Shrouded Ghost Spawn rate

• Can you guys please increase the spawn rate of this meg. It rediculous due to the calculations it has less than a 1% chance to spawn. How do you guys expect us to get the level 5 commendation and title to kill 50 of these when I can’t even see 1? Please guys change the spawn rate....

Views
  • Unfortunately they probably have the opinion of “keep playing our game and find it” but yeah, rumour has it it hangs out in the fog but aside from that..

• It should be rare, but it should also have an increased chance in the fog.

I am also of the idea that it should be 1 kill for each level, so 5 to get to grade 5 rather than 50.

Nothing wrong with things being rare.

• I would have to agree that the spawn rate should be increased, but only by a little. Having something so exclusive like this gives people a lot of excitement to find something so rare.

• It does not exist it's made up, nobody has seen it. Just like landings on the moon.

• Real question is that shroud ghost meg fake or is it a real thing I've along with a lot of other people have not seen it at this point to us it's fake???

• @gho5tstorm It’s real! I got the commendation yesterday but had no idea that’s what it was until after we killed the Meg. I was doing Mercenary Voyages and I believe it was outside the Crow’s Nest! I posted a screenshot on my Twitter: https://twitter.com/mamakayttv/status/1152308811744464896?s=21

• No! No! No! No! No! Keep it mythical!!!!!

I would feel badly cheated if Rare made the Shrouded Ghost even a tiny bit more common, and one week later I encounter it.

• @theycantdeportu yes the spawn rate needs to be increased i have over 3000 hours in this game and still haven't seen it that's pretty bad to not find it in 3k hours of playing

• @theycantdeportu its 1 ghost meg per grade so you only need 5

• @theycantdeportu

I've yet to see this one and of the mind that it is a myth. Anyways, they should increase the spawn rate a nudge. Not too make it easy or common but to at least generate 1 player who can say they really saw it. :)

• @fast-bike94 but were all 3k after it was released? I know I've played a ton, I really dont want to know how many hours I've played.

I'd love to find the shrouded ghost but if they were to make it easy I would feel disappointed.

• I’m fine with the spawn rate, even if it takes me another year to even see it.

• Strongly disagree. The Shrouded Ghost spawn rate (along with the box of wondrous secrets) is one of the best parts of the game. Every crew that I've ever been on has talked about it at one point or another, usually when another meg is attacking us. The rarity has turned it into a legend. If they increase the spawn rate, then it's just another meg to kill. Blah.

• It's like the Gjallahorn!

• @rcadden
    Yeah, I love how many random ideas people have come up with to try to summon it. It wouldn't be as amazing if it was more common.

• Still, this isn’t some crazy rare Easter egg. It’s an NPC that features in achievement/s. Scarce is one thing but AWOL is pointless. Once you have the other 5 the Ghost should show up within a reasonable number of hours. It’s annoying because I can’t sail more than a few yards without some bloody overgrown dogfish chewing the back of my boat. It’s just never the overgrown dogfish I need.

• @captain-coel since December 25th

• @fast-bike94 that's like 14 hours every day.... dedication

• I've put in several millions of meters since the ghost was added and still no ghost. I call shennanigans.

• @letslipthedogs said in Shrouded Ghost Spawn rate:

It's like the Gjallahorn!

I dropped about 15 gjallies in my time with D1. The ghost is on an entirely different level. I did freak the f out when I dropped that first gjally, though.

• @archangel-timmy saidin Shrouded Ghost Spawn rate:

I am also of the idea that it should be 1 kill for each level, so 5 to get to grade 5 rather than 50.

That's already the case.

• @crimsonraziel said in Shrouded Ghost Spawn rate:

@archangel-timmy saidin Shrouded Ghost Spawn rate:

That's already the case.

You quoted a 4-month old post which is indeed no longer relevant.

• @theycantdeportu wrote:

It rediculous (sic) due to the calculations it has less than a 1% chance to spawn.

@Archangel-Timmy wrote:

It should be rare, but it should also have an increased chance in the fog.

@ZachTheBeazt wrote:

I would have to agree that the spawn rate should be increased, but only by a little.

@Kang-Seung-Jeun wrote:

Anyways, they should increase the spawn rate a nudge. Not too make it easy or common but to at least generate 1 player who can say they really saw it. :)

When someone says something like "Let's increase the spawn rate a little bit", I read that as "Let's increase the spawn rate to a point when I can reasonably expect to have a good chance of encountering this creature in the next month or two."

But maths and probability does not work like that. To increase the appearances of the Shrouded Ghost to make it reasonably likely that any given dedicated player would have a reasonable expectation of encountering it every few weeks would not be a small increase. It would be an enormous increase!

