Shroudbreaker Failed Totem Lost

• A few friends and myself were attempting Shroudbreaker. We were also hunting down the 5 journals. One of our crew had to leave us and after a while and we were on a brigantine. We ended up getting a random third crew member. We were on Xbox and I assume this person was on PC. This makes it difficult to communicate at times. We tried to communicate that we were after the journals but I dont believe the message was received. This new crew member shot himself towards the next island on the Shroudbreaker quest as we were headed to the last journal. Not too long after this crew member left. We manage to find the last journal and soon after that we received a mission update, however it was informing us that we had failed and it had claimed that the totem had been lost. I'm just looking for answers to avoid this issue in the future.
    Is it possible this third crew member sabotaged us? Is the entire server in a race to complete these missions before one another? What caused the totem to be lost?
    Any answer would be appreciated as I don't want to have to run into this issue again if its avoidable.

Thanks

Views
  • dont't know if you are still watching this, but i suspect they sold the chest it was in, had this happen to me...

Views
1 out of 2