What's up with Briggsy's health?

• She died under a minute the first time I tried it. The second time I did it with a different crew and we were hitting her for half an hour with nothing to show for it. First time was with a sloop, second time with a Brigg

Views
  • @seanethermore The difficulty depends on the crew size. On a Brigantine she really was a challenge for us yesterday and I love it! :-)

• @darkmore111 I am not sure if the skeletons are scaled according to ship size or not but I do know the megs are scaled according to ship size and not crew size which is not how it should be in my opinion.

• Guess I'm slooping from now on because that was a ridiculous increase in health.

• We fought Briggsy yesterday with a full crew of 4 people. While I can understand that she'd have a bigger health pool then a skeleton lord and I love that she has enough health at least to have her mechanics show up a couple of times.
    But we took what feels like hours to bring her down and a fight should never drag on so long. A small health nerf would be nice.

• Same here. Just tried it with 4 competent pirate legends and the first attempt was about 40 minutes of combat with about 50 direct hits from the cannons on the boat. Then we tried to reset her by scuttling the ship and coming back with a ton of powder kegs from a fort. Same story though. We did planetary-extermination levels of damage to her without progress. Eventually we just gave up for the night.

If it's not actually a bug then that's crazy. Not sure how Rare could expect a regular crew of PvE-type players to be able to beat her. We sank every ship we came across tonight and we play for the PvP, but I'm dreading having to try and do this quest again. Which is ironic given how the PvE players on the forums/reddit claim to live in terror of folks like my crew; meanwhile we're beating on this skeleton for hours and hours until all supplies run out, and we're all whining to go back to the safety of PvP.

• @largejeans This is what happens when you have a bunch of people who play games almost constantly and tell rare that the bosses need to be a lot harder because they think everyone has as much time and skill as they do and rare listens to them instead of the players who they should have listened too.

• #FeatureRequest I think all of the Pirate Lords could benefit from having an on screen health bar, so we could tell how much life they have left.

-Edit-

Thanks for the upvote but I now like the idea of a visual degradation of Briggsy(and other pirate lords) as she takes more damage. Its more work for the graphic artists but better than an on screen health bar.

• @cptnspaulding71 said in What's up with Briggsy's health?:

@largejeans This is what happens when you have a bunch of people who play games almost constantly and tell rare that the bosses need to be a lot harder because they think everyone has as much time and skill as they do and rare listens to them instead of the players who they should have listened too.

Try not to be too negative. Rare can tweak the health and it's fixed. I can totally understand that balancing this is difficult, too little health and it becomses just another skeleton, too much and it's like this. That's wat tweaking is for.

@phantaxus said in What's up with Briggsy's health?:

#FeatureRequest I think all of the Pirate Lords could benefit from having an on screen health bar, so we could tell how much life they have left.

That would be less emersive tho. I like not knowing what the health is. Currently Briggsy creaks and cracks when she's low health so you can hear how far she's along.

• @hynieth Not being negative, just stating a fact.

• I take it briggsy is from tall tales? I wasn't an insider and my crew only fished and cooked last night!

• Aye, she's the boss from the second tale. The first one that I've run into with unique abilities. It was a fun fight aside from the eventual frustration which ran us out of the game due to attrition. Otherwise I'm incredibly happy with the update and the new boss fights!

Again however, my crew are the type of players who play all day and hope for things to be difficult. I honestly just think that the encounter can get bugged out. If it is working as intended, maybe she can be changed to stop spawning waves of skeletons after she's already done it a couple hundred times?

• @hynieth

Perhaps she would benefit from visually degrading as well as creaking every so often. He shell gets more and more tattered and slashed the further you get to give some sense of progression and eta of completion.

• @largejeans thanks, hopefully it's just a bug that rate will fix sooner rather than later, my crew and I are not the best at combat and would hate to not be able to progress through the tales due to an overly difficult boss fight

• @seanethermore try to guide her near the beach where your ship is and use ccb...sleeping or dancing balls, works fine

• @hynieth said in What's up with Briggsy's health?:

@cptnspaulding71 said in What's up with Briggsy's health?:

@largejeans This is what happens when you have a bunch of people who play games almost constantly and tell rare that the bosses need to be a lot harder because they think everyone has as much time and skill as they do and rare listens to them instead of the players who they should have listened too.

Try not to be too negative. Rare can tweak the health and it's fixed. I can totally understand that balancing this is difficult, too little health and it becomses just another skeleton, too much and it's like this. That's wat tweaking is for.

#FeatureRequest I think all of the Pirate Lords could benefit from having an on screen health bar, so we could tell how much life they have left.

That would be less emersive tho. I like not knowing what the health is. Currently Briggsy creaks and cracks when she's low health so you can hear how far she's along.

The lord is easy to kill, just make sure you lure him to the range of the cannons of your boat ;). We were hitting for 10mins, after that, lets just lure him to the boat, and we killed him in 2 minutes with cannonballs. The lord isnt really hard, just play smart my friends!

• @mentimjojo From what I have read people saying it seems like there are times where briggsy is near impossible to kill, I have done it 4 times and going for my 5th right now but it seems like there is some issue causing the difficulty to be too high for some no matter how smart they play or how good they are.

• @cptnspaulding71 said in What's up with Briggsy's health?:

@mentimjojo From what I have read people saying it seems like there are times where briggsy is near impossible to kill, I have done it 4 times and going for my 5th right now but it seems like there is some issue causing the difficulty to be too high for some no matter how smart they play or how good they are.

Well its half true, the lord becomes harder with a bigger crew, so its a easier boss with only 1 man, and way harder with 4. But yeah, maybe there are issues, i did him twice, and both we killed it easyily with cannons and smart play.

