Arena "No Penalty for leaving?"

• So ive been playing arena for a while now, around level 15 atm. I would say 60% of my matches I get teammates that quit because the boat sink or because they are frustrated. I am asking for myself and many others, why there is no penalty for quitting? Give people a 1% less money and exp earned each time they leave or something that keeps players from doing this. The quitting ruins the gameplay for alot of people. I know you can report them for this through the xbox app, but it doesn't really feel like it helps.

Views
  • @kaptein-hawk bump

• You don't penalize people for playing your game.

I'm okay struggling on a galleon by myself, in my experience, random help is inbound.

I intend to finish for the four digit payoff and rep gain.
    Quitters just waste thier own time, not mine.

• @kaptein-hawk i have only played arena a bit but i already have been hit with being stuck on a gallon alone. i usually just try to dig up chests or do drive bys til more help comes along. so id say just do your best when put in these situations. seems like usually some ships leave and the contest only has about 4 ships fighting so even if you try just a bit you can likely get in that top three for the silvered captains achievement.

THAT SAID i would like to hear if others are experiencing people afk on their ship. i had a guy named something like bob the raeper just sitting on my gallon not doing anything for three matches. was a hugely lame because hes getting rep/coin off my back and hes blocking a spot from someone who can actually come in and help. maybe was a fluke tho.

• You have to look at it from a difrent angel.

Lets sa you joining a game and it 19min left of the game and your ship has 0points and a pirat that dont know anything driving in the red sea... would you stay????

• @xxizgreenxx said in Arena "No Penalty for leaving?":

You have to look at it from a difrent angel.

Lets sa you joining a game and it 19min left of the game and your ship has 0points and a pirat that dont know anything driving in the red sea... would you stay????

@Kaptein-Hawk

Someone might stay depending on what the penalty is for quitting. Also, in the most recent Dev Update (May, 15, 2019 starting at approximately 3:10), Joe Neate discussed looking at a system for discouraging quitting, which I assume means there will be some sort of penalty. Hopefully, any penalty for quitting would also include AFK.

• @little-squash

Penelty is the wrong way to go i think anyway...
    25min is a match. And thats a long time.
    I have quited the match when im starting in the middel of the match with 4 enemys onbord spawn killing the entiryr ship of 2 or 3 players. Then i quit ofqurse.
    When i start a game i want to star from the begining not in a game whid 1 or 2 players onbord that dont know how to do anything. . I dont want to waste my time with that.
    Beter penylty the ones that spining in cirkels

• @xxizgreenxx
    On the other hand, if there is a penalty for quitting, then less people will quit and it will make it less likely that you would join a match in the middle. Then you would almost always start a match from the beginning.

• @little-squash
    I think we can disqus this over and over and tweek it both ways. :-)

You will always have levers.
    Like today.
    I started arena and it took me 5min to figur out that 3 ships wher in a alians. The diden shot one canonball. The wher sitting at the outpost...but when i was going for the ship that had chest onbord then they came for us and only us.. So ofqurse it will be quiters.... always...... maby they could make new players after every match to prevent aliance in arena

• @xxizgreenxx
    New players each match should definitely happen.

See this thread for a bunch of my thoughts on that:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/92163/arena-tavern-waiting-time-improvements

• Trying to force me to sit on a ship with a racist, fowl mouthed little 12 year old troll who keep dropping the anchor, by penalizing me for quitting is less likely to cause me to stay in the session and more likely to quit sea of thieves all together.

No, this is not a hypothetical example. I have also had Athena 10 legends dropping anchors repeatedly and ramming ships into islands.

Setting a penalty will bury open crews worse then they already are. Right now you go in knowing it’s likely to be a disaster, but a chance to work with new players. By adding this good players simply will never play open crews.

• @isaacvictor you are a necromancer sir or ma’am this post thread died out months ago and you awoken it from the dead which is against forum rules.

@Deckhands could you do the honors ?

• As this thread was 3 months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
10 out of 15