I'm not able to log in

• So I was trying to log in to play Sea of Thieves and a message popped up saying "The Sea of Thieves services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again. (Lavenderbeard)" okay. Fine. No big deal, it's probably just a glitch. So I try again, twice. Still nothing. Still, it's probably just maintenance. So I waited a few hours and tried again. Same message. So I went to the site and it says there no maintenance going on. Does anyone have any clue whats going on?

Sincerely,
    RogueTheif401

Views
  • @roguetheif401 - You probably got this message due to the scheduled maintenance yesterday:
    Server Maintenance: Wednesday May 8th 10am - 4pm BST

Lavenderbeard
    Can arise if new players are temporarily prevented from joining the game as part of an effort to resolve server issues. If this is the case, we'll get everyone back in and playing as quickly as possible! This may also be caused by antivirus/firewall settings, proxy servers or other network management/manipulation tools.

• @roguetheif401
    Lavenderbeard also happens if you are trying to play after a patch that you haven't installed yet. Are you on xbox? Every other game on Xbox ever, will prompt you if you try to play an older version, and take you to the install/update screen. For some reason, SoT doesnt do this :(

Go to your games/apps screen and look for updates. This sometimes doesnt work like every other game on xbox ever. The SoT update sometimes doesn't appear, and you need to hard reset your xbox to see and apply the update.

It would be nice if someone @Rare could look at this, so we can take it off the list of known issues.

Hope this gets you sailing soon :)

Views
2 out of 3