Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5

• @haveyoumetcory I understand, that happened to me when I got an exclusive figurehead that they then made available to others for cheap. Not the same thing, but I understand. Having said that, I did not purchase the figurehead your talking about and so I am happy with that... Honestly, the best one if the A10 figurehead and I do not think that will be given away for free.

• @acebead40319154 that’s correct matey that’s earned

• @fuzzyh1ghland3r Yeah, I thinks it's the only one I really like outside of the perfect dark lady with the two guns.

• @haveyoumetcory @Im-BoTzz , As a new legend, I agree. I don't know what Rare's fascination with re-skins is about. Sometimes it feels like they think of these things last minute and decide just to re-skin an existing model rather than coming up with something new. What incentive do I have to grind or pay for the old PL cosmetics? Because it's a different color? Nah.

• @murkrage sure I get it’s a celebration gift, but people have been asking for PL attention since people started hitting it. There’s been how many different updates in this game? I’ve been Legend since early August and some of my friends before and others shortly after. They’ve made it way too easy for People to hit Legend so now it’s not so special anymore

• Happy 1 year SOT

• @mad-jack-ketch same problem

• @acebead40319154 ahh yes the perfect dark figure head I’m quite partial to the spinal figure head don’t see to many of those around

• Happy 1 YEAR SOT :D

• @bran-the-ent I’m glad even a fresh Legend agrees. I’ve been hoarding my gold in hopes for something new and exciting. I had about 3Mil now at 2 (bought that PL10 figurehead) and some other goodies etc. I’m highly disappointed in this reskin and a free gift to everyone.

• @im-botzz well if you look at it this way us early pirste legends were a small commodity yes... however eventually we have to know all will be legends. Knowing it’s just a title since all can become legends remeber few are truly legendary In skill and how they interact with others .

• Maybe one day we can grind to Pirate Lords, and feel real accomplishment again.... until they make it easier for every kid with an xbox controller to reach that 'special' status. lawl

• @capitan-pitbull don't delete your character then lol

• @fuzzyh1ghland3r i just want something new for the grind. Being legend and A10, there’s literally nothing to do. It was a small community and now it looks as though it’s tripled. I PVP a lot and I’d say maybe I’d jump on 5-7 boats through out the day whenever I play and I’d say 3-4 out of them have at least one legend aboard

• Anyone else not seeing the Pirate Legend rewards?

• @im-botzz I don't mind a free gift to all those who got to legend prior to the anniversary, but I think re-skinning what others had to grind for feels like an odd choice.

• @mezi-maru puppet legends only in title that’s all it is any ways if they make it that’s cool but in the end it’s skill that makes a real legend I welcome all who can reach the rank I’ll test there worth on the seas

• @bran-the-ent this is true but ehh it’s just cosmetics

• At least now you can fight those legends in hideout. That's interesting had fun for few minutes till servers started to lag.

• Is Duke day dreaming to much to give anyone else their gilded? He seems rather to occupied with his thoughts to give me mine... :/

UPDATE: Finally pried him away from his day dreaming of the mega update announcement and recieved my gilded.

• Where are my rewards?

• And about cosmetics, i have the pirate legend ship set too and other staff. Haven't seen new staff but I will feel a bit disappointed if it's the same as I already own. Exceptionally the tankard and stuff you need to grind for.

• @very0ld0ne "My understanding is that players who achieved Pirate Legend after March 1st will have to wait until the 22nd. If you achieve(d) Pirate Legend after the 19th, you will not be eligible for the year one PL rewards."

Can you give a source for this please? Or can anyone confirm or deny whether this is true?

• Personally, I would liked it better to just receive the update on March 22nd as a whole instead of some PL’s having to wait an extra 2 days for rewards they grinded for considering some have been waiting a while already. Also, logged in and out of the game twice since update and can’t purchase anything, not even the free guilted Athena’s. EITHER WAY.. Happy Birthday Sea Of Thieves! Hope everyone has a great day and remembers to #Bemorepirate 🏴‍☠️

• this is great :D I do wish that there were some unique items for us who hit Athena 10 though

• @im-botzz I can understand man we all want to feel unique but again it was intended to be reachable by all the games been out a year the novelty of being legend has worn off. But I’m in favor of whole another map for pirate legends or heck just Athena’s 5 and higher to gain rep in something else. Captaincy or pirate lord status would be neat

• @bran-the-ent said in Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5:

@im-botzz I don't mind a free gift to all those who got to legend prior to the anniversary, but I think re-skinning what others had to grind for feels like an odd choice.

Whilst I'm happy to receive the free gift.
    I agree it would have nicer if it hadn't been simply re-skinned.

Is the re-skinning the major issue?
    If it had been different set completely, would longer established PL's be happy to receive this for free along with the new members of the Legend Clan?

thoughts

• @seven7tree a birthday update two days past the birthday? heh

• @Musicmee is there gonna be a fix for the new problem with sot and when i checked i saw no PL rewards

• Wooohoooo!!! Text chat on xbox!!

Fyi, text chat works with any keyboard, not just the chat pad, as the notes seem to imply.

• @kraken-slap agreed

• is it just me who has none of the cosmetics there are meant to have

• @capitan-pitbull said in Release Notes Discussion 1.4.5:

Please respond. Will i get pirate legend rewards if i own the pirate legend achievement but deleted my character? Ive done that 2 times and it would be really unfair if i dont get any rewards for that.

If you delete your pirate you delete everything you accomplished with it.

• @marsmayflower Thanks! Was hoping so!

• @piratecraggy You never can tell, but they'd have less of a leg to stand on if they weren't happy.

Views
1 out of 366