Let's assume, for sake of argument, that when the game decides to spawn a Meg on you, a figurative one-thousand sided die (singular of dice) is rolled; and if a "1" is rolled, you get the Shrouded Ghost. Even if it were changed such that a "1" or a "2" gave you the beast, still only 1 in 500 Megs (on average) would be a Shrouded Ghost. Most players would still seem to never encounter it and would continue to believe it was as impossible as ever. That, despite a 100% increase in its chance of appearing. Such an increase would be pointless.

Now, if it was decided that, instead of a 1 in 1000 chance, it should be a 1 in 50 chance (so that even casual players might see it eventually), the Shrouded Ghost would be spawned if any number from "1" to "21" was rolled on our figurative thousand-sided die. That would represent a huge 2000% increase in its spawn rate!

It would not be "only a little" or just "a nudge".

Btw, Kang-Seung-Jeun, I have personally encountered people who HAVE seen and defeated the creature. Just meeting such a person was nearly as exciting as meeting the creature itself!

TL;DR: Leave the spawn-rate alone. Keep it mythical. I hope Sea of Thieves will be around for years. I don't mind if it takes me that long to meet the Shrouded Ghost.

• @letslipthedogs said in Shrouded Ghost Spawn rate:

It's like the Gjallahorn!

What's that?

As for the SG Meg, I'm fine with either decision. It will either continue to be hard to get and remain mythical or be slightly improved (which, BTW, it already has at least once) and more likely to show up.

I don't know what the odds are of it showing up, but I have yet to see it myself - and I play every day. So, I imagine it's really low. Think of it this way - if you have a 1% chance of encountering it, then that's 1 out of 100 megs. Have you encountered and/or killed 100 megs yet? And if that's increased, let's say doubled, then it's only 2%, or 1 out of every 50 megs. Big difference there.

This is something that has to be considered very, very carefully by the devs. I wish them the best of luck in this endeavor.

• @theycantdeportu im indeed

• @marsmayflower I've been looking for it for awhile too. I still dont want its % increased.

• @surveyorpete Not sure why you lumped me in with the rest, I said keep it rare.

Stating it should have an increased chance in the fog isn't the same as saying make it more common like the others. It is the "Shrouded Ghost", so having it be .02% in the fog/shroud instead of .01% would make sense.

EDIT: Realistically, whose to say this isn't the case without it outright being stated by Rare. The fog is a low random occurance, and there is not real reason to spend much time in the fog. Given that, if it were .01% outside of the fog and 1% in the fog, I am not sure anyone would really know.

• @archangel-timmy

Fair point, timmy. I guess I had no idea how much of an "increased chance" you had in mind.

I am not sure that the Shrouded Ghost is not already more likely to spawn in fog (or in any other specific conditions). Maybe it is. Even if Rare do as you suggest, they should not tell us about it! Let such things be the stuff of myth and speculation.

• @captain-coel I'm fine with it, but dayum, I'm due.

• @surveyorpete I'm about 12 million meters sailed and haven't spotted it, but I am okay with that :)

When I do eventually get the kill, it is going to be amazing :D

1. I don’t think you have to kill 50 my dude. Just 5. (Someone with better knowledge of the game, correct me if I’m wrong!!)

2. agreed it needs a better spawn rate. Although I truly appreciate the fact this game, right from the start, basically tells you it’s all about grinding (if the levelling up is any indication) to get ranked up, grinding to complete commendations, etc. It’s rare to find games that basically make you grind things out, because being that patient isn’t easy.

But we shouldn’t have to play for several weeks to wait for a creature to spawn.

I’ve been playing almost every day for several hours. I kill every Megalodon that comes (if I can), and do my best to be out in open waters often when voyaging (I got the legendary kraken Hunter way too quickly cuz of my determination to get that ghost XD).

I always get excited when I hear that intense music, or if my music gets bugged again, I always get excited when I hear the monstrous beast swimming in the waters (her massive size makes for a deep sound under the water both due to said size, as well as her speed). But then get a little disappointed if I see colours other than white. Especially disappointed if it’s just The Hungering One.

We need much better chances of seeing The Shrouded Ghost. Although I appreciate their attempts at making this a truly rare sighting and battle, there comes a time when it’s a little TOO rare (I’m not kidding I’ve been playing this game for over 6 straight weeks ((I’ve been playing SINCE cursed sails but came back a few weeks ago to the game and was playing it every day since then)) and not once have I seen it, despite my best efforts and despite me being in the same server for several hours)

• I would just like clarification on whether it's simply a rare spawn or if certain requirements need to be met before it can spawn. There was talk early on about this and Rare went radio silent on the matter.

• @xshadovvhunterx As far as I know, it's completely random.

• Never seen it either, and I play a lot...
    But don't increase the spawn rate!

Views
1 out of 79