Pirate Name Giveaway!

• @old-salt-gorg My favorite part has been the tall tales! I've only done a couple so far but they are super cool and I really hope there is gonna be more than 9 in the future

@Razhneh When we gonna do arena XP

• @old-salt-gorg my absolutely favorite part of the Anniversary Update is FISHING!
    It was fun to learn how to catch them and being able to use different baits made us many relaxed hours on the beaches or on board - maybe I ate some of those tasty grubs, too...

• @ParadysePT
    Tall Tales is my favorite part.
    I love the adventures, the lore, the mechanics. It's awesome.

• I'm lovely the vibrant lore based kick that tall tales bring, sure voyages as a lone base of grinding can be enjoyable but it does get tedious, now we're not limited to one voyage at a time if our islands are contested just head else where for now.

10/10 quality of life
    Fishing almost had in for me though.

• Arena & fishing!
    @MigeesFIN

• I'm loving everything with this new update, my crew mates enjoy fishing as we hop from island to island attempting to complete the new Tall Tales story mode which is just so good! However my favorite addition has got to be the new skeleton designs, they just look so amazing! Unfortunately none of my friends use this so I cannot tag anyone :/

• @old-salt-gorg The best part is that we can finally play it :)

• Ahoy there! my name is Captain Pride and i command The 7 Sins.
    The most deadliest and friendliest crew that the seas has ever known.
    The best addition to Sea of Thieves was Tall Tales, all the other updates added so much to Sea of Thieves and now the seas are full of options but now we can live through the stories and not only through the lore books ( which ive read them all).
    But now we get to be there and face the mighthy skeleton lords and traps to reach the shores of gold.
    @slimmwill-uk aka Wrath

• @locky3003
    alt text
    For some it is the Arena, others it is all the new features like Fishing and the Harpoon Guns, but for me? The Skeleton Lords in Tall Tales, finally getting some more lore and direct insight on these characters and who they were before they became what they are. That these previously mute, and rattling bonemen now finally speak, have thoughts and ambitions of their own and getting to encounter them directly in the game - it's very exciting!

For me, the magicks and the mysteries surrounding the undead have always been my main interest, The Order of Souls bounties were the voyages I directly did, while Gold Hoarders and Merchant Alliance progression came from piracy and looting the precious coffers of other crews' hard labour.

I even created the name of Captain Gloombeard for myself; familiar, yet different, thematic and memorable - hoping to one day sail as an undead skeleton captain or even a lord upon the Sea of Thieves, with me and my crewmates having some form of skeleton cosmetic which changes our appearance as we sail out from The Wilds and terrorize other waters upon our dreaded vessel, The Wailing Banshee!
    With the new Cosmetic/Vanity Chest category of curses which already offer us the visage of Order of Souls mystics, gilded Gold Hoarders and even the ghastly eyes of Mysterious Strangers - I am certain that there is hope in the future!
    alt text

• @PotterSauce fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Catching all the fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But seriously, dude. Fishing.

• The new fishing mechanic is really cool, along with the addition of all of the other types of food that has been added. The new tall tails quests are really fun as well, makes the quests a lot more enjoyable. @maliciousmug

• Gotta be the fishing, liking the chill it's bringing back to the game after a day of skulduggery on the open seas :)

@mr-dragon-raaar

• Easily my favorite part of the update are the puzzles and traps added in. They make the game feel much more involved, and offer instances where teamwork really pays off.

• @old-salt-gorg My favorite moment was traveling around the seas with my crewmate @henninos on the mission with the star signs. That moment when you finally get the riddle solution :-D

• Favourite would have to be the Tall Tales music and cut scenes, they did an amazing job with it great work, it really adds more character to the game. @TiliquaRugosa

• Tall tales love the story/adventure @creepyweirdguy2

• @old-salt-gorg said in Pirate Name Giveaway!:

Ahoy, Pirates!

We're kicking off a special giveaway to celebrate this week's Anniversary Update launch!

