Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer

• @tre-oni said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

@theunknownd said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

@tre-oni said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

@theunknownd said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

@skulliah said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

I'm so excited for the Tall Tales: Shores of Gold! They are going to be really interesting!! 😁

I am so EXCITED to see this!!! They're adding in dungeons with loot and puzzles, Omg that is going to be amazing.

@fuzzyh1ghland3r said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

@theunknownd it’s introducing pets my bro there be a cat sitting in the chest if ya squint yer eye

I didn't saw that! omg, that's awesome! I thought they said you need to purchase pets.

Nothing about that means you still wont

Yeah, There might be exclusive pets.
    When the game released they said they will make it so we gotta buy the pets with in-game currency that we can get in0game, I'm so glad that they made it so we can get them in chests. :)

Again.. where do you gather that from?

I can almost guarantee that won't be the case.

I think it was from one of the trailers that they said you can purchase pet's with in-game currency, I'm not 100% sure though, It's been a year and I can bearly remember where I got that info.

There's no cat in the chest.

Pets wont be released in chests.

Pets were only conformed as microtransactions, and all that's been confirmed other than that is that they were talking about maybe doing a way to earn some in game.

Your right, Yeah, I was talking nonsense and I got so excited when a dude told me they're in a chest.

That's how people end up angry and calling Rare liars because they followed someone else's rumour mill

Haha exactly, The internet never lies eh?

• @tre-oni said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

I'm so excited for the Tall Tales: Shores of Gold! They are going to be really interesting!! 😁

I am so EXCITED to see this!!! They're adding in dungeons with loot and puzzles, Omg that is going to be amazing.

@fuzzyh1ghland3r said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

@theunknownd it’s introducing pets my bro there be a cat sitting in the chest if ya squint yer eye

I didn't saw that! omg, that's awesome! I thought they said you need to purchase pets.

When the game released they said they will make it so we gotta buy the pets with in-game currency that we can get in0game, I'm so glad that they made it so we can get them in chests. :)

This was mentioned in one of the interviews back in February last year, that they want to enable players to acquire pets with in game currency as well as real money via the microtransactions.

Neate explains that there will be opportunities to earn paid currency through normal play.

SEA OF THIEVES WILL ADD MICROTRANSACTIONS

• Does anyone know what cannons are in the background when we see the guy fishing from the bow of the ship, around 13 seconds in? They don't look familiar to me

• @katttruewalker For some reason I only recall them essentially saying "we're thinking about that"

• @musicmee been a nice long time coming matey

• @tre-oni aye there is

• @tre-oni

I added the link.

• @fuzzyh1ghland3r Aye, but isn't she a beauty!

From fishing to harpoons, star maps, bo.oby traps, tall tales, and Arena... I mean they couldn't squeeze any more into a minute long video!

(Or could they!)

• @musicmee hmm I thought I peeked cat ears in a chest but ya never know

• Time to start a countdown!! :D

• @katttruewalker said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

This was mentioned in one of the interviews back in February last year, that they want to enable players to acquire pets with in game currency as well as real money via the microtransactions.

Neate explains that there will be opportunities to earn paid currency through normal play.

SEA OF THIEVES WILL ADD MICROTRANSACTIONS

Thank you so much for clarifying, I was wondering where I saw that.

• @musicmee
    Cooking: 0:07
    Key/musicbox: 0:08
    Harpoons: 0:13 and 0:46
    Fishingrod: 0:07, 0:13 and 0:41
    Books for reading (movable): 0:13
    Arena chests (2 types): 0:13 and 0:28
    Breaking masts (chained canonballs?): 0:20
    2 movable arena ships (i think some kind of King-of-the-Hill): 0:26
    Arena Lair: 0:28
    Riddles/puzzles (missions): 0:34
    Star Navigation: 0:36
    Traps: 0:37
    Jacuzzi: 0:47

• @katttruewalker behold actual listening to forums

• @killemslow357 said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

@binaryplayerone 1 man sloops or two man don't have much of a chance these day's.. Agree 100% with you.. I think there should be a mission mode so you can just enjoy the game and hard run missions. They can be difficult sometimes on there own without getting dumped on by larger crews or wounding if streamers are hiding out on your boat for content..

