Customisation of pirate.

• I just started playing SoT on Saturday, (great timing for the double event). I really enjoy the game.

BUT, i really hate that the pirate representing me is not how i wish she looked.

I spent almost 3 hours Friday evening respawning pirates over, and over, and over again. I found one that had a pretty face, but a muscular man body. So i picked some “alright” faced pirate with a feminine body type.

I’ve read several articles about this issue. And yes, i know i could delete my pirate and all my accomplishments to “re-roll” just to RISK possibly getting something worse.

I understand that customizing your avatar is not priority to you all, the adventures are. But, this is something that multiple people have clearly been asking for ever since the game released a year ago.

I see you all added hair dye, tattoos, face paint, and makeup. Why not take it all the way?.
    I also read the “We want no pirates alike/We want originality.” Not sure how pirates could look exactly alike when they’re fully customized to what the individual wants.
    Even if people “copy”, We have Gamer tags above our heads that are also colored to spot friend, or foe.

I want to really pour myself into this game, but i’m torn away by not having a custom avatar.

You can do what fortnite does, and create skins, then make us pay for the skin we want. I’ve put hundreds of dollars into Epic Games wallet for the purpose of having an amazing avatar to play with, and represent me.

It’s a big money making opportunity you all are missing entirely.

If you want no one to look alike, then allow full customize of our pirate, and put a price on each individual change we make. Want a new face?, 50,000 Doubloons. New Body? 100,000 doubloons.

There is endless opportunities in the avatar customizing catagory.

Thanks for reading.

I’m praying tomorrow (03/20/19) in the HUGE announcements there is a update to customizing your avatar. If not, then i hope my post encourages this well needed update to give you all the success this game deserves.

This issue is a setback for the game, and i hope you developers will work together on this to take SoT to the top in 2019.

Views
  • This is a very requested feature. To date there is no concrete news if this is going to happen. It may happen tomorrow on the 20th for all we know... or never.

My only advice is that if you are really unhappy with the appearance of your pirate and it bothers you, start over now. It sounds like you just started so, to be honest, you won't be losing that much progress.

There's things about my pirate that I wish were different too. But now that I have played her up to PL Athena 9 I have come to accept her for who she is. Changing her now would feel kind of like a betrayal.

But it's up to you at the end of the day.

• This must be done. Absolutely.

• Welcome to the game! It's so wonderful to see new pirates! ❤
    I hope you enjoy the game as much as we all do.
    The pirate Random generator was so annoying as hell but eventually, I got him to look really good with a great body type, It took me 4 hours and I was like, Please! Let me play the game. :( You gotta look cool to impress.

Also, Doubloons are bilge rat currency and if it cost 50k That would take so long ^_^ Maybe like 100 or so.

My pirate says hi and welcome to the seas matey!

• @nicneviin said in Customisation of pirate.:

I just started playing SoT on Saturday, (great timing for the double event). I really enjoy the game.

BUT, i really hate that the pirate representing me is not how i wish she looked.

I think of it like Real life.. Do we get to pick how we look from a menu? I doubt that's the way it worked out..

IMO I could care less how my pirate looks, instead I play the character as it was rolled!

Embrace your character and play it to the best of your ability!

• @swimplatypus7 said in Customisation of pirate.:

@nicneviin said in Customisation of pirate.:

I just started playing SoT on Saturday, (great timing for the double event). I really enjoy the game.

I think of it like Real life.. Do we get to pick how we look from a menu? I doubt that's the way it worked out..

IMO I could care less how my pirate looks, instead I play the character as it was rolled!

Embrace your character and play it to the best of your ability!

That is actually a good way of seeing it like that.
    We should love what our character looks like.
    If you have an option to randomize different pirates then why not character customization instead, This is the only thing that I dislike about the game but they kept it in ever since. (I really hope that they will add some sort of more customization down the future)

I hope we won't get a game that the system will automatically customize a character for you, But that would be interesting.

• @viperishemu2992 @Nicneviin Rare has already said they are looking into a feature that will let you change your character in a very Rare sort of way probably in game. This is a ways off however but could allow us to alter the sliders that are used in the generation process or change from young to old, fat to thin, man to woman and vice versa. Not sure how they will do it and what I just listed is just speculation but they have talked about it in a live stream.

• @swimplatypus7 Thats how I have always viewed it but my pirate is also sexy as Heck lol. I also like that everyone is really unique looking. You can already add a lot to change how the base pirate looks, you just cant change the base body and face mainly. We all must learn to love ourselves as well as our Rare pirates lol.

• I Totally agree with this. I created my pirate as a really fat and ugly one because I got the game from gamepass and decided I want going to play it seriously and just wanted to be silly. I regret this now because I can't do any stealth missions and hide from other pirates, I get called "fatty" whenever I join a boat, and even if the hitboxes are the same for all pirates, I have a major disadvantage because I am super easy to spot considering the size of my character. I am a Pirate Legend 8 and I am not willing to start all over again just because of my character looks

Views
8 out of 9