Jewelry - the final frontier of pirate customization

• I feel the only thing we are truly missing from being able to customize our pirates fully is jewelry. It’s classic pirate, And I feel we need to raise it up the flag pole for Rare to consider adding soon. What do you think?

Views
  • Jewelry AND Smoking Pipes.

• ye golden earrings

• Agreed only Jew
    Ray we have in the game is a tattoo set. Necklaces, earrings , nose rings, smoking pipes would be a cool idea though.

• Love it! Would be great if you could find jewellery in chests and actually wear them too, although I would be happy just purchasing in shops. Earrings, medallions, rings, gem encrusted belt buckles.. Would be awesome :)

• Totally agree. I like @Capt-Niteshade idea of making jewellery an item that you can find in game! That would make every piece feel really special. Like jewellery should!

• @viperishemu2992 yeah, that would be awesome if you could collect them from a list while you were out exploring, and if you had already found that one or if you didn’t like it, you could sell it for gold.

• I think jewelry items should be added and they should follow the theme of the islands. When you are out doing voyages you can happen along the jewelry or find items and turn them into the clothing shops to unlock them. Such as a mermaid themed pendant that goes over any clothing item.

Themed jewelry for doing different achievements. So many skeleton kills unlocks a bone necklace. Die so many times to a skeleton unlocks a bones braided into your hair. Kill sharks to unlock a shark tooth necklace.

You can honestly make hundreds of jewelry and cosmetics based of simple scavenger hunts or find by exploring. Why Rare didn’t do this from the beginning in a game that rewards cosmetics for progression is beyond me.

• @k1lroyw4sh3r3 ah, I like that a lot. A physical display of your achievements. Almost as if they replace the title system to make your titles more cosmetic than just silly text over your head. That would be awesome.

• @clayboy828 yes I’ve played from day one and that’s honestly my biggest disappointment with this game. When I learned you work hard for a title only to go above your head and you can only display one possibly giant wall of text I was bummed.

Pirates would collect trinkets or keepsakes from their voyages and wear them. Sure you rank up and buy cosmetics linked to the guilds. But once your pirate legend you can purchase it all so there’s no showing off your adventures. The story you could tell about how getting that last flintlock kill on a opposing pirate got you the “Bloody Pirates Flintlock” after 250 flintlock kills.

Even achievements that reset on death could add that sense of hardcore without making it to hardcore of a game. So for your example of jewelry you could get “Volcano Embers” smoking red rocks that go in your beard. To get it you need to dig up three chests from a gold hoarder map on an island that’s erupting without dying.

This is what this game needs.

• @k1lroyw4sh3r3 completely agree. I hope the fact that we don’t have something as basic as jewelry already in the game means that they are hard at work on something awesome like that.

• Loving all these ideas now, if this doesn't become a thing at some point in this game I will be very surprised, and a little sad...

• @capt-niteshade aye I would love to see something like jewelry added. I’d Johnny Depp my pirate to the worlds end. Would give players even more things to do without adding to much complexity to the game as they would just find the jewelry or unlock them just be going on adventures.

• It doesn’t hurt that jewelry is already shown throughout the concept art

• Lots of really great ideas in here. I'm sure they have considered jewelry as an option since it's heavily featured in the art book. I'd say it's only a matter of time.

• Totally agree. But we need the ability to name out ships also.

Views
1 out of 16