Better Character creation or editing?

• I have been playing this game a year now. One of the things I was sad was the character creation or in this case "character picking". Most of the characters aren't that nice looking(sorry for those designed them).

I joined the insiders and I had to pick a new character... I found a character that I slightly liked more than my current one. Which got me thinking about this topic again.

Maybe you really should have allowed players to create their own characters from the start. Right now if you want a new character you need to start all over again from 0. I'm almost at 50 and I don't want to start again! Maybe later give all players a change to design their characters? Either create a full new character creation mod(or what ever it is) or give people a change to pick themselves a new character without starting all over again.

That is something I would really want in this game.

Thank you for your time! Have a nice sailing!

Views
  • @tatara94 A highly requested subject :D if anything we should at least be able to change our characters.. it took a while for us to be able to change their hair let alone their whole form lol.

• I'm all for changing our characters, but I like the preset system as is because pirates were never meant to be pretty - they were dirty, grizzled, hardened, worn, etc. The selection system forces your pirate to generally have flaws of some kind or another. Without it, we'd have far fewer older and/or fatter pirates too.

• I'd for sure love the option to redo my character! I'm all for more customization freedoms but I totally understand why they designed it the way they did. At the very least, I would like to see the option to pick a few categories, so I can at least narrow it down.

Race

• But then everyone would then just look the same. The one thing I like about this game is how everyone actually looks different and unique.

• @trenix90 no they would not look the same as people have different tastes.

• Well I think it fits the goofy comical type of a game, but i do think we should be allowed to re-roll once we achieve certain levels or goals

• @kraken-slap said in Better Character creation or editing?:

@trenix90 no they would not look the same as people have different tastes.

People have very similar tastes, way more than you think.

• @trenix90 yes, but we don't all have the same taste, which highlights what I was saying.. we will not all look the same.

Most players don't even realise that you can refresh the pirates or that they will not be able to change their character which. You should at least be able to choose a different pirate from the random pirate generator.. wait.. random? oh yes so that also means that they will not all look the same since it's random lol.

• @galactic-geek Yes, but I am sure that lots of the fatty pirates must now regret their character selection because they must have not realized how it would bring them to a disadvantage. They probably did it for fun or to mess around. I think, as a "fatty" pirate legend 10 and with all of my experience in game, we should at least get one chance to re-roll. I got the game via gamepass and made a fat character just to joke around, but now I regret that because I never knew how much id love this game. Now I can't even hide on others ships without being seen! I think that if there would be a lot less fatty pirates on the seas if we get a character reroll, that's probably because they regret picking their fat pirates.

• Fat pirates are actually balanced - because hitbox size is the same across the board, they're actually harder to hit (you can look like you're hitting and still miss), but in turn they're easier to spot. The opposite is true for smaller pirates.

Views
10 out of 11