in the centre of the map, and this could or couldn't be exclusive for pirate legends, but here you can physically see your gold piling up in the middle (Huge pile), and surrounding this pile of gold is 12 barrels, each barrel represents a real month, and after a month the pile of gold goes into one of said barrels and depending on how much you earn't the more full it becomes. After the 12 months your hard earned gold earns you a exclusive trophy for your vault and some other neat things (Exclusive weapons, cosmetics, pets etc). This could also be used as a leaderboard of some kind showing how much players have earn't by them entering your vault.

And my final idea is weekly bosses. Every week a boss (Could be a variation of kraken, megladon or skeleton lord) will spawn on a island on every server, and if you manage to defeat it you gain a trinket (Meg, giant shark tooth. Kraken, Stuffed tentacle, Skeleton lord, sword/bone/skull). These trinkets can be used on your boat (Like sails, anchors, cannons etc) and can be swapped out. Being able to visibly see your accomplishments and showing others your adventures.

Tell me what you think below! And please keep it friendly!

Views
  • Rare I think said that the real game doesn't begin until you reach PL yet once you reach PL the only new thing to do is Athena missions which are the same missions you've been doing since day one except they're longer/bigger. So yes ANY NEW CONTENT for PLs would be nice but I'm not holding my breathe since it's been over year a since we had our first PLs but nothing has been added for them except the few cosmetics they can buy after earning.

• Yep, its time for some PL exclusive content, and updates.

We're a year in, and now there's an ungodly amount of things to do for people who aren't PL to do.

If at this point you argue against PL exclusive content because "only 1% of the playerbase" is PL, you're delusional, and will never be satisfied with how much content you have access to, just because something new ends up gated behind the progression point where the game was alleged to start.

• I'm not Pirate Legend myself (at least not yet since I plan on reaching it after finishing the TallTale commendations), but I definitely would like this. Maybe certain dungeon crawler based quests could be PL with high amounts of difficult enemies, traps, puzzles etc.

I'm up for PL exclusive content.

• I'm against PL exclusive content. One of the best design decisions Rare made was to keep us all equal and nobody need to rush it or do hardcore grind.
    Athena's are somewhat special to Legends, but in the end it provides no new or divere content, so this is ok imo.

All the exclusivity is about cosmetics only, i like it and i think it's clever gamedesign.

• @bugaboo-bill said in Pirate legend exclusive content!:

I'm against PL exclusive content. One of the best design decisions Rare made was to keep us all equal and nobody need to rush it or do hardcore grind.
    Athena's are somewhat special to Legends, but in the end it provides no new or divere content, so this is ok imo.

All the exclusivity is about cosmetics only, i like it and i think it's clever gamedesign.

I'm ok with it either way, it does sound interesting though but yeah I can see the negatives with that.

However, I want more dungeons to the game, I can never have enough OP enemies and deathtraps.

• While I'm not necessarily opposed to some carefully crafted PL endgame content, I've found plenty of content to keep me occupied for a long while to come. People who race through the available content will never be satisfied in the long run, because they'll always want more. That's not a bad thing, it's just the nature of the beast. We have two whole new factions to master now, the Sea Dogs and the Hunter's Call, along with the amazingly well-done Tall Tales. Besides all that, there are still Athena's Voyages and all the new PL commendations, with more legend-only cosmetics to work towards. Rare has really stepped up and provided a lot of content all the way around.

I think adding more legend-exclusive content will likely happen in the future, especially as the number of Pirate Legends continues to grow. But I'm pretty happy with the current state of the game now.

• @foxywiththemoxy sagte in Pirate legend exclusive content!:

@bugaboo-bill said in Pirate legend exclusive content!:

I'm against PL exclusive content. One of the best design decisions Rare made was to keep us all equal and nobody need to rush it or do hardcore grind.

I'm ok with it either way, it does sound interesting though but yeah I can see the negatives with that.