• @mentimjojo said in What's up with Briggsy's health?:

@hynieth said in What's up with Briggsy's health?:

@cptnspaulding71 said in What's up with Briggsy's health?:

The lord is easy to kill, just make sure you lure him to the range of the cannons of your boat ;). We were hitting for 10mins, after that, lets just lure him to the boat, and we killed him in 2 minutes with cannonballs. The lord isnt really hard, just play smart my friends!

It's not about playing smart. We led her to the edge of the island and blew our entire stock of canon balls and cursed balls on her and she simply would not die. We blew her up with gunpowder barrels at point blank and she would not die. When I was in a sloop I just hit her with a sword for a minute and she was dead.

• smash that dude with a cannon. he wont last long - sounds like you got some kinda glitch there

• @largejeans I feel like maybe she was bugged as I took her out in about 15 seconds as a duo brig crew. Never died or even had to heal. She felt too easy to my wife and I.

• Maybe it is bugged, maybe they but the wrong numbers, but I know that:

Against 2 people she is extremly weak.
    Against 3 people she is Thanos. To kill her we had to use 2 cannons + 1 sword, hitting continuously to prevent her from healing with a superbanana while we were praying that she would not use the explosive attack. We think she can heal 100% her life when she eats.

• Brah, ya'll don't even know, lol... Last night was my first time playing the new update (despite being an insider), and we ended up doing this mission. We were on a Brig.

When we got to the boss I am not kidding you, after 30 minutes of shooting guns and yielding cutlass hits I was like "#$@! this". I had stopped at a fort before we even started the tail to load up on fruit and powder kegs, so I just started having my team roll the kegs in. Five kegs later - still nothing. So then I pulled the Brig around to the little beach front by the giant bone structure in the water and readied the cannons. We probably put about 30 cannonballs (direct hits) on her and nothing...!

She then did her Sonic Boom move next to the boat.... and O Lord... In one single boom we took 3 holes in the boat, lost both masts, 2 bars on the capstan, and 3 handles on the wheel! It was at that point we just sat on our boat and just kept unloading rifle and pistol shots into her for about 50 additional hits. I noticed that when you shot her face she would most often cower down or make sounds of pain. So we all just aimed for only her face and within the last 50 shots she finally died.

I was honestly wondering for a while there if any of the other damage we were doing was even hurting her, but she kept eating bananas, so i know all the cutlass, kegs, and cannonballs were doing damage. Anyhow, was still fun as heck!

• Briggsy fell in under 10 seconds, no joke. My friend and I slooped our way to her location at the same time another sloop duo did. They took the brunt of her attacks as well as the attention of her minions. I didn't even get hurt! We got her skull 1st and left them in our wake. 😂

Seems to me that an alliance is the way to do this.

• I did it again in a solo sloop. She died and it felt well balanced.

• Just killed her yesterday night in a 3-man brig.
    It was as tedious as others have said here. It brought us to some frustration and anger so I think the difficulty spike is a little too much for "large size crews".
    I still need to test Briggsy with a sloop but I think a tweak is needed there. No need for it to be a huge tweak, but there is definitely something here that doesn't felt right.

• Same thing here, solo sloop was 1 gunpowder barrel plus some eye of reach headshots and later on about 3-5 cannonball shots and I killed Briggsy. Yesterday I was on this tall tale with 3 men brig and we used like 50+ cannonballs 2 gunpowder barrels and lots of shots form the pistol/eye of reach to kill her, all of that didn't do much to her as she kept eating bananas.

So here's a tip that worked for us. 1 crew on the cannon, 1 on the harpoon (yes the harpoon!) and 1 close to her with sword/shotgun. If you constantly harpoon her she seems to not take much damage from it, but it prevents her from eating bananas and using her skills. Briggsy was killed in under a minute while doing this. Hope this helps for others having a challenge 😉

Edit: I tried the harpoon on random spawning skeletons, takes about 3 or 5 harpoon shots and you actually kill them with it! Did not know about that.

• Two months later...

...Briggsy is still nigh-invincible if you're on a galleon. This HAS to be a bug. I've never encountered any situation even REMOTELY this difficult and frustrating before. I feel like the devs are somehow just reading the posts from the sloops who say the fight is easy.

Please, Rare... for the love of God. Please take a look at balancing this encounter so a crew of friends can actually beat this single skeleton in under an hour. AN HOUR. It's absolutely astonishing that this happens. It took every scrap of joy and fun out of the game for the entire evening as we fruitlessly beat our heads against a stone wall.

• Yup. Just did Briggsy for the first time today with a crew of 4. She took literally 30 minutes to put down. We used all of our food stores and all of our cannonballs on her. It was the most tedious and frustrating thing I've played in a long time. It's gotta be a bug, and if it's not then the devs need to have their heads examined.

• Que merd# de missão , esse bosta desses desenvolvedores fazem a merd# e nem se quer jogam a merd# q eles fazem , são uma doença para os jogos , missão é impossível de se fazer com mais de três player , invés de ser um jogo divertido ele fica estressante ...

• I had same problem the other day. I wonder if it is to do with constant sustained damage? I got the sense the time it took a long time that we had gaps between the damage we put on her. Also I do wonder how much damage the cannons were doing sometimes.

• Just killed Briggsy and it was frustrating as @#%&!! We all were raging! And were just about to give up.

Took 3 of us on a brig what seemed like hours and we had no idea if we were getting anywhere or if we'd missed something obvious.

Some kind of indicator that you are making progress please Rare. A health bar, a sequence of animations... Something, anything!! Please.

Doesn't make me want to ever repeat that chapter. Otherwise enjoying the tales.

Ps yes we encountered some greifers, but they didn't last long at all.

• yeah healthbar on pirate lords would be nice, especially on those with more phases aswell.

• As this thread was over a year old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
33 out of 34