Grapeshot Cannonballs

• Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I just had this thought this morning and decided to put it out there.
    Do you think that with the newly added expanded ship damage, that Rare could add grapeshot cannonballs? Maybe they split off into 3 or 4 or so smaller cannonballs. I thought that since they'd be smaller, and more of them fired at once, that they could balance it by making it hurt players the same (or a slight reduction), but only create small holes in the ship, never expanding to larger ones no matter how many times you hit them with grapeshots. And/or they could not cause damage to operational parts of the ship (like the mast, wheel, etc), or if they do cause damage to them then make it minimal or stop at a certain point. Could just be a different cannonball added since we have the regulars and the cursed ones at the moment.
    What do you think?

Views
  • I think it would be useless unless it was positioned in a way you could use them on the deck of your own ship (IE like where the helm light is on a sloop)

Using a scatter shot over a distance like ship to ship or even in the water wouldn't work so well I think.

Chainshot though to cut a mast in one shot however.... SIGN ME UP.

Views
1 out of 2