Deckhand DHG IXxRMACxXI is stepping down - let's all say thank you!

• Ahoy!

We have some news to share.

As of today Riley, who many of you may know as @DHG-IXxRMACxXI on our Forums], has chosen to step down from his role as a Deckhand and will no longer be active within the community in that capacity.

Riley has been a pillar in the community since joining the Forums, and this has continued during his tenure as a Deckhand both here and on our official Sea of Thieves Discord.

Throughout our Technical Alpha, launch and the year that's flown by since then, Riley has been there flying the flag, supporting both our team and the community alongside his fellow Deckhands to make sure our Forums and Discord remain awesome, friendly and welcoming to all.

It goes without saying that Riley's ongoing contribution to this community will be missed, but at the same time, on behalf of Rare, we'll be forever grateful for what he's helped us achieve in that time.

Please join us in saying a big thank you to Riley for his time and effort in being an invaluable member of the crew!

alt text

Views
  • You da man Riley! Nothing but respect for all the dedication put in from the Deckhands.

• @muse986

Where to start.... I remember when @DHG-IXxRMACxXI joined the forums, a long long while ago, and immediately jumped in to help fellow pirates, participate in discussions and create those famous meme threads.

He worked tirelessly and was utterly devoted to ensuring the Pirate Code and forum rules were adhered to but in a way which endeared him to the Community.

I was so glad I had the opportunity to meet with him and the other Deckhands at Rare.

He'll be very much missed, but I wish him the very best of luck, love and adventures in all that he does in the future!

Thanks for the memories!

• Aw man. I remember Riley from back when the game had only been released to the first group of alpha testers. We were both crazy eager to get into the programme and we both did! Shame to see him go, but nothing lasts forever. May the wind be on your sails wherever you go @DHG-IXxRMACxXI !

• @DHG-IXxRMACxXI You and I were made Deckhands at the same time and I remember how excited we both were! Seems like a age ago now :D I know we are all sorry to see you go but remember, your skelly captain will live on (killed him just the other night! lol) I hope you pop back to catch up with us from time to time and wish you well in all your new adventures! Huzzah!

• This community would not be the same without you @DHG-IXxRMACxXI! Your dedication to these forums and the official Discord are next level and something to strive for. Thank you for being such a great role model of the Pirate Code while also being an awesome dude who knew how to have fun. Your work hard, party harder attitude will serve you well in your next adventure!

• @DHG-IXxRMACxXI Farewell for now my fine Canadian-pirate friend.

While you might not still be "here", you will never truly be gone and your legacy will continue. You've been such a positive influence on our community, particularly in the early days, and for that we are greatly appreciative.

Thank you, and fair winds.

• @muse986

Thank you so much Riley (@DHG-IXxRMACxXI) for everything you've done over your tenure. You, along with @lizalaroo and @KattTruewalker were one of the first names I'd instantly recognise around here when I joined back in the Technical Alpha's. I wasn't very active at the time because my Xbox was having issues loading the builds, but I'd always lurk around and read your posts.

We never really interacted that much, which is okay! This is a big community after all. I'm thankful for your efforts and fair winds to you!

• Thank you!!!

• Thanks Emma, my fellow Deckhands, Mods, and the entire community for being so amazing over these past few years. The game and community has grown so far fast from when it was just a few devoted forrummites enthralled with playing the game for even the smallest amount of time. The journey has been incredible and it wouldn’t have been the same without each and every one of you, so truly thank you all so much.

Again thank you Rare for the opportunity and for creating this amazing game and community that has built so many memories and friendships.

Sincerely,

Riley
    🇨🇦

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi Sad to see you go! But i wish you the very best. May the seas be with you! The sea can be somewhat treacherous!

• @muse986 Thank you!!! I remember your help very well from when the pioneer programme begun!!! I raise Grog to u cheers 🍻

• The Deckhand Discord won't be as lively or colourful with your absence. Your shenanigans will be missed but this isn't farewell, we will keep in contact and when I come to Canada I will seek you out.

Thanks for everything!

• @DHG-IXxRMACxXI I want to wish you the best of luck in what's to come next in your journey! One thing is for sure, your amazing contribution to the community will never be forgotten.

• @DHG-IXxRMACxXI Ahoy! I always liked all your mega thread for suggestions (edit : sorry me matey, I just saw that I confounded with @KnightX13). You're the first one I sent my first PM as I was a bit lost at the beginning on this forum.
    I hope we'll see you there! Cheers!

• Take care and thank you for everything!

• @DHG-IXxRMACxXI im sorry to hear you are stepping down! You have been an amazing inspiration for the community!

I remember when we all first started in the alpha days and were playing all sorts together! Will hopefully still see you about

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi
    My dear Canadian Forumrocket , i will always remember how quickly you conquered our Hearts , contributed on almost every topic or comment written and for that you were rightfully selected as Deckhand...As Deckhand , you , together with all the other Deckhand ruled the Forumwaves untill the Pirates started to outnumber the Deckhands by thousends ...That is a situation no one can maintain...So many postings to read , answer and in the worst case moderate...Every person has a limit to what he or she can give. And i fear that your rocketfeul has been used to the last drop...Rare , you should be aware that the Deckhandload is now being spread over 7 Deckhands. When the Forum was not as massive as today there were 13 (!) Deckhands .This is not going to end well or do the other 7 needs to become burned up?...Deckhands as Mr Rmac and all those that already stepped down are valuable people. Mr Rmac , i wish you very Great adventures on many other waves or ...on our Sea of Thieves Waves as well...We may be totally different people , since you are smart and i'm not but that doesn't mean that i have not enjoyed and respected your and any other Deckhand hard work...But every person has a limit ...Take a rest but remember , if you want some dumb fun , then you know my adress ...i salute you , Sir and i hope you are well...

• I hope he gets to keep the sails!

• @muse986 aye cheers to her we'll miss him as a deck hand

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi said in Deckhand DHG IXxRMACxXI is stepping down - let's all say thank you!:

Thanks Emma, my fellow Deckhands, Mods, and the entire community for being so amazing over these past few years. The game and community has grown so far fast from when it was just a few devoted forrummites enthralled with playing the game for even the smallest amount of time. The journey has been incredible and it wouldn’t have been the same without each and every one of you, so truly thank you all so much.

Again thank you Rare for the opportunity and for creating this amazing game and community that has built so many memories and friendships.

Sincerely,

Riley
    🇨🇦

I hope whatever voyage life takes you on next leads to success, thank you for steering the course of the seas captn!

• @DHG-IXxRMACxXI nooooooo... Say it aint so! It really will not be the same without you here.

Wishing you fair winds and good sailing from this side of 🇨🇦.

• Well !! thank you

• @DHG-IXxRMACxXI farewell!

• @codename-jenova heyyy btw!

• @major-iris hey old friend!

• My game doesn't get past the black splash screen since the update, and the devs won't respond to my tickets

• Hi @futalose. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your game. Saldy this is not the appropriate channel for you to indicate that you are having problems. The Sea of Thieves Support site is a weath of information and you can file a ticket if you don't find a solution there. The link is as follows: https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb. Best of luck.

• Thank you for all that you did for the community @DHG-IXxRMACxXI! You were such an awesome person to work with and a joy to meet in person the few times we did!

Best of luck with everything R dot!

Booooo Fissure! (Who, has retired from Overwatch ... funnily enough!)

• I know I'm late. Just wanted to say thanks for all the effort. 🙂

• You can't stay dry forever, landlubber! The sea will always be a callin.

• Thank you very much, @DHG-IXxRMACxXI, for beeing one of us. Hip Hip!

Views
28 out of 32