PVP in Sea Of Thieves ?

• @ruigtand-nl dijo en PVP in Sea Of Thieves ?:

@el-kape

I play adventure mode i dont need pvp..

Ok, its your way to sail... but dont forget you are on a PvPvE game, you are going to PvP sometimes no matter you dont want to. Same at inverse, you dont gain gold at a good rate if you only do PvP If you want to advance fastly, you must seek for balance, you may not trust me, but that depends of the conditions... if there are a lot of players trying to have the most treasure on board on your server, ok, is a good idea to only seek for PvP. If I dont see any ship on the horizon, I make my own PvE treasure, If we watch a ship, we may return for the treasure later.

@Goedecke-Michel
    Ok, but you cannot board an enemy ship when you are on a smaller ship, if someone dies, the percentage of loosing crewmates is higher.
    The best solution is to check the water when the ship is "At the bottom of the Sea!"

Your point may be good for Robin of Locksley crews, having a crew with nice fireguns accuracy and sword reflexes is the best style for most people, since all us never played a navigation game where you must control the ship by all the team.

My point is this: We are finding that all the Naval Combats are going like this: Boarding, boarding, boarding... I dont say its bad, its very good and effective... if you have 1 pirate on ur ship is a really problem.
    So, here is the proof: this was a very good try to board and kill.
    Its on spanish but it doesnt matter to watch what is happening.
    The name is "No! not in the face!" The Returning. Helping poorly pirates with senseless faces.

• @el-kape sagte in PVP in Sea Of Thieves ?:

@Goedecke-Michel
    Ok, but you cannot board an enemy ship when you are on a smaller ship, if someone dies, the percentage of loosing crewmates is higher.

You can board them even as solo player, but you don't need to. Nevertheless, your style of combat must fit your crew.
    If the fine tactical fight doesn't work, the maximum brutal simple solution has to be used, fire, ram, board. But it is the most boring and riskiest. :)

• @goedecke-michel Welcome to Sea of Thieves

Ran into one of you last night, calling out that we were not very good Pirates, what a fool!

We had a shipload of treasure, so we out sailed them, and dropped off a person every time we sailed by a port with a piece of treasure. We eventually sold all our treasure, while they totally failed at their mission.

We were by far the better pirates

You do not get to decide the goals of another player, his goal was to sink us, our goal was to sell all our treasure, we succeeded at our goal, he failed at his.

After we sold the treasure, we turned and attacked him, and sunk him while he called us poor pirates.... he failed at every turn, failed to sink us when we had riches, and failed to fight us off when our goal changed.

This is not only a PVP game, but both a PVE and PVP game simultaneously.

We love people that do not seem to understand that they do not set our goals, only their own. We succeeded at ours at every turn, and they failed at theirs, at every turn.

We play to our strengths, we rarely board, we out sail them, and sink them and deny them being able to board. We do not mind if the chase lasts an hour or more, patience we have, and we love to frustrate them.

p.s. and then they come here, and complain that it isnt easy enough for them to be a pirate, ROFLMAO

Views
37 out of 38