RED ALERT: Sword Combat has become even worse now as of this new patch!

• I would agree that the new sword system needs some changes.

STUN
    I mostly have a problem with the stun. I have had multiple time were I would be swinging my sword and the enemy would be able to reload their gun. I would die cause they could reload while I was hitting them with the sword and shoot me.

I CAN KILL ANYONE
    I know every time they change the combat there is some getting use to it to be good. I just feel like when I am using the sword I am desperately trying to kill them but there is a way for them to run away?

BLOCKING HAS LITTLE BENEFIT
    You can swing so fast that it doesn't mater if you block.

• So, there's an exploit that allows infinite swings and it's not being seen as a major issue (or is this also being discussed on the forums, elsewhere, that I haven't seen? Entirely possible since I've not been around as much as usual). (I don't mean that to be snarky at all, I mean it as in - this is a very serious issue/mistake that needs to be gone ASAP)
    I hope reports and tickets have been filed.

On the whole of swordplay... I've been biding my time, patiently playing with it before I formed a strong opinion on its current state.
    As much as I love being able to move quickly while swinging (especially against PvE), I have to admit that it has destroyed the balance of offense vs defense in swordplay and has made swordplay no where near as fun as it used to be. It's made it far more reckless, random, inconsistent, and (in my opinion) less fun (because you used to be able to be smart, defensive, opportunistic, and have a back and forth - a dancing combat - as swordplay should be).

The big problems are certainly (besides fixing that item-switch glitch to gain infinite swings without delay):
    Movement speed while blocking and DASHING is now inferior to simply moving while attacking (that's terrible).
    Blocking radius is far more easily overcome by attackers.
    Even charges seem less useful in the current iteration of swordplay.

I always wonder how many people that claim today's swordplay is better than the original swordplay actually engaged in swordplay, as opposed to double gunning it while they could.
    The changes made to guns are FANTASTIC. I believe they did that exactly right.
    I do wish they had left sword to see how that played out, before (or instead of) tweaking sword as well.
    I don't think most people knew what swords were like before the changes. And now they still don't.

Anyway, I'm not saying to tear it all down or that Rare is incompetent. Mistakes happen. I'm just calling it as I see it and trying to express that respectfully.

Also, MAJOR thanks for making those videos @Crafek !! The extent of that problem needs to be understood and fixed ASAP.

Views
36 out of 37