Official Sea of Thieves Developer Update: March 20th 2019

• Ahoy maties!

It only seems like a week ago since I last said... Its that time of the week again! Doesn't it come round so fast!

And this time its Sea of Thieves' Birthday!

One year since launch! Joe's here with more detail on the flood of new features coming in the big Anniversary Update on April 30th, plus of course the celebratory goodies we're adding today.

Talking points include;

• Year One Anniversary - Players will receive these over the next few days!
    • All players who played during year one will earn a cutlass!
    • A set for those who achieved Pirate Legend in the first year.
    • New Mercenary voyages - Shores Plenty, Devils Roar and Repears' Mark voyage!
    • A gilded voyage for Legends too!
    • Golden sailor hat and cannons are in the store in the store for 320 gold coins get them before the 30th April update!
    • We Shall Sail Together launched get it in your music stores or streaming service now!
    • Xbox Chatpad, Mouse and Keyboard Support!
    • Combat Tweaks - No issues with sprinting with a sword!
    • Mercenary Cosmetic sets have now been released to the game!
    • Anniversary Announcement Trailer has now launched!

Biggest update ever! A glimpse of what is coming - Between then and now there will be some live streams to get involved with:

• April 10th - Arena
    • April 16th - Hunters Call - Fishing & Cooking
    • April 23rd - Tall Tales - Crafted narrative and story! A tall tales trailer is coming!
    Views
  • @Musicmee Thank you for this buddy 😊.

• 320 gold... grumble unplayable... grumble

• @xcalypt0x 203 ? :)

• @musicmee Looks like Joes going to be breaking the NDA in those streams! Reported 😂

Then again he’s no stranger to leaking things before they release 🥴

• @musicmee said in Official Sea of Thieves Developer Update: March 20th 2019:

@xcalypt0x 203 ? :)

IKR!! Silly me for being 200 IQ and assuming it wouldn't be 320 because you guys aren't American and do it the wrong way!! It's 20/03/2019 for Rare.

If only I was smart enough for that excuse to be believable 😂

• @xcalypt0x so what you're saying is, you want the cannons and hat to both cost 20,032,019 gold? I don't know, seems a little excessive to me.... ;)

• @musicmee I am so excited for April 30th! The Tall Tales looked amazing just by the little snippets we got. He actually opened a chest with a key! Mind Blown

• @lord-pharqwad An openable chest... But look at that key!

• @musicmee popping out of a compass looking thingy lol maybe 2 pieces?
    Time cant pass quick enough! I have to know

• Looks like Jon has been kidnapped by Joe for his impudence.
    Troubling times.

• @vorondil1 Well that would make them quite Rare lolol.

• Man I’m sooo hyped!! And Mateys look at my new avatar, I’m loving this guy! I hope I can fight him someday!!

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEA OF THIEVES! I love this game and you guys are awesome developers, Here's to another amazing year!

• Has anyone been gifted the year one sword, I’ve gotten everything else

• Pet crab confirmed??

• @the-zackdaddy sagte in Official Sea of Thieves Developer Update: March 20th 2019:

Pet crab confirmed??

it´s the Crab who is always in the trailers, hes a running gag. so not a confirmed pet , sorry

• BUG REPORT: after today's update, I noticed that I cannot quick select the last map I used (tapping the E button / right bumper I think for console) after having used a shovel. It's very strange and surprisingly upsetting. It happens with equipment too (Q button / left bumper) . I can verify that it affects PC and console players. Please look into it, thanks!

• Also don’t forget new gamer pics though not talked about many have at their disposal like me

• @braidedpond9098 Ahoy matey!

There is a slight delay in this one getting out to players. Should be with you by Monday!

• @musicmee how come i have the legendary blunderbuss ship customazations tankard but yet still no sword what gives

• @saskeks oh im aware lol but you never know.. fishing was the running gag for the longest time and now here we are

• Did anyone pick up exactly what Joe said on the outro when pushing Jon down about next weeks outro?

To me sounded like "For next weeks outro norbel service will be using them?"

• @dyfrin I think he said...

"From next week normal service will be resumed!"

• @musicmee
    Yep can hear it now that those words are what I expect, thanks!

• @rokm-sokm-rabbi Found the cause of the bug! it happens every time you sprint. makes sense now

Views
1 out of 27