Whats Next (A Few Ideas)

• Im loving this update a lot, and its gotten me thinking of a bunch of ideas and old ideas re-imagined:

New Areas:
    I've seen a concept for and Ice area that was really well fleshed out. That would be an amazing addition, plus who wouldn't wanna dress like a viking!
    Maybe a red rock area, or even black sand islands?
    Im hoping to see the map grow to a stupid size and maybe for an easy transport you find an item for the ferryman and he'd transport your crew to different zones (the size of the map we have now would be one Zone "26x26"). However you can still sail to the next zones the old fashion way, and it would change your map to the next zone.

More Tall Tells:
    Much needed addition to the game! Now id love to see more tall tell story lines. LOVED the puzzles and defiantly want more! Same goes for traps.

Sirens:
    Hostile Mermaids that grab onto the side of the ship and waiting to grab unsuspecting pirates, drag them overboard to the depths.

Giant Birds:
    Now that we have harpoons i see this could become a thing. You'd harpoon then to try to hold them in place for easy shots, however they could pull your ship into some rocks. The birds would land on your mast and you could shoot them off or climb up there and fight them head on steel to talons in hopes they dont break your mast. They could also maybe do a drive by and swoop someone up. Many ideas about how they could act or what they could do!

Rouge-Like Ship upgrades:
    These would be temporary ship upgrades that would be lost when your ship sinks. You'd find them randomly in the world or maybe even blueprints that youd return to a shipwright for the upgrade at the cost of planks. Kinda like the Merchant missions asking for wood crates.
    These upgrades could help decrease the time to pull up an anchor or raise a sail. Ship re-enforcement. Maybe even special rarer ones like cursed cannon (small chance of cursing a loaded cannon ball). Would make you care even more about your ship and keeping it alive, cause once its gone so are your upgrades. Food for thought.

Island Random Encounters:
    Some good some bad. Maybe you'll find and NPC giving a quest to search the island for a lost pendent. Rewarding you with gold and maybe cosmetics.
    Maybe youll find a the travailing merchant selling a few exclusive items at a time from his ever expanding store (only way to get his cosmetics and you would have to keep finding him in hopes he i selling that one item your looking for). To learn of his whereabouts you'd talk to your local tavern-keep.
    Maybe a friendly Skellie needing help or maybe even some abnormally larger creatures, looking at you crab. Large snake too maybe?

Curses:
    I like the visual cosmetics and i hope you add more till then ill be using Lost souls Curse. However i was hoping the curses would be an obstacle that would some how hinder you is some shape of form. Making you have to do tasks to get rid of them. However you could have both types of curses! (cosmetic types and game play types)

Pirate Bounties:
    Still would love a player bounty system, But would be difficult to implement when players come and go. Maybe 3 bounties placed on random players and your goal is to kill that person once. The tavern-keep would tell you what island they were last at. Once that player has been killed by another player then the bounty was claimed and the bounty would expire for anyone holding it.

Tavern Games:
    Gamble your money away against other players or any NPC's found sitting at the tables. Black jack and liars dice a true pirates game!

Morningstar Cosmetics:
    Loved the Morningstar set that you got to USE. Saddly you didnt get to keep it but i loved the way you found it in the world. So we need more of that kinda cosmetics that you find in the world ether randomly spawned or in certain locations.

I bet i could keep going so lets just end it here of these few ideas

Views
  • @insanexjok3rx Some pretty cool ideas. I don't know why so many people want some kind of ice area in the game as it would feel completely out of place in the Sea of Thieves world, unless there was some kind of magical passage that takes you to this place similar to the Athena's Fortune. Tavern games would be fun! However, gambling in game currency or doubloons would be horrible for the in game economy. It would introduce gold farming and illegal game currency trading unfortunately. I do think the games could be played for fun or possibly even a reputation that you could earn by competing against other players or npc. I like the other ideas, especially the Pirate Bounties since they were something initially planned for the game in the concept art. Keep up the great ideas :)

• I think most of these ideas is very cool, I would love to to see sirens in this game, if they are ever added I think players could be hypnotized and jump in to the sea and the sirens would drag you away. Gambling is also a brilliant idea, I would love to it added.

• @r-u-g-redz I think "tavern games" could even be an opportunity for a new fraction: so you could get rewarded without getting gold but with new cosmetics instead: the gambling tools. Those could change both your dices, playing cards and even your coin which you might be able to flip for a quick decision, so the whole mini gaming won't feel rewardless... there are so many ways to improve an idea and make it not ruin the in game economy.

• I like the ideas you have I put a post up about tall tales and have a few ides for different quest lines the first idea I have put up is called tall tales sea of the dammed you can have a look if you want I like the sirens idea I have wanted that in the game for a long time and I think the upgrade part could be good cause you could up grade the gallon to a man of war maybe so instead of making another ship you have to upgrade it since rare has wants to put in the man of war for a while now but there not able to yet so upgrading would be a better solution to the problem plus once you have upgraded it from a gallon (4 people ship) to a man of war (8 people ship) you would be able to invite more of your friends plus a man of war is a ship with more levels and has cannons on multi levels of the ship

Views
1 out of 5