New PL Blunderbus is not very Practical to Use

• I really like how the blunderbus for the 1 year anniversary looks, but it just isn't very mechanically practical. The glare and glow the skull has when you aim is way too much and gets in the way. The chains look nice, but when you compare it to any other blunderbus, it blocks a ton of what's in front of you. It would be really nice to tone down the glare and glow with the skull, and to have the chains not take up so much room in front of you.

Views
  • Style has its price. It's like wearing heels. You might not be able to survive a zombie apocalypse, but you'll look fantastic right up until they eat your brains. It's the sacrifice we make to be fashionable.

• It doesn't need to have a price. This isn't like the real world, where wearing an eyepatch will make you see with one eye and lose your depth perception, this is a game, where you can have something cosmetic and still have it not effect you mechanically. What other cosmetic items in this game have drawbacks for using them? Should the Pirate Legend hat emit a glow that's always on the top of your screen? Should the castaway Bilge Rat buckets have leaks in them that make you have to bucket longer when draining your ship? Should wearing a pegleg make your walk speed slower? Fixing the PL Blunderbus is only a few changes to the model, and it shouldn't just have these problems with it stay for the sake of a "price that comes with fashion," something that only this weapon model would have.

• @goldhusk1 The glow at night could be toned down a bit but the chain is honestly fine. This weapon doesnt require precise long range shots.

• The Forsaken Ashes pistol and blunderbuss have the same issue with glare. Some other weapons have various protrusions or uneven surfaces or whatnot that make aiming a bit wonky. It's not a big deal. If you like it, you use it.

• @starquest I have compared it with other skins of the blunderbus, and this one in particular covers up the most out of the ones I've went through. I understand that this is a close range weapon, but it still counts to have as much vision and knowledge of what is happening in front of you. Also, it is a bit hard to stay in focus and locked onto your target when you aim down the sights and have more of the middle of your screen taken up and an obnoxiously bright gem in your face, after that part of the screen was likely dark or calm.

• @genuine-heather I do like it, and I do want to use it, but I don't want to have these issues and mechanical disadvantages literally staring me in the face every time I do use it.

Views
1 out of 7