Yeah I'm surprised that Rare just keeps on ignoring the balancing issue. I think they need to make sloops faster. Basically it should be the fastest ship of them all. Especially now with harpoons it makes even more sense.

It should be the fastest and most agile ship of them all seeing how it's lacking in all other areas. If you get surprised or out smarted then it would be your own fault and not because the game is unbalanced.

• @vorondil1 said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

Does anyone know what cannons are in the background when we see the guy fishing from the bow of the ship, around 13 seconds in? They don't look familiar to me

They're harpoon cannons

at 0:44 You can see it in action matey.

• @musicmee said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

There's so much epic stuff in the video we should create a list of all the little details we have spotted!

Yes we need to do that and I'll add all them here: Summary of Upcoming Features, Changes and Additions :D

• @theunknownd nope nope not referring to harpoons. I actually mean the red and silver cannons in the background.

• @skulliah see my previous post mate :)

• @vorondil1 probably arena canons :p

• @captainnscurvy true! Sea Dog cosmetics will probably be coming! Woohoo! Thanks, mystery (probably) solved!

• @fuzzyh1ghland3r said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

@musicmee hmm I thought I peeked cat ears in a chest but ya never know

Don't sweat it, Your eyes can deceive you matey.
    It would be unrealistic when I think of it, Can it breathe in the chest?

• @captainnscurvy Awesome! I'm going to add all those new upcoming features :D

• The trailer was awesome. Fishing and more environmental based puzzles/traps are something I have hoped for for a long time. The arena stuff looks outstanding. Cannot wait.

• @theunknownd I mean we play in a world of skeletons that eat bananas so anything is possible

• A little bit more information in this article -

Sea of Thieves fans will get free items, new quests, a competitive mode and a new trading company as part of an update to mark a year since the popular shared-world adventure title was released.

Executive Producer at Rare, announced a collection of story-rich quests called Tall Tales that are played out in the shared world and can be completed alone or with a crew. The first collection of Tall Tales will be called Shores of Gold, “an epic adventure of love, honour and betrayal in search of the mythical Shores of Gold. This is Sea of Thieves like you’ve never seen it before,” Neate added.

Rare is also introducing a new trading company, named The Hunter’s Call, which will give players new ways to play and progress towards their ultimate aim of becoming a Pirate Legend.

• @skulliah huzzah sir and nice your a boatswain I aspire to be

• Puzzles! I'm so stoked for Tall Tales! I'm about a third of the way done with the Athena's Fortune book and it's incredible! I can't wait to experience those tales. April 30th? my classes end on the May 1st! What timing! Oh the joy! My pirate heart can't take it! I mean, this is all in the first part of 2019...imagine what the rest of the year is going to look like!

Rare, you're all amazing. Thank you!

• The only thing i didn't see and hoped for, is a land Boss, like an giant crab, and a construction dock where you can build a different type of ship if you want to change the shiptype ingame (so still the same shiptypes, only the option to build a sloop from planks for example)

• I'm so glad people are pointing out the crab bc he's clearly the star of the show.

alt text

• @theunknownd said in Official Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Announce Trailer:

When the game released they said they will make it so we gotta buy the pets with in-game currency that we can get in0game

That is not true. It was clear from launch that pets were to be microtransactions. They were initially scheduled to be part of the first update, but the underwhelming reviews caused them to push it back in favor of free content updates. It's been long assumed (known) that pets will have to be bought as DLC. The only speculation is what the cost will be.

• ""Le producteur exécutif de Rare a annoncé une série de quêtes riches en histoires appelées Tall Tales, qui se jouent dans le monde partagé et peuvent être complétées seules ou en équipe.""

can we play our character in this campaign where it will be a hero chosen by rare?

• This looks great but one thing... why is the dude struggling to catch that tiny fish LOL

Views
63 out of 67