Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update

• I would have loved this update even it it was the Tall Tales alone. Rare you have done wonders with this content and I commend you for a mostly smooth sail!

A few bugs still remain. Look sensitivity on PC while fishing is still through the roof. It doesn't settle down until you see a fish.
    And you can't take a fish off the line while below decks. At least not on a sloop.

Luminescent fish give Athena Rep? NICE.

• @thekingofthis50 said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

Looks like another flop. Too many known issues that make the games update virtually unplayable for PL10s...so once again the diehards get ×××× on. Not like we need the nautical mileage or anything...you'll never deliver on new content for PLs. Too busy fixing all the bugs caused by adding cosmetics and aesthetics. The harpoon needs to be able to be cut. Its too unrealistic. Why even do an update if you have issues with it at launch? Didnt your Pioneer group test this one, or was it just said to pacify players in the meantime like it seems to be the case on prior updates.

uh oh, we got ourselves a complainer

• @thekingofthis50 I mean, there is nothing specifically for PLs, but that doesn't mean nothing was delivered. Fishing, Tall Tales, Arena, Cooking etc.
    This is an update that will satisfy me for the coming months. I absolutely disagree that this update is even close to being bad. It sounds like your misplacing your anger 🙁

• In the anniversary edition of the game it is bundled with a sea dog cosmetic set. Is this the same set you can buy from the outpost or an entirely different one?

• @gordy908 Ahoy matey!

These items can be purchased at the outposts so there isn't anything too special about the items if you already have the game or gold.

• @thekingofthis50 said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

Didnt your Pioneer group test this one, or was it just said to pacify players in the meantime like it seems to be the case on prior updates.

If you're so keen on providing feedback, sign up for Insider's and help. It's open to everyone.
    The game isn't unplayable. Don't exaggerate.

• @musicmee thanks dude. A huge help I couldn't find information about it anywhere

• Wouldn't launch on my wife's PC. Currently redownloading and hoping it works. Anyone else have trouble with the update?

• @m1sterpunch I have the same Problem i get the title pic / black screen /window closes and i tryed everything from support and othe things that are here on the site and still nothing, i even made things in the dos window but still nothing and reinstall it 2 times.
    Rare fix it.

• My friend and I went to fight a ghost ship while we were in a sloop. We were a brand new ship with lots of stocked up supplies. The ghost ship continued to pound us with cursed cannon balls that didn't allow us to fix our mast. We could not move, because we couldn't use the sails. We hit them with so many cannonball but they didn't appear to sink any bit. We were not able to stay on the cannons because every hit would knock us off. This kind of battling I feel has gotten way to difficult because we sank so fast even with both of us repairing. We couldn't even run away.

• How long do the arena battles last? Is it play to a time limit or total points, etc?

• @tostie14 24 minutes per battle though joining a match by itself can sometimes take 30 minutes.

• @tzazikiofdeath said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

@m1sterpunch I have the same Problem i get the title pic / black screen /window closes and i tryed everything from support and othe things that are here on the site and still nothing, i even made things in the dos window but still nothing and reinstall it 2 times.
    Rare fix it.

same problem here.. great update!

did you guys get it to run ??

• @thekingofthis50 If you hit the harpon launcher with either cannonballs or a bullet (unsure for sword), it will release the harpon. It's pretty easy to do honestly. It just don't work on the rope itself but it works on the harpon launcher...

• While looking around the different shops in Adventure mode to see what's been added, I noticed a few oddities. Perhaps these are intentional but I thought I'd point them out just in case they're not.

Weapons: Grand Admiral and Imperial Sovereign Cutlasses have been added but not Ruffian Sea Dog or Castaway Bilge Rat.
    Equipment: Glorious Sea Dog set has no drum or fishing rod.
    Clothing: Glorious Sea Dog set only has hat, jacket, gloves and hook.
    Legend Hideout: Legendary Spyglass has been removed from the shop, so is no longer available.

Many items previously only available at specific outposts are available everywhere, for instance the Kraken and Ocean Crawler sets.

Many of the Glorious Sea Dog items are named differently, for example Pistol, Sniper Rifle, Telescope instead of Flintlock, Eye of Reach, Spyglass.

• @themoonrover42 I suggest you make an actual ticket for that so it's not missed by the devs...?

• First of all, thank you for this update! It is a great job from Rare and I love it so much!

I have a question: until when are we going to be able to play the story mode that this update introduces?

• @sakeroner Forever and as many times as you want. You should also get somewhat different missions every time until you came across all the different variants.

• I noticed yesterday that the Legendary Shipwright no longer has the pirate Legend Flag or the Athena flag for sale anymore. I was always buying the new cosmetics and got a little behind but I just need this flag and the figurehead to finish out my old school legendary boat livery. Any ideas on if this is a bug or if they will be coming back?

• @freddykrug ahoy! Thank you so much for this info!

• @holy-diver-xvi said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

@tzazikiofdeath said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

@m1sterpunch I have the same Problem i get the title pic / black screen /window closes and i tryed everything from support and othe things that are here on the site and still nothing, i even made things in the dos window but still nothing and reinstall it 2 times.
    Rare fix it.

same problem here.. great update!

did you guys get it to run ??

