Game killer

• Hello there!

I’m really new on thuis forum and game. Coming from the netherlands, and i’ll do my best to speak and write good enough english during playing the game and on thuis forum.

I’ve experienst all kind of very cool moments, chats, voyage’s and crew’s!
    And i’m complete hooked on the game. Playing first solo but know mostly open crew.
    The few moments that i really can fully enjoy playing this game by having a nice crew and voyage, are olmost not enough to keep on playing open crew or game at all.

First to get started with a Nice crew is almost 0. Than i start floating the boat (whitout crew) towharts a ilse when i started over 3 times a new game to get a crew onboard that stay’s. Than finally i have i crew and we are on our voyage. We get spotted by other players. The start bombing the boat. Half the crew leave other half try to survive.
    Then boat sinks, respawn with new crew or no crew at all! I’ll set sail and o ya why not same boat that sinks us moments ago! Yep they shoot again all there cannonballs but now killing everybody and save the boat! We respawning on the boat 7 times because they are on our boat waiting for us and kill us over and over again.
    Now i’ll try to play a guest or whatever for almost 3 ours but stil i am on the ferry of damend or outpost while leave the game, start it and get hit, sink or died over and over.

This is so ******** for playing or starting.
    For now this happening to my almost every day i play the game.

Views
  • @amandatheoku14 hey man i here you. if you need a crew im usually on and ready to help new players. Gamertag is LonePineapple44

• I hear you to man. I often have the same. But I guess thats the risk you take when you choose an open crew.

• @AmandaTheoku14

Lots of jerks around, but if you manage to find a server without toxic jerks it's fun, even solo.
    You need to know that open PvP is part of the game and there is no balance in this sort of sandbox game.
    A premade galleon crew of experienced players that play together for long and know each other and the game will allways dominate.

Best you can do to have less frustrating PvP moments is to become part of a crew or a fleet what organizes to have allways enough players to build a crew.

At least you need a friend or two to duo sloop or (wo)man a brigantine and go for whatever you want.

Soloing and random groups need thick skin and lots of luck to meet the right people. I gave up on this very quick.

The game is beautiful, outstanding, can be a tense experience , very funny and all that, but without the opposite and tears there is no salt in the sea.
    So we all need these bad happenings from time to time to appreciate our next success.

Have fun sailing and groetjes van keulen :-)

• @amandatheoku14 Ahoy there,

Aye, playing with open crews can be a huge risk, and to be completely honest, most of the time you're going to be disappointed.

But, sometimes you can strike gold on open crews. I've been playing since day 1 with a set crew, and we all met on the seas, either in an open crew or just a random encounter, and we've been playing together for over a year now.

You can find established crews to join right here; https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/category/51/find-a-crew
    Or, if you think that joining groups with hundreds of members is a little too much, feel free to message me next time you're on the seas. Me and my crew are always lookin' for new pirates to join our adventures.

• Voel je vrij om me toe te voegen misschien kunnen we eens samen varen :")

• @bugaboo-bill

1 van de eerste nederlanders die ik tegen kom. Haha

• @amandatheoku14 Open crews are a joke, I believe xbox game pass is a big reason for this. As others have stated, every once in a while you luck out. Many times I’ve completed multiple forts solo and right before cashing it all in, I change options to Open Crew and let a random person join and cash in with me.

• I completely agree, I quit after a few days. Fell in love with the game 100% but the community is absolute garbage, it’s what the company wants tho. Drama strikes interest in the weak minded and dull.

• Finding nice crewmates through the open crew system is really tough. In my experience, most of the players are really unfriendly, or just plain idiots. I usually play with friends. If you don't have friends who play Sea of Thieves, try to find some friends on the forum. There are some really nice people here who are also looking for someone to sail around with.

Veel succes, laat de moed niet zakken! Als je niemand kan vinden zeil ik wel eens met je mee ;-)

• Last few days looks like to seen that this type of playing, attacking a ship, take the loot and than repeatly killing all the crew. Most times counted over 50 times respawn by 2 people on a brig! Now when tis happens, i’ll make a little video of gameplay. Make notes of there names and profile’s. And report them that the playing onfear.

Hopefully iT brings somthing or let anybody just think about this

• This is way too common a reaction from brand-new players. They immediately assume the game is rotten, because they jumped into an open-crew game with little idea of what to expect.

May I suggest checking out the official Discord? By now, every sailor worth their salt knows joining an Open Crew is the biggest risk you can possibly take.

• @amandatheoku14 I've played hundreds of hours of this and it can be very frustrating, you either get aggressive crews chasing you or nice crews running away, but they are out there I promise.

I got lucky when I started playing when you could ONLY do open crews, so I had to but found a great bunch I still play with now. If I was starting afresh now though I'd recommend getting involved in the community (looks like you are a bit already) and trying to find crews who need another person / a new start in various forums, xbox/online clubs and discord servers etc. Make the contacts with people out of game and you'll have more chance of finding good ones who suit your needs. I've made friends in game that I now see outside of it, hang in there.

Nowadays open crew is generally a joke as sadly most sensible people have already found enough players. Soloing is pretty tough these days with the new AI threats and it's going to get harder with some of the new upcoming features. Reach out and you'll find nice people :)

• @amandatheoku14

Also, if it's a horrible server, quit and start another. It's much easier and quicker in the long run and if you've sunk then you don't stand to lose much anyway.

• @amandatheoku14 said in Game killer:

@bugaboo-bill

1 van de eerste nederlanders die ik tegen kom. Haha

Ik wist niet dat Keulen in Nederland lag ;)

Anyway, there is a Dutch discord as well (please note I have never used Discord): https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/25794/sea-of-thieves-nl-be-discord-for-dutch-speaking-pirates

I've been lucky most of the time joining a party in the Xbox app if I need a bigger crew or want to do something specific such as achievements.

• @amandatheoku14

Most play sessions do not play out the way you've described, so in a lot of cases it may be easier just to log on to a new server so you're matched with a different set of people.

It also gets better when you've gotten more experience with the game and have a better sense of awareness and understanding of game mechanics.

Also, don't play solo until you've got some experience under your belt. Its the most common rookie mistake. Everyone wants to start out solo, but that is 100% the hardest way to play.

• @blam320 said in Game killer:

This is way too common a reaction from brand-new players. They immediately assume the game is rotten, because they jumped into an open-crew game with little idea of what to expect.

May I suggest checking out the official Discord? By now, every sailor worth their salt knows joining an Open Crew is the biggest risk you can possibly take.

But an Open Crew is the most rewarding experience right? ;) perhaps they could change the “Crew size is maintained, ensuring you have the most rewarding experience” to “press A to join our official discord to have the most rewarding experience”

Views
1 out of 17