Megalodon Collection Area

• Ahoy

Okay, we all know now how/under what conditions the chance to hit the Kraken is very high, so we know that there is a scheme. Did any of you be able to observe such a scheme at the Megs? I know zb. That the places where the Megs are spawn Circulär, that is, everyone has certain points where they can show up, as far as so good, I'm just finding out when Meg spawns in which region And yes, there is a pattern! I just don't have anything to get out of it ... That's why I'd like to open up a collection area here! When you meet a Meg, please note which Meg? Where did you meet him? (Take a quick look at the map) And what ingame time and date? Would be great if we get this here and maybe solve the mystery of Shrouded Ghost together.

Let's Sail together

Views
  • @lupo-d-ace my encounters seem to be anywhere in the deep seas, the type also seems random and there is no such thing as a Shrouded one... a mere pirate myth.

• @cotu42 That's not true, I know that the Ghost is occasionally east to meet between Krakensfall and Ancient Spire. The Ancient Meg and the hungry but also. But at this time I never take a look at time and date

• @lupo-d-ace I have sailed multiple hours in multiple sessions in the shroud, I have sailed the entirety of the seas multiple time over in search for that dreaded beast and I mean seriously zigzagging the entire map.

The likelihood that one finds it is even after the patch that it was buffed... just none exciting almost.

I know that it is in the game as a player... but my pirate has given up on seeing the white one.

I have multiple friends that are active, sailing for hours on end without ever even spotting the beast.

I heard tales of it in the Roar, I have heard tales of it near Thieves Haven and Discovey Ridge, but not once have I laid eyes on it. I heard of it spawning in the shroud and in the sun... random seems to be the main aspect of this beast.

• Killed the Shrouded Ghost yesterday with a friend.
    It attacked us right as we left the Red Sea just after we finished Shores of Gold Quest.
    We were at the the NE edge of the sea. Still had the Goldhoarder skull in our ship.
    Im thiking that if there is a scheme to get it to appear, maybe it has something to do with the ammount of treasure value is in your ship.
    Im beggining to think that you have lesser chance to be attacked by krakens and Megs when you have nothing on your ship.
    There was this time when we hit a particularly lucky treasure in a Skellie Fort. We got to the fort and there were already 2 skellie captain chest and 1 skull on the shores of the fort. Then we completed the fort and got really lucky in the drops. Our sloop was loaded with good treasure.
    Just leaving for the outpost we got attcked by both the Kranken and a Meg at the same time.
    See where I'm going?
    I'm not saying it is always, but im thinking it increases the chances.
    If I was going to hunt the shrouded Ghost, I would probably complete a fort, load up on treasure and head for the edges of the sea. Like reeeeealy close to the edge. But Im only speculating.
    Also, if you think about it, those back to back forts were introduced in the Shrouded Spoils, which also introduced the new meg tipes. The Rare meg is called SHROUDED ghost. Im seeing a relation between all that.

• @wolfgunhellfire kraken only appears if no cloud event is up. Which causes you to be hit more often after clearing it.

If treasure would summon the Rare creatures I would have spotted them by now... I tend to be a pinata ship that is covered with treasure, as I only tend to sell if it is efficient and I am stopping at an outpost due to the voyage or at the very end. So, doubt that the creatures below really care about treasure at all.

• @cotu42 said in Megalodon Collection Area:

@wolfgunhellfire kraken only appears if no cloud event is up. Which causes you to be hit more often after clearing it.

If treasure would summon the Rare creatures I would have spotted them by now... I tend to be a pinata ship that is covered with treasure, as I only tend to sell if it is efficient and I am stopping at an outpost due to the voyage or at the very end. So, doubt that the creatures below really care about treasure at all.

I think I he was saying it increases the encounter rate, not necessarily the rarity of the encounter.

With a higher encounter rate, your chances of actually seeing it should increase.

The odds won’t increase, but ‘re-rolling the odds’ with each encounter should yield it eventually if you encounter the Megalodon enough. Make sense?

• @cyberguardian77 I have tried out any rumors I heard of... if you manage to find a new one let me know and I will most likely sail around with the tactic for 3 hours before becoming bored.

Sail the edge, with loot, the mist, the roar, the map, away from megs to have them reappear... only conclusion I have is rng

• I have yet seen the ghost meg but either IM lucky or i feel drumming makes difference . Feel like i encounter 1-3 meg an hour

• @cotu42
    I would agree with you.
    I was only trying to generate a discussion about some things i've observed while sailing. But ultimately i too think is all RNG.
    I still have 4 gold hoaders to do for Tall tales commendation. If the Ghost meg situation repeats I'll let you know here, as it would be a good indication.

Views
9 out of 10