Golden Shores & new enemies speculation

• From the mega update webpage:

Master the art of fishing from shore and from ship, hunt animals and monsters for their meat and cook up delicious (or occasionally poisonous) food.”

Says hunt “monsters”. Could mean the megladon and kraken.

Don’t get comfortable on land either! New and terrifying foes arrive in Shores of Gold – figures arising from legend, packing deadly surprises. Even simple exploration comes with additional risk thanks to traps that must be carefully navigated to avoid disaster. The Sea of Thieves can be a perilous place for the unwary…”

This piece is most interesting. I believe Shores of Gold will be a brand new region of the map and Rare is keeping it a secret for players to discover. I think it will be similar to Worlds End from PoTC, a mythical place not viewable on the map at first. The Tall Tales will probably lead us on this journey to find it.

It also flat out says new and terrifying foes which would correspond to the brand new Hunters Call Faction. I’m calling this now, this is a brand new Monster Hunter style faction. It says it involves hunting and fishing and cooking.

I am super hyped to see what type of new enemies we will face and what the Shores of Gold turns out to be.

Also love how they mention there will be Indiana Jones style traps and dungeons. We need a little gold idol Easter egg lol.

Views
  • Sounds like it's time to break my Hunter of Lost Artifacts title back out.

• Good eye friend, good eye

Views
1 out of 3