TALL TALES AGGRESSION AND THE SLOOP THAT COULD

• Gonna spin my yarn about how the tall tales have been going for me and a friend lately. nothing detail heavy on the tales themselves just the pvp experiences during them.

im revan and my ship mate is named the know. hes relatively inexperienced at sot but is an experienced gamer and full of enthusiasm haha. i lured him back to the game with the new update and began some tall taleage with him. id already done 3 tales solo so i had an idea of what was what at this early point. solo, no one had interrupted me. i saw one other sloop and helped them solve something in their book that was it.

AS SOON AS THEKNOW SET FOOT ON MY SLOOP, we got attacked haha. was a brig. i fancy myself pretty skilled at pirate to pirate combat and a slippery captain. this crew had some serious mvp's though. we got tossed like it was nothing. i didnt kill him once and he killed us like 5 times each haha. WELCOME TO TALL TALES THEKNOW!

finally we sank and after respawn we headed to the first destination. no issues, then did the other bits and headed to the last part of first quest where you go underwater to solve the tomb. LOOK WHO IS THERE. mvp brig just waitin for us.

they werent really waiting lol they were starting the quest there! so i just sailed by and dove off as they cannoned. had theknow follow me under and we locked ourselves in the tomb underwater. i let him discover how to beat the puzzle on his own as we heard mvp destroying our unmanned sloop above. after the puzzle was solved and the tomb opened we spread out like a swat team and carefully came out the cavern. in the water we saw the mvper's searching the magpie sunken ship. we sprung up on them and got our murderous revenge! and teleported back to our ship. unfortunately we werent able to take the quest item and it was time to go hhaha.

DAY 2 ATTEMPT 2

so we got on again and tried again. this time there was a damn galleon there. it was noob decorated tho and they were not able to keep up with our sloopin around the uncharted island so i knew even with 4 we were probably gona be fine. i jumped off and got the magpie papers and then teleported back to theknow and our sloop. the galleon was persistent.

they followed us for the next two hrs.

i managed to direct theknow to sail us wherever the clues led and meanwhile i hopped off at our chasers and boarded to pull the anchor usually buying a minute or two. when they were all bunched up they handled me but if it was two or less i was generally able to thwart them and delay them even longer. still they would not quit and got better time after time. they seemed to be learning. started trying to prevent my boards, trying to hold the dropping anchor and using wind and harpoons to their advantage.

luckily i already knew all these things and instructed theknow how to best stay out of their reach. i even shot off their harpoons a few times cause im a crack shot like that ;) anyways our final tomb was at crooks hallow. and boy was there a storm brewin there. perfect for the final showdown.

we were at the wind disadvantage so they were gaining quickly. i jumped to the island from the cover of the storm and seawater. after they passed i went to solve the tomb. all the while theknow is shrieking and sounding like things got pretty desperate. i had him circle the island as i would need pick up and i knew it would throw off the not so perfect galleon crew especially in a storm.

after some time i did all the required tasks to get the shroud breaker and thats when it happened. theknow came around the bend and got harpooned right in front of me. rain was pouring and lightning crashing all about. the coral skellies were raising like mad as they do when you get the final quest item. theknow shouted his last words as he died to canon fire 'we are done for!' he told me the ship was getting shredded and we had no chance. i said hold my grog young man.

i dropped the quest item and sword dashed to our sloop. i shot the harpoon and their ship began to drift out of a suitable cannoning range by the storms desire and twisting of their helm. i did a couple bails and raised our anchor. we started to sail out of the storm and i knew we had made it but there was more to do.

theknow came back and fixed all damage and we sailed back to the quest item. the galleon crew had still not gained full control back and we had time to anchor and grab our loot. we headed off into the deep of the storm and came out the otherside alone. idk what happened to that galleon but i like to believe they drown in their own humiliation and fury from being out done by a sloop for hours.

was pretty amazing. nothing is more intense than trying to read a dang puzzle book and figure out where to go while cannons and harpoons are whizzing by haha. only in sot.

Views
  • @revanjstone said in TALL TALES AGGRESSION AND THE SLOOP THAT COULD:

Great story!

was pretty amazing. nothing is more intense than trying to read a dang puzzle book and figure out where to go while cannons and harpoons are whizzing by haha. only in sot.

Exactly.

• @bloodybil yyaaahahhh i love it haha. thought id share a fun perspective with everyone on the way the new content is going. in that fight our helm was jacked and it was making things more crazy haha.

this game is amazing. people have been hyper aggressive lately or maybe its just that there are more ppl back on the seas idk, but as rough as it can be it makes the seas more perilous and entertaining

• @revanjstone https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/297845591466180608/576841803085381652/nice_scheiss.png
    This was our boat yesterday. It survived more then 12 hours. We did 2 skeletships and we did fight something around 10-15 ships.^^

Views
1 out of 4