Need help with the Cursed Rogue Tall Tale? - Check out here! [Spoilers Ahead]

• Does Briggsy Regen massive health or reset if someone in crew dues or she is not struck within so many seconds? Our crew spent what felt like thirty minutes to defeat her. This became well beyond fun and was just pure frustration. I don't know who ate Rare thinks a one phase, bullet doing boss fight is fun buts it's not. At least is she had a health bar you would know how much damage she was taking and if she was getting reset. If Rate had given the fight some different phases, like at fist it's just her and mobs, then she starts adding the burst and then finally it's no mobs and her bursting more regularly. Something that simple, although would prefer something more creative, would still give players some idea of how far along they are or are at least making progress. Also, if they are going to let her eat/heal then I hope this is on a proper scale (banana is a banana) and not a percent of her overall pool - banana recovers 20% of her entire health pool which means if she eats one banana a crew has lost ten minutes of effort.

Whatever the case, this boss is not fun and lime most things Rare does, seems good intentioned and then someone decided to dump a pile of grind on it because they think that is the same as longevity. Frustration and boredom never equates to longevity bit actually has the opposite effect.

• @lnin0
    Try her solo sloop. The more I your crew the more she becomes a damage sponge. A full Galleon is the hardest. Also, bring Gunpowder Barrels and rotate suicide bombing her to keep the pressure on and get more damage in. She only regens when she eats, but I don't know the %, figure about 30-40 hp since that's how much it heals you, but she starts with 500? 600? 1000?

Initially as solo I could keg her and hey 5-10 blunderbuss shots and down her. I know they've buffed her since, but supposedly rebalance her for brig/gal crews.

• Hey all, me and my brother just bought SoT and just have to say we're LOVING every moment

We realised we must complete a whole chapter of a tall tales voyage before logging out of an evening or progress won't save so last night when I got back from work we completed the Shroud breaker the first part! Finding the scarab totem and doing the puzzle with the room filling with water was adrenaline pumping hehe but then we went to Plunder Post to hand it in and so we did then he told us to go to Madame Olivia at Plunder Outpost now we were already there so thought great! Went there to try accept the next part but it was still locked? We are both totally confused and logged out frustrated thinking now have we actually gotta complete the Shroud breaker 5 times? To unlocked the next part surely not? We do not mind but time is limited we do not understand what we done wrong! Please help us someone

• @strawbreelive
    You should only have to do Shroudbreaker 1× to unlock the Cursed Rouge, then Cursed Rouge to unlock the next 3.

Check your Tall Tales commendations and make sure it has you completing Ch1 at least once. If you went to M Olivia immediately, it may not have shown up yet, but will likely be okay the next time you play. Did you get the 3k gold?

• I finished the Cursed Rogue once already. But I am currently working towards completing it 5/5 times. The book to start the Tall Tale will not respawn at Plunder Outpost. Is there something I am doing wrong? (P.s, I have been constantly checking for the pass 3 days)

• @r0ugem0ng00se Ahoy matey!

Do you not see the book in Madame Olivia's tent at Plunder Outpost?

• Hello, so i started the cursed rogue adventure and played the skeleton key part got the key. I go to the chest part and then my friend suddenly joined the party. After that I couldn't see any skeletons or hear any conversations. I suppose it bugged out? I tried to go of the island and come back again, logged of and tried again but nothing happens. Today I started the quest fresh from start and now I can't even see the key guys, they do not spawn. I am stuck. Help!!

• @nymph9840 said in Need help with the Cursed Rogue Tall Tale? - Check out here! [Spoilers Ahead]:

Hello, so i started the cursed rogue adventure and played the skeleton key part got the key. I go to the chest part and then my friend suddenly joined the party. After that I couldn't see any skeletons or hear any conversations. I suppose it bugged out? I tried to go of the island and come back again, logged of and tried again but nothing happens. Today I started the quest fresh from start and now I can't even see the key guys, they do not spawn. I am stuck. Help!!

I have a similar issue but it started even before a friend joined mid way. I've tried five times now but it won't appear
    Please help

• Hi, I'm working on finishing up the commendations for this quest, and all I have left is to beat it once more, but there's an issue. I've had the same results 3 times, I'm no longer getting the compass so I can't finish the tall tale. I give Olivia the two items, and she tells me what to do, then that's it, it's not in my map radial like it should be.

• I was trying to complete the Tale by returning Briggsy's skull. After I handed it in and as the person was talking and playing around with the skull some other pirates sunk my ship! Just as the ship sunk both me and my crew mate got disconnected and didn't get the commendation! Do we have to do this tale all over again? Please say it isn't so!

• Just like BloodHawk1991, this happened to me as well, I've completed this twice and I don't get the compass to pick up and it's not in the radial wheel like people have suggested when I press E (or Q for that matter) for the radial dial to come up. The journal is there but nothing else. I think this is a bug. I tried earlier in the week and now today. I guess you can't complete this anymore.

• @blancanales I actually got it a couple of nights ago. I had a friend join me, and start it. It finally worked when he was with me.

• Three times today I turned in the spyglass and star map...never got the compass from Olivia... fix this please!

Views
1 out of 48