Colour Scheme Idea

• Since the game came out I've has this thought and it still feels relevant, it does have some issues but I wanted to see what people thought of it nonetheless. So RARE has been introducing several new items since the game's release and that's cool and all but it takes a lot of work to keep pumping out cosmetics for a game that revolves around that. I've seen some interesting ones that I thought of buying but never did, and 99% of what keeps me from buying a tonne of the items I see is that I don't like the colour scheme. From the beginning of the game I always thought there should be an option when you buy an item, or maybe even an option that you could change at any time, which would allow you to change the colour of the item. For example, there's the ceremonial admiral pistol let's say, it's red and gold, you could simply pick a different colour for the red, and one for the gold, it would literally only be a change of hue so it would be easy to implement (and take that from someone in game design). This would make the game feel as though it has a drastically larger variety of cosmetics when you can just change the colours where you want to. Now I know what you're probably thinking, there's one blatant flaw with this, there are already some items in the game that are simple reskins of other items and people have paid gold for those, so to just add a colour change option would mean they wasted that gold, assuming they bought more than one variation of that item model. And that is definitely a problem which I can't honestly say I know a solution for. Still, I figured I'd see what people think of the idea.

Views
1 out of 1