Why do Q and E on keyboard work diffrent now?

• I don't really understand why this was changed.
    So as most of you know on PC/keyboard if you hold down Q it opens the Item Radial and with E it opens the Map Radial.
    And if you press these buttons shortly, Q did equip the latest Item you had equipped and E did the same with the last Map.
    But now it somehow changes the last 2 equipped Items on Q but also on E it changes to the last Map and also the last Item???
    I am confused about how this compleetly works.
    But why did it change at all? Is it because of the keyboard and mouse support for Xbox?
    Maybe it's just because i don't get how this new way works, but i really dislike it :/
    What is your opinion?
    Does someone know why this change was made?

Views
  • Not sure about before but that sounds the correct way.

I’m playing on xbox and whilst i’m delighted to finally get kb/m i really hope they’re tweaking this.

Coming out of barrels, weapon box, dialogue or releasing wheel, sail etc .. should all use same key.

F R. X. Esc
    That’s four keys to pretty much do the same thing

It’s confusing me using a different key every time want to release or back out.

• @missblack95 No idea why this change was made but it surely is frustrating. I was used to pressing Q or E very shortly and getting the item I wanted in my hands. Now I'm doing it to fast and it doesnt switch weapons. Sometimes I try to slow down a little and it fails 3 times in a row..

• @missblack95 said in Why do Q and E on keyboard work diffrent now?:

What is your opinion?
    Does someone know why this change was made?

I believe it is a bug, and I dearly hope they fix it at their earliest convenience.

• Yeah I get this on my Xbox left and right bumpers. Super frustrating, please fix.

• nice to see it's not just me having issues with it :)

• @cpt-d4rk5tar said in Why do Q and E on keyboard work diffrent now?:

Not sure about before but that sounds the correct way.

I’m playing on xbox and whilst i’m delighted to finally get kb/m i really hope they’re tweaking this.

Be prepared for disappointment as they seem to ignore issues with keyboard/mouse controls.

• I too am disappointed. Q should only affect the item wheel, E should only effect the map wheel. I grew very familiar and very proficient with that system. New way is messing with me.

• Yeah you are 100% correct. This is a bug that got into this patch and needs to be fixed. It is very annoying when in fast paced situations. If i were you, I would report this as a bug on the SOT website. I will do the same as well. If everyone puts a ticket in for this bug it is bound to get fixed. The more people report this, the more the devs will take action.

Views
1 out of 9