Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5

• @marsmayflower text chat whats text chat

• Huge KUDOS to the whole team at RARE, you guys an gals rocked it over the last year here's to another cracking year of Piratical Awesomeness!

Side note: As i sport it on me vessel quite often i have had many a crew member asking when the Spinal Figurehead is going to make an ingame appearance (pretty sure it's well outside the exclusive time limit) ?
    It matches the new Cutlass pretty well hoping for the release to the masses SOON™

Happy Day of Birth Sea of Thieves!

• @piratecraggy said in Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5:

@bran-the-ent said in Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5:

@im-botzz I don't mind a free gift to all those who got to legend prior to the anniversary, but I think re-skinning what others had to grind for feels like an odd choice.

Whilst I'm happy to receive the free gift.
    I agree it would have nicer if it hadn't been simply re-skinned.

Is the re-skinning the major issue?
    If it had been different set completely, would longer established PL's be happy to receive this for free along with the new members of the Legend Clan?

thoughts

I don't know about you guys but the blunder and cutlass look really cool, just those 2 items are more than enough for me.

• @piratecraggy Preach. There'll always be something to complain about. I think this is definitely one of the least egregious decisions by Rare, so I shall choose to be happy that I get lovely-looking, fairly-exclusive cosmetics -- for free! :)

• Happy birthday! So excited. Unfortunate I can’t get in the game tho. I got in right after the update and bought a reapers run voyage. That didn’t show up in my inventory but I couldn’t buy any more. And when I restarted I could get back in. Did anyone else buy the voyage before it was ready? I’m thinking that’s why I can’t play rn

• Can confirm not having any of the rewards. Also, new waterfalls within the Pirate Legend Hideout?

• @jokinggnat131 i dont have it either. Saying that i cant even get in a game.

• @biostructr said in Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5:

I don't know about you guys but the blunder and cutlass look really cool, just those 2 items are more than enough for me.

Yeah.. personally I would have been happy just with that myself

• What a great way to celebrate our first year together! Congratulations to RARE for developing Sea of Thieves! Given time this game is surely going to be sitting atop the list of all time greats! Let's sail it into history!

• @biascrayfish569 me

• @cpt-pikpik i got in but had nothing and quit thinking it was a bug and cant get in now

• @marsmayflower finally someone clears this up. so would I be able to play with my xbox controller and just use my keyboard along side it to type on?

• @biostructr they have given more than I was expecting to be honest, and I cant feel sad about that

• @kraken-slap Aye, that is true.

• @mad-mordechai Same for me none of the rewards. and things i buy will be paid for but not be in the inventory

• I cant get in i get bronzebeard and alabasterbeard something failed :"(

• NOW THAT'S AN AWESOME REWARDS ME HEARTIES!

@ruigtand-nl said in Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5:

I cant get in i get bronzebeard and alabasterbeard something failed :"(

Servers are down till 12 so 2 more hours till servers are up.

• @capitan-pitbull I doubt they’d know if you deleted your pirate twice. Shouldn’t have deleted your pirate legend twice 🤷🏽‍♂️😂

• How long is this stuff available for? I'm PL but away for a couple of days. Longer than that I hope.

• @mr-dragon-raaar

• Thanks for chat pad support ❤️ Love you guys.

What a years it’s been playing Sea of Thieves. Incredible game and can’t wait to see what’s in store for us in the future.

• I finally made it into the game, but have received none of the expected rewards. Also, trying to buy the new hat in the shop, it told me, "I had a problem finding that. Ask me again." After a while I was finally able to purchase it, but it took about ten minutes. Purchasing all items had a very long lag after purchasing.

Very buggy and disappointing update so far.

• Oh yay..

More legendary reapers run commendations...

• @vorondil1 said in Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5:

@piratecraggy Preach. There'll always be something to complain about. I think this is definitely one of the least egregious decisions by Rare, so I shall choose to be happy that I get lovely-looking, fairly-exclusive cosmetics -- for free! :)

Yip.. going to enjoy them myself brother!
    Got more than expected... I figured maybe the odd cosmetic.

• @salvatore-prime said in Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5:

Ahoy! Happy Birthday !!
    I do not see the patch notes of the arena? Is not this mode in this update? Those who have not reached legendary this day have opportunity until the 22nd?

That's the mega update. The release date gets announced today.

• What about the people who bought the legendary ship stuff before this? Would they get a refund of their hard earned gold to get them then found out that they will be getting better-looking ones for free or we will always have them lurking in our inventory?

Idm, We got what we paid for and these are epic rewards!

• Happy Birthday, Sea of Thieves! Although I've been playing for only a few short months, I can't wait to see this game evolve for months and, hopefully, years to come.

Mega Update trailer hype!

• @muse986 can't join every time there's a update i cannot play for 24-48 hours because of your server

• sounds great and all but the game is broken right now

• Inactive Player Detection – Improved detection and disconnection of inactive players wherever they are in the world.

So, I cannot take bathroom breaks now? Thanks.

• @unfadingshimmy unfortunate side effect. On the upside, the afk trolls might be in for a rude surprise :)

• @unfadingshimmy just go off the bow, just make sure youre not aimed into the wind!

• @vorondil1 AFK trolls?

• @unfadingshimmy it was kinda a thing. People would keep flipping through random crews until they found one that was doing an Athena's voyage, and then they would go afk and do irl things while their character got gold and rep from the other people on the crew.

Views
1 out of 366