However, I want more dungeons to the game, I can never have enough OP enemies and deathtraps.

more tales to come - i think they were a blast, but have them done 5 times now i know what you want.
    I'm always vocal to not miss the average and keep it accesible and enjoyable to a broader mass, not unneccesary over casualisation, but also not too much of a pro and hardcore thing.
    AS i said in the other thread i am more for sailing stuff and challenges than into dungeons, but i enjoyed the Tales what included some sort of dungeon crawling. Ok this need to be said with cautious.
    The intermediate bosses like Rooke and Gripper need some improvememt and got balanced better for different crew sizes.
    Same for all the Piratelords including the Goaldhoarder.
    But i am not complaining, i enjoyed it to the fullest and everything can be made better and got improved.
    I trust in Rare they will do more and improved content.
    All Updates that came along until were good quality and iprovements, even Barrel 2.0 what was discussed a lot and also to me not that much comfortable in the beginning.
    Rowboat was the same. Some said its useless, you can circumvent to need it in the Roar, but in the end everybody is lucky if he have one when you got krakene'd :D
    And because of RNG even the best captains got unlucky with her.
    Nasty Beast XD

sorry i'm derrailing ^^

• @bugaboo-bill said in Pirate legend exclusive content!:

@foxywiththemoxy sagte in Pirate legend exclusive content!:

@bugaboo-bill said in Pirate legend exclusive content!:

more tales to come - i think they were a blast, but have them done 5 times now i know what you want.
    I'm always vocal to not miss the average and keep it accesible and enjoyable to a broader mass, not unneccesary over casualisation, but also not too much of a pro and hardcore thing.
    AS i said in the other thread i am more for sailing stuff and challenges than into dungeons, but i enjoyed the Tales what included some sort of dungeon crawling. Ok this need to be said with cautious.
    The intermediate bosses like Rooke and Gripper need some improvememt and got balanced better for different crew sizes.
    Same for all the Piratelords including the Goaldhoarder.
    But i am not complaining, i enjoyed it to the fullest and everything can be made better and got improved.
    I trust in Rare they will do more and improved content.
    All Updates that came along until were good quality and iprovements, even Barrel 2.0 what was discussed a lot and also to me not that much comfortable in the beginning.
    Rowboat was the same. Some said its useless, you can circumvent to need it in the Roar, but in the end everybody is lucky if he have one when you got krakene'd :D
    And because of RNG even the best captains got unlucky with her.
    Nasty Beast XD

sorry i'm derrailing ^^

The rowboat is a life saver, especially doing Cargo Runs. But yeah, I absolutely love the TallTales and I can't wait for its next volume. But I do understand where you're coming from, the Piratelords did feel a bit easy but I think it depends on the type of player though. The Kraken and Skeleships have been appearing less often for me, its just been Megalodon, Megalodon and Megalodon, I swear those things are like a magnet.

Having came from games such as Zelda, Tomb Raider etc. I am definitely more of a dungeon crawler player (preferably those that have traps in them)

Also, have you noticed that Cursed Cannonballs are way more common lately? Before the update I hardly ever find them but now its a "Cursed Cannonball in Barrel" everyday, at least it helps with Doubloons.

• @flamelord-blaze All in favor of this... anything other than tall tales or fishing lol.

• @acebead40319154 said in Pirate legend exclusive content!:

@flamelord-blaze All in favor of this... anything other than tall tales or fishing lol.

Legendary Fishing!!

alt text

• To touch on what others have said... I be all for more exclusive Legends 'stuff' but not unique game modes. Content modes or unique quest types shouldn't be locked behind countless hours o' grind.

Usin' the mechanics and content we have an' building bigger an' tougher experiences for Legend is how it should be. Just as Athena be a normal quest scaled to a more epic proportion I t'ink Legends could also have tougher Tall Tales or fishing (or dare I say, Legends only Arena), that we have access to as the ones who put in all the work to get here. An' wit' these Legendary challenges comes higher end cosmetics. It's always about the cosmetics.

• @flamelord-blaze yes

• As this thread was 2 years old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our forum rules

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 14