Keen to win a signed print of an original pirate name based on your own, conjured up by our Creative Director Gregg Mayles (who also gives all Rare staffers their pirate names)?

Tell us about your most favourite part of the Anniversary Update and tag a crewmate in the replies below to enter! We'll select five random winners by 4pm BST tomorrow.

Best of luck!

alt text

Congratulations to @Peinturelure, @Gloombeard, @P0LISH-PRIDE, @TargasBR and @Ferhat-Noor, you're the lucky winners of this giveaway! We'll be in touch to get you a suitable pirate name bestowed on you by Gregg Mayles himself so keep an eye on the Forum Private chat.

Thanks to everyone who entered! It was great reading about all your favourite features. Glad you're having fun with our Anniversary Update. :)

• @old-salt-gorg Thank you so much! I'm so glad! If I could send you baguettes via postal ways, I would do it right now! ♥

• Congratulations to the winners!

• WOW!

Thanks @Old-Salt-Gorg! Thanks Rare! Thanks ye all!

• To all the winners. I raise me tankard to ye!

• The thing I really love about the update is how you listened to the community! We asked for a PvP based game mode, and we got it!
    The person I want to tag is:
    @BlueTurtleBoiii

• @SirCrocodile1 My Favourite parts of this Update are the new introduced dynamics and the Arena is a very good training for Team Communication and PVP train.
    And the Tails for The Game Lore, are very good, and so much intersting

• @HintShotGames Tall Tales Quests

• @old-salt-gorg said in Pirate Name Giveaway!:

@old-salt-gorg said in Pirate Name Giveaway!:

Ahoy, Pirates!

We're kicking off a special giveaway to celebrate this week's Anniversary Update launch!

Keen to win a signed print of an original pirate name based on your own, conjured up by our Creative Director Gregg Mayles (who also gives all Rare staffers their pirate names)?

Tell us about your most favourite part of the Anniversary Update and tag a crewmate in the replies below to enter! We'll select five random winners by 4pm BST tomorrow.

Best of luck!

alt text

Congratulations to @Peinturelure, @Gloombeard, @P0LISH-PRIDE, @TargasBR and @Ferhat-Noor, you're the lucky winners of this giveaway! We'll be in touch to get you a suitable pirate name bestowed on you by Gregg Mayles himself so keep an eye on the Forum Private chat.

Thanks to everyone who entered! It was great reading about all your favourite features. Glad you're having fun with our Anniversary Update. :)

I cannot believe it, after all this time, after so many attempts I actually win a Rare giveaway - and one that isn't just a piece of cool hardware or other trinket but something much more fun, and directly connected with this awesome Universe!
    I can't wait! Thank you for the opportunity and the treat.
    alt text

My crew and I on The Wailing Banshee have already celebrated today by assailing Sloops, Brigantines and Galleons of various sizes and crews of repute. Tall Tales have indeed given a fresh breath of air and newfound purpose while still engaging in emergent events and gameplay.

Life goals? Pfah, PIRATE GOALS!
    Giveaway Win - Check
    Gloombeard for Skeleton Captain/Lord - Pending
    Gloombeard for Beard-error message in the game related to something disastrous - Pending

alt text

• The best part is how you can vote for a tall tale, set out to sea and just end up fishing instead. @Gstar9421

• @old-salt-gorg Fishing took away my life!

• @Old-Salt-Gorg My favorite part of the update is a fishing.

• @Old-Salt-Gorg My Pirate-Wife @Rock a Bibbi (i don't know why i can't tag her correctly 🤷🏼‍♂) and I, we love the Magic you created with Tall Tales, they give the Game a completely new spirit. Please keep up the good work.

• @DonPabloEscobr So far the experience has been amazing, but my favourite part of the anniversary has to be by far the fishing experience, it is a MUST have feature and i'm glad that it was added to the game.
    @Old-Salt-Gorg

• @Old-Salt-Gorg My favorite part is tall tales. We needed a good campain and we got it. I loved the hungering deep too but this is just amazing.

Views
272 out of 275