Connection Issues as of 2nd May Confirmed by Diego (Rare Community Manager)

• There is word on the Official Sea of Thieves Discord from one of the Rare Community Managers and the message is as follows;

DiegoToday at 21:09
    @here Ahoy, we are aware of server issues at the moment and are currently investigating. We will update accordingly! Thank you for your patience

More information will be updated as I see or any other players sees more information! :)

Also check out the Support Page for more information

Views
  • Thanks. That is much more info than the simple “There are issues affecting services” statement on the support page. It makes me wonder what they mean by “Also check out the Support Page for more information

• Is this why I am seeing the lapisbeard error? Never seen that one before.

• The servers are getting baked by all the new players.

Hopefully it gets fixed by tonight.

• Same problem with every game out anymore, they refuse to spend the money to make sure they have enough servers to handle high loads like this and we, the people who pay them for the game, end up on the losing end of the deal. Just for once I would love to see a game developer do so proactive maintenance.

• @cptnspaulding71 That is the reason :) My client completely crashed and then couldn't get in after that.

• Do you know if this is on both xbox and PC? I was just going to see if I can get on with my xbox but it has an update so it might be a little while.

• It's not just Sea of Thieves, Xbox Live and Mixer are having some issues tonight!

https://twitter.com/WatchMixer/status/1124043872378720257

• @skulliah

The whole internet broke!

alt text

Anyway, looks like the waters here are calming down a little!

• still getting strawberrybeard errors and no idea what that is since it`s not on the list of errors on support page :(

• @cptnspaulding71 said in Connection Issues as of 2nd May Confirmed by Diego (Rare Community Manager):

Do you know if this is on both xbox and PC? I was just going to see if I can get on with my xbox but it has an update so it might be a little while.

Xbox too

• @monty99 Ahoy matey!

This is an Authentication/Xbox issue and as it looks like they too are having issues, you may just need to wait it out.

• @musicmee said in Connection Issues as of 2nd May Confirmed by Diego (Rare Community Manager):

@monty99 Ahoy matey!

This is an Authentication/Xbox issue and as it looks like they too are having issues, you may just need to wait it out.

might as well play Football manager on the PC then head to bed, and hopefully SOT works in the morning

• I can confirm it is affecting xbox as well so I guess no pirate life for me.

• Luckily I was online before the servers had issues. I'm still in the game and it's working fine but my friend is unable to join me. Just fishing and cooking in the meantime. Hopefully he doesn't have to wait too much longer....

• @bkj-seven My friend and I are in the same situation, but I'm the one unable to join, feels bad

• I get Lavisbeard, better go to sleep and hope it'll be fixed tomorrow! :D

• Support site now says "all services are running normally" but I still am getting the lapisbeard error so the support site is lying.

• I too am waiting to get online

• Aye! I to am have the Strawberrybeard Blues

• I keep getting strawberrybeard I hope whatever the problem is gets fixed soon

• They might want to regularly update their support site that claims it's regularly updated because clearly all services are not running normally right now.

• @musicmee said in Connection Issues as of 2nd May Confirmed by Diego (Rare Community Manager):

@skulliah

The whole internet broke!

alt text

Anyway, looks like the waters here are calming down a little!

Sigh - I miss Leslie Nielsen.

• @arsigi Roger Roger, Over Under and stop calling me Shirley!

• Ladies and gentlemen, I have entered the game

• @kanip65 So what you're saying is there's a chance? Anyone know what that quote is from?

• @kanip65 Quick, purchase a lottery ticket before your luck runs out. 😀

• can we actually get some information bcs its been almost 3 h here waiting to play streamers and other ppl are playing tge game some more information would not hurt RARE

• I was in than it gave me the "LapizBeard" Error

• PLS HAVE IT FIX I REALLY WANT TO PLAY BADLY

• @nh-sierra But according to the SOT support site it is fixed so we all are suffering from the same bad hallucinations I guess.

• @cptnspaulding71 yea The Strawwberry beard doesnt exist but it does WAT???????/

• Bombard them with support tickets so maybe they will actually fix it instead of just claiming it's fixed.

• @cptnspaulding71 Support tickets will not help the issue.

• @cptnspaulding71

Everything is fine on Rares end. This is an Xbox issue!

Views
1 out of 63