The Wild Pig Chase

• So, I was going solo on a Sloop, ye see? Figuring I'd try to make some gold all by me lonesome.

Now wit all the excitement over Duke sending fellow pirates out on the Reaper Runs and such, I figures I should get a taste of what it would feel like fer when me and my mates would do the voyage for real. That, an' I needed to do me commendation fer completing normal voyages wit the flag. So, I load me sloop up with supplies at Ancient Spire Outpost, grabbed an order form fer two pigs (One pink and black speckled and one solid black) from the merchant to be delivered to her at the outpost, raised up that accursed flag, and set off!

Why choose to help the snobby merchants? I figures that if I did get attacked by somebody, at least I wouldn't lose any treasure. Besides, I love working with wit animals!

Sos, here I go. After I leave port, that's when I realized I forgot the two cages. Even worse, was that a few Skelly Ships decided it was in my best interest to test their firepower. After I managed to deal wit dem and took the loot that floated to the surface, I set course back ter Ancient Spire to cash the chests and skull in and get the cages, then set out to Devil's Ridge to get the pigs. After getting back on the ship, I look up to see this plain sails Sloop trying to close in on me. I take evasive action and said with the wind. I turn back wit me speaking trumpet to ask if they were friendly, and that's when I noticed they started sinking, as if they might have either scuttled it forgot to patch a few holes in they ship. Instead, I started rolling on the deck laughing, shouting "IT'S DAVEY JONES' LOCKER FOR YOU!"

Aside from that incident, all was quiet on the way to Devil's Ridge. I caught the black pig just fine. The speckled one was a bit trickier to catch, but I managed. After catching the two little pork-butts, and grabbing a powder keg fer good measure, I look up and see a Sloop in the distance, coming straight fer me. As I got back to the ship and dropped sails, I realised it was the very same
    plain sloop from earlier. I sail off, the sloop in hot pursuit. Every move I make, they mirror, I'll bet a distance behind me. So this goes on fer about five-ish minutes, and then I realized they think I'm on one of those Reaper Voyages that Duke is giving out, and they want to steal me "Treasure". I figures that I'm probably not gonna be able to turn the pigs in wit Dumb and Dumber following me every move like one of those blasted Shadow Skellies, so I decided to act like I'm sailing into the Devil's Roar. Unsurprisingly, they continue to follow me. Sos I start mocking them, see? I start wavin' and dancin', and generally all manner of shanties. That's when they started shooting their cannons. Barely even getting near me at all. Just wasting all that good iron fer nothing.

I never did go into the Roar, though. I figured it would be a bit TOO risky, 'specially with the two pigs on board. So, I turn around and head back into the Ancient Isles, trying to think of a way I could loose 'em sos I could finish me voyage. By this time, I had already thrown the single keg I had overboard in an attempt ter deter them. They didn't hit it, unfortunately. I did try to fire a few warning shots with me cannons and eye of reach. Some of the cannon shot hit thier mark, but they still kept following me. I tell ya, they followed me to the edge of the Ancient Isles, and back across to the other side.

This entire episode up to this point had been well over thirty minutes and I was starting to get a bit annoyed and wanted to finish me order before it expired. I had already tried telling them that there was nothing of value in the ship, besides only two pigs. They didn't listen. Oh well.

So, I decided I'm gonna try passing Ancient Spire and jumping off me ship wit a pig and let the spirits sail me ship true. After I adjust the heading to get as close as possible, I grab the black one and dive in. I swam to the dock and heard a splash of water behind me. I turn to look, and one of the barnacle brains had jumped in after me. I didn't make any attempt to hide me laughter and mockingly called him out on this thurst for blood.

I managed to sell the pig and jumped back into the water to me me mermaid before he had a chance to shoot or swipe me wit his sword. Before I let the mermaid take me back to me ship, I took a few shots at him when he doubled back to the dock to see if I actually sold whatever he believed I had. Can't remember if I hit him or not.

So, once I was back on me ship, I figured it worked once, maybe again? There was just one problem. They stayed back a ways at the outpost after I teleported back to me ship. Once they realised I was coming in for a second pass, all they had to do was intercept me. I didn't go down very quietly, though. I lobbed a few more cannonballs into their plain sloop. Before I knowed it, one o' 'em jumped onboard and dropped me anchor and proceeded to try to kill me. I was laughing the entire time, telling them that they chased me all for nought. My words fell on deft ears, as I was soon given a temporary ticket to the Ferryman. Sad to say that I wasn't able to return to the land of the living in time to save me ship.

The only thing that they got out of an hour long chase was just a speckled pig. They could've done two voyages for the Gold Horders in the time it took to finally catch me. An' I'm proud I wasted their time. Might've taught them a valuable lesson on if somebody don't want to fight, LEAVE 'EM BE!

Case in point and the moral to this story, if you see the reapers mark on the map, and you get the urge to try and steal somebody's hard work and good fortune, think long and hard weather it would be worth your time to chase them down. Especially if it's a solo sloop. You might get a massive fortune of gold and skulls, or you might get just one very dirty and scared pig.

Views
  • @retroace135 lol lovely story! Beware all treasure thieves, fleeing ships just might be the ones trolling YOU! :)

• @retroace135 aye nice tale ye bloody pirate

Views
2 out of 3