Re-downloading and installing from scratch worked eventually.

• Servers are back up but can't start session with a closed crew. Keep getting Bronzebeard error.

Edit: Just saw the tweet and tried again. All is well!

Fair winds folks!

• Servers are not allowing me to even get past the title screen. I keep getting the error code (Strawberry Beard)

• @thekingofthis50 I’m diehard PL10 and I’m having a blast. Lol that you still think ranks mean anything.

• Still no fix for the mouselock bug introduced by this patch. Extremely disappointing.

• @iisrgntwolfii said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

@thekingofthis50 said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

Didnt your Pioneer group test this one, or was it just said to pacify players in the meantime like it seems to be the case on prior updates.

If you're so keen on providing feedback, sign up for Insider's and help. It's open to everyone.
    The game isn't unplayable. Don't exaggerate.

we did test. we did give feedback. and there is still a pile of bugs that remain.

the fact that the arena map colors don't match the colors of the ships in arena, is just embarrassing. one arena I had three purple's on the map... and not one purple ship.

and the single bucket water duplication bug still exists saddens me.

and I'm sure hit registration issues are a sore subject for everyone. sigh.... it's still a thing.

hopefully streamers start complaining or using these bugs because that is the only way double gunning got patched out after we reported it for ten months

• Yesterday my brig crew and I were on our journey to reunite two poor souls for some ghost Netflix & Chill when Karen showed up (yeah) and some skeleton galleon decided to interfere. After Karen was done playing we decided to have a talk with that skeleton crew but instead of fighting like real … uhm … pirates, they chose to throw themselves on Cannon Cove like a beached whale. We didn't fall for this trick and tried to send them back to the sea via powder kegs, sadly to no avail. At some point in a fingersnap the entire ship turned to dust. Free booty, no complains, I guess.

As we leave the island we saw another skeleton galleon and decided to give it another try. Once the skeletons noticed we are coming for them they decided to put the pedal to the metal and beach themselves at the nearby active fort. But if they thought we wouldn't clear a fort for their booty they were wrong. While fighting skeleton waves and waiting for the next magical fingersnap a sloop chased by a brig came around, accompanied by Megan. To make a long story short: A pile of booty including an extra mega keg from the remains of the brig and two Crates of Ancient Bone Dust from Megan in addition to the fortress vault and the beached wannabe whale. thumbs up

Sorry I got carried away. What I wanted to say was: please give those skellies some steering lessons or bring back some helmsmen that were fired/retired with the last update!

• Biggest issue I am having wit the 2.0 Update is the game constantly crashing on my xbox one X during adventure mode and playing tall tales.
    Game will freeze and buzz and will crash. Happens every half an our or so.
    Raised a support ticket

• @xraylexx sagte in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

Biggest issue I am having wit the 2.0 Update is the game constantly crashing on my xbox one X during adventure mode and playing tall tales.
    Game will freeze and buzz and will crash. Happens every half an our or so.
    Raised a support ticket

We had no crash since we made tall tales OR voyages, not both together...try that out

• Could we posibly address the issue of players being able to steal tall tale items and not being able to get anything for it? I say make it steal able and worth money or not steal able because it's worth nothing.

Also, the fact that halfway through the legendary storyteller the voyage would say key lost tall tale failed. Is there an actual reason or is that a glitch?

• @xofroot-loop said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

Could we posibly address the issue of players being able to steal tall tale items and not being able to get anything for it? I say make it steal able and worth money or not steal able because it's worth nothing.

Also, the fact that halfway through the legendary storyteller the voyage would say key lost tall tale failed. Is there an actual reason or is that a glitch?

I've come to realize that the following is most likely the reason:

1. If items were worth Gold then people would just repeatedly get items, sell them then restart Tale to farm Gold. Also, camping would become even more of a problem with players specifically looking for Tall Tale people to steal items for the Gold value.

2. The reason the items CAN be stolen is if I am on the same Tale as you, or even one I can start and use your items, then that reduces the time I would need to do that Tale. So Pirating your items in fact saves me time AND gets me advanced in the Tale. Just like when Indiana Jones stole the Golden Monkey, gets out of the cave and gets it stolen.

So yeah, I agree that can be frustrating but realizing that is the Pirate way just makes those Tales even more of an adventure

• @braxkedren I read somewhere that only the crew that started that tall tale voyage can cash in that specific tall tale item. Another crew even if they steal it and have the tale active, it will disappear and despair after a certain distance from the chest or from the crew I think. Not 100% sure on this though.

• @xofroot-loop said in Release Notes Discussion 2.0 - Anniversary Update:

@braxkedren I read somewhere that only the crew that started that tall tale voyage can cash in that specific tall tale item. Another crew even if they steal it and have the tale active, it will disappear and despair after a certain distance from the chest or from the crew I think. Not 100% sure on this though.

I don't know on this. I know several people that have stated they have stolen the items from others and turned in to complete the tale...but maybe they were spinning their own tale

Views
59 out of 68