Character randomly changed when playing arena

• I was playing Sea of thieves on the arena I get this message pop up in game something about the game on some sort of scroll I guess, and then I dance and see that my character has changed skin tone he was a very dark skin tone and is now pale as anything. Any suggestions to fix this?

Views
    bug
  • @frenchyy-zx This has happened to me as well. The model is the same, but the skin color, eye color, scars, and hair color have all changed. I submitted a ticket to Rare and they have told me this is a problem they are aware of already and are currently working to patch it. They couldn't provide me any more information than that, unfortunately.

• Ahoy @frenchyy-zx!

Several others have experienced similar issues. The suggestion to fix this is to submit a support ticket here. Select I'd like to report a bug from the dropdown menu and fill out the form.

Rare are aware of the problem and are working on a fix, last I heard. Hopefully they'll patch it soon!

• Same happened to me and I have also submitted a support ticket. As a player who is actually happy with the pirate that I choose, I am not sad I am not a proud ginger anymore.

• It happend to me I was playing in adventure mode all of the sudden my character got its clothes removed and hair then I had to put it back on and now I'm stuck with a character with sunburned skin color... I want my old character back but all rare does is let a bot send u its regards nothing will help u it ruined my game experience I invested alot of time in this game got all the special time Event items but now I'm stuck with a character I didn't choose

• @jayne-cee no they said it won't happen again after the patch but the people who had it happen to did not get fixed and if u write a ticket only thing u get is a bot that sends its regards u won't get helped

• @okiku-the-doll

Sorry that happened to your pirate.

From yesterday's Developer Video we learnt that the problem should be fixed, and that they are restoring the pirates of those affected on an individual basis. It just takes time.

If the change to your pirate occurred after yesterday's patch, you should definitely amend your ticket and let Rare know that the problem isn't corrected.

Cheers!

• "As we fast approach the weekend I just wanted to get in touch to state our team are still very much aware that some players are in a state in which their character appearance has changed.

This is something we are prioritising to fix, I'm hoping I have further information to share with you in the upcoming days. "

That is the latest response I received from Rare last week. I have not been given any info as to how this will be fixed or when to expect a fix. Hopefully I have my pirate back this week. It's killed my interest in playing the game.

Views
bug
1 out of 8