(Mod Edit)

• This guy joined us as we went to a fort. We finished it and looted it all. As soon as all of the loot was on the ship he blew up all of our barrels and then left the game. I'm a pirate legend and had 2 new guys with me that I was showing the ropes. New people won't feel like playing the game if there are toxic players like this on the seas, in our own crew.

Views
  • If you have a problem with a player, report them. However, doing a forum name call-out is breaking forum rules.

• @nabberwar personally I think there should be a page where toxic behaviour gets called out with a list of gamertags. I like the fact that I see this name and can avoid the person. But you know censoring people is cool too I guess. funny cause irl you do some shady stuff ppl talk and then you don't get hung out with. Should be the same here honestly as that is plain greifing . He is not calling out another player on the sea, he is calling out a clearly toxic player, but you konw whatever "it's a pirate game" right

• @keen0 imagine if SOT had salt mines like in friday the 13th. where toxic and reported players that grief their own teams just end up getting put in the same server with each other all the time except in friday its for quitting game early alot y

• Ahoy there @KEEN0 like @Nabberwar before me already said I advise you to edit your post realy fast. It's against the forum rules to call out people and start witch hunts.

Witch-hunting and Call-Outs
    Posting gamertags or screenshots of conversations in order to name and shame community members is not allowed on the Forums. If you believe a post or thread violates community standards, please flag it for moderation.

If you believe a player has been toxic in the game, you can report them to Xbox Live here. You can also submit a support ticket to Rare Player Support.

Topics and posts with this content will be locked, deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Please consider reading the forum rules and welcome to the forums.

Also @p0pc0rnH3MER01D that's kind of already the case. If you see such a player blacklist him/her and you won't be grouped, eventually they will find eachother. But yeah GTA has a system where really horrible people get grouped together so why can't SoT have it.

• @p0pc0rnh3mer01d

Posting gamertags or screenshots of conversations in order to name and shame community members is not allowed on the Forums. If you believe a post or thread violates community standards, please flag it for moderation.

You can hold whatever opinion you want, however that's the rule right there.

He is not calling out another player on the sea

That's kind exactly what he did, and it breaks forum rules. I'm all for its a pirate game, but this is the forums rule.

• Ahoy.
    You have also the option to close your crew so random people can't join.
    I don't even know whats worse... blow things up or name and shame. It's definitely against the forum rules to post 'toxic' players names in the forum.
    Cheers

• @p0pc0rnh3mer01d said in Iconik Smooth Xbox Gamertag:

@keen0 imagine if SOT had salt mines like in friday the 13th. where toxic and reported players that grief their own teams just end up getting put in the same server with each other all the time except in friday its for quitting game early alot y

And how did that work out for them? I stopped playing not too long after that was added, but I didn't see a difference before I left. Good idea (even better name for it) but they (of course) couldn't even get that right... That game had so much potential...

• @p0pc0rnh3mer01d Funny, how this works like charm irl. Life ruined by gossip and rumors is a thing that has yet to occur. We also know about the mitigating effect of the anonymity of the internet. Not having to look in their victims face is what holds people in check, right?

• @keen0 Ahoy me matey as @Hynieth said above

If you believe a player has been toxic in the game, you can report them by following this link. You can also submit a support ticket to Rare Player Support.
    Topics and posts with this content will be locked, deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.
    Please consider reading the forum rules and welcome to the forums.

Views
9